Xbox one S and Xbox one X in same house

Discus and support Xbox one S and Xbox one X in same house in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; can anyone tell me how I can have my account signed in to both our original Xbox One S AND the newer Xbox one X at the same time so my twins can play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrennanBrennan, May 9, 2019.

1. Xbox one S and Xbox one X in same house

can anyone tell me how I can have my account signed in to both our original Xbox One S AND the newer Xbox one X at the same time so my twins can play at the same time (different games) on different TVs? We own the disc for many games so arent trying to play
    the same game or use Gold ( we dont have that) at the same time. Each time we try simultaneous use, one keeps getting kicked off. The Microsoft store employee told me to create guest account and change profile to guest on one and log into the other with main
    profile. Tried that, totally didnt work, still got auto logged off one when we signed into the other. I prefer not to have to set up a separate account for each Xbox console, but I guess it might be the only way? I read you can use same account for an Xbox
    One and a 360, so was thinking it would work with an S and an X. Thank you

:)

BrennanBrennan, May 9, 2019
  2. Dadaknows Win User

Its perfectly acceptable for children to have their own email account.

This in turn can be used to create their own xbox account which you can control from your either your xbox or your microsoft account family page.

I have 5 and 11 year old girls and they both have their own email and xbox accounts.

Its not that big a deal really, plus you can get handy weekly notifications on their screentime and usage and also restrict their age limit for web browsing etc.

Do it!! Its not that bad!

good luck!
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

I can think of one possible solution, you will need to take one or both of the consoles into

offline mode
    (meaning they are not connected to the internet, then you should be able to have the same account logged into both consoles at the same time with out getting signed off of one, and your twins won't lose any progress made, but keep in mind that
    while in offline mode there is limited storage for achievements.

Please keep in mind that if they want to play any digital games while the cosnole is in offline mode then they will need to be playing on that accounts

Home Xbox.

I also recommend you consider making them their own accounts so that later on in their life they won't have to lose their gamerscore and game save progress should they continue to game.

But that might be something for another day.
  4. BrennanBrennan Win User

Thank you. Can i create a second account using my same email? My kids are only 9 and i dont want them having an account. If not, I will have to use my husbands email to create a new account, but that means he will have to participate in the process as I
    cant access his email directly. So, once i have a new account, i designate that account as home for both consolea, but use the new account to sign into one of the consoles.
  5. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Brannan

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, an account can only be signed in to one console at any given time; hence why you keep on getting kicked off from your consoles. You would have to create a new account to be used in the second console. We encourage
    you to look into our
    Home Console
    feature. This would allow for both consoles to share digital content and the Gold subscription by designating one account as the primary one. If you have any further questions or would like some clarification, don't be afraid to ask. Cheers
    :D
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Thanks, i will consider that. I thought the email had to be one i was able to check , but if its just to create the account, i may do that
    Please consider this:

Do NOT create a "dummy" or fake email, as maybe a few years later the kids will want to keep their game progress (which is stored and tied to their Microsoft Account with that email-username). And if you made an account with an email they are unable to check,
    this will lead them to lose game progress and might make it impossible for them to make their own purchases when they get older.

Microsoft will send important information to that email regarding purchases, possible suspensions for when the kids should act against the Code of Conduct or important contractual changes. So the kids eventually have to be able to access the account for
    actual email use. So choose an email they actually want and can use later!

I understand your desire to keep your kids safe from the dangerous online world. But do not make the mistake of many other parents.

If you let your kids use your parent account, the kids are regarded as fully grown adults by the Xbox Live system, which means, the kids are able to buy stuff in your name, talk to strangers, play mature games and do all kinds of other stuff you're trying
    to prevent.

Please DO make them a REAL email, just don't tell them that they actually have one, so they can't go around and tell anyone what their actual email is as long as they are kids.

But DO NOT forget their actual email!!! They WILL need it later when they grow up, and have a lot of time (and possibly money) invested in the account!

If you forget and somehow lose the access to the created emails, all their gaming time and money spent will be gone!!!

Microsoft Xbox has a very robust parental control system that ONLY works securely when you have a real adult account, that has proper child accounts for each of your kids which you have then added to your adult family account through
    https://account.microsoft.com/family.

That way you can sign in with your adult account, and set appropriate restrictions or allowances for your kids, and the kids are unable to circumvent them, as long as they have their child account. You can set the online and privacy restrictions for your
    kids through
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    where you then choose each kid's account, and make the proper online and privacy settings for each account.

And DO NOT enter a fake birthdate when creating the account! The birthdate can't be changed afterwards, and if a child reaches legal adult age, they automatically get the permission to do "adult" things like using a custom gamerpicture and set their own
    limits.

If they turn 18 and are still considered a child because you used a different birthdate, this will lead to unnecessary frustration, or might be potentially dangerous, if the account reaches legal adult age before the kid actually turns 18.

So please: You DO NOT make your kid's experience on the Xbox safe by letting them use your (or someone else's) adult email account!

ON THE CONTRARY!

Please do yourself and your kids the favor, and do create separate emails (and with that Gamertag accounts) for each of your kids!

If you have questions or doubts about that procedure, please do ask! But currently, you WILL make MORE DANGEROUS for your kids, if you create dummy accounts that you will forget, or let them use your or someone elses adult account!
Thema:

1. Xbox one S and Xbox one X in same house - Similar Threads - same house

2. Wont join friend. An he is in the same house.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wont join friend. An he is in the same house.: It wont lit me play games with s friend who is in the same household as me. Two xbox ones an too different accounts. I have decent internet an there is no problems there....
  3. Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.: I have checked a bunch of forum threads here, but can't find an answer to this. I bought a Xbox One X today, and my wife got my old Xbox One. LIVE and Game sharing doesen't work at all. Both...
  4. Sharing Games and Gold Membership in Same House

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Games and Gold Membership in Same House: Sure this has been asked millions of times before but here we go. son has Xbox One upstairs with digital games and discs and Gold membership, lets call this Xbox A. Im his dad and just bought...
  5. Share gold account on 2 xboxes in same house at same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share gold account on 2 xboxes in same house at same time?: Evening. Trying to set up 2 xboxes in my house so that my partner and i can play no mans sky MP together. We’ve done the home xbox set up etc, and can share digital games succesfully, but cant...
  6. Bright House Network: Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Bright House Network: Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time: Bright House Network (ISPs): Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time Hi there Jamian, Thanks for the reply! The Xbox console is trying to designate the connection through your...
  7. Unable to play with another Xbox in the same house.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play with another Xbox in the same house.: Me and my roommate are unable to play a game together when it is just us two. If we have someone else hosting, then it works just fine. And when we are playing separately, our internet is...
  8. More than 1 XBox One in same house`

in XBoX on Consoles
    More than 1 XBox One in same house`: I have an Xbox One and an Xbox One S, both in the same house. I am disappointed that I can only share games I have purchased on my "Home" console with the rest of my family. Why can't this work...
  9. Two Xbox ones in the same house

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Xbox ones in the same house: i have searched and found different answers to this question and i am unsure what is correct i have 2 xbox ones in the same house Console 1 (mine) - in the living room and is set as my home...
  10. Simultaneously playing the game on two different consoles in the same house (explained below)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Simultaneously playing the game on two different consoles in the same house (explained below): Hello all! So here is the setup. I have one XBOX one in the living room and my son has an XBOX one in his room. I purchased SW BFII and my son downloaded it to his console in his room as a...