Xbox One S - Abruptly shuts down anytime automatically

Discus and support Xbox One S - Abruptly shuts down anytime automatically in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing a problem that my xbox one s abruptly shuts down itself automtically while in the middle of doing something. I was able to restore my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by samsoft17, Oct 21, 2019.

1. samsoft17
    samsoft17 Guest

Hi,

I am facing a problem that my xbox one s abruptly shuts down itself automtically while in the middle of doing something.

I was able to restore my xbox using usb drive offline update. But now the problem is it just closed down abruptly in the middle of doing something (game updates/loading/etc). Then i need to give it power reset everytime before starting again.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Sameer Gupta

:)

samsoft17, Oct 21, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi samsoft17

Please try the troubleshooting below:

Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off

Your console shuts down unexpectedly

Solution 1: If the console is too hot

If you received a message stating that your Xbox One console is getting improper ventilation, or it's hot to the touch, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the console.
    2. Wait at least one hour.
    3. Move the console to a well-ventilated spot.
    4. Turn on the console.
    Important Make sure your console is in a cool, well-ventilated place. Remove any objects on, under, or right next to the console.

For tips on positioning your Xbox One console, see Ventilation for the Xbox One console and Getting
    started with Xbox One

Solution 2: Troubleshoot your power supply

If your console continues to shut down unexpectedly, the problem might be the power supply. For information about how to troubleshoot power supply issues, visit Your
    Xbox One console won’t turn on

Solution 3: Change the console settings so it doesn’t turn off automatically

1. Turn on the console.
    2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    3. Select System > Settings > Power.
    4. Select Turn off or restart.
    If you follow these steps but the console continues to get hot and shut down, request a repair.

Your console shuts down unexpectedly while streaming content

Solution 1: Clear persistent storage

To troubleshoot this issue, clear persistent storage (Blu-ray data that’s been cached on the console).

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Disc & Blu-ray.
    3. Select Blu-ray.
    4. Select Persistent storage.
    5. Select Clear persistent storage.
    6. Turn off and unplug your console, and then wait 5 minutes.
    7. Plug in and turn on your console, and try streaming the content again.
    Solution 2: Try a wired connection

Some wireless routers have settings that may cause your Xbox One console to shut down unexpectedly. For example, a power-saving setting or network setting may cause your console to shut down.

If you use a wireless connection to connect to Xbox Live, try a wired connection. For information about how to set up a wired connection, see the Xbox
    One First-Time Connection Solution

If you can’t stream content when you use a wireless connection, see the Networking Hardware Information section of the Xbox Forums, or contact the router manufacturer for
    information about how to configure the wireless settings on the router.
  3. samsoft17 Win User

Thanks.

Please help with details of an authorized xbox service center in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. I want to take it to service center as warranty expired recently.

Thanks,

Sameer Gupta
  4. samsoft17 Win User

Thanks, it seems none of these issues are causing this unexpected "turn off" for my xbox one s.

Could it be due to a faulty internal power supply? And would it be fine if power supply be changed?

How to confirm if this is due to faulty power supply?

Looking for advise please.

Thanks,

Sameer Gupta
  5. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Live Gold Server For Xbox 360

Not anytime soon. There has not been an official word on if/when 360 servers would shut down. With backwards compatibility on the One using the 360 servers they're not likely to be shut down anytime soon.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Abruptly shuts down anytime automatically - Similar Threads - Abruptly shuts down

2. Xbox One X abruptly shuts off during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X abruptly shuts off during gameplay: I can cruise the menus forever. Look at game clips. Browse Game Pass etc. However, once I load a game it quits quite soon after gameplay has started. By "quits" I mean it fully shuts off -...
  3. Abrupt shut downs and sidebar opens on the Xbox One Console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abrupt shut downs and sidebar opens on the Xbox One Console.: Recently, my Xbox One Console has been turning off unexpectedly and the bar when you click the home button will open without provoking it. The Xbox is being kept cool with air, and I do not know...
  4. Game DVRを使用して録画している最中に、突然録画が終了する エラー2184327189 [Translation - Error recording abruptly...

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVRを使用して録画している最中に、突然録画が終了する エラー2184327189 [Translation - Error recording abruptly...: Game DVRのエラー 2184327189についての質問です。 Game DVRを使ってウェブ上の動画を画面録画しているのですが、キーボードやマウスに全く触れていないのにも関わらず、右上に表示されていた録画中のサインが消え、途中で録画が終了してしまいます。 その際、「録画が動作していません エラー:2184327189」という表示が出ます。...
  5. My app abruptly halts and closes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My app abruptly halts and closes.: My Microsoft Solitaire Collection fix itself after I purchased the annual subscription. I think someone on the inside of Microsoft has their own agenda. My Sudoku on my surface tablet still works...
  6. My app abruptly halts and closes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My app abruptly halts and closes: My Microsoft Solitaire Collection fix itself after I purchased the annual subscription. I think someone on the inside of Microsoft has their own agenda. My Sudoku on my surface tablet still works...
  7. Games crash abruptly while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games crash abruptly while playing: Games crash while I play. I sent my Xbox One for a guarantee reparation and got it back. However the same problem remains. I have tested my game discs on a friend's Xbox One console and it worked...
  8. Whenever I start to play a game my xbox one abruptly shuts down...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I start to play a game my xbox one abruptly shuts down...: Not really all to sure why it is doing this but anytime I go to play a game I can through the menus and everything but as soon as I start to play my xbox one just shuts itself off. Even my...
  9. Whenever I start to play a game my xbox abruptly shuts down...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I start to play a game my xbox abruptly shuts down...: Not really all to sure why it is doing this but anytime I go to play a game I can through the menus and everything but as soon as I start to play my xbox just shuts itself off. Even my controller...
  10. Microsoft Abruptly cancelled my Pre-Paid Gold Membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Abruptly cancelled my Pre-Paid Gold Membership: After a while of no multiplayer (due to no membership) I Decided to get some today.. I Had problems entering it earlier due to issues with the site and service,but after an hour it finally...