Xbox One S audio output volume control

Discus and support Xbox One S audio output volume control in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, can I control the audio output volume of the Xbox One S with the Media Remote? I don't want to control my TV's volume through OneGuide, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZoltánBalázs2, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Xbox One S audio output volume control

Hello, can I control the audio output volume of the Xbox One S with the Media Remote? I don't want to control my TV's volume through OneGuide, but the Xbox's audio output itself (an old amplifier is connected to it without any remote option).

:)

ZoltánBalázs2, Sep 4, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi ZoltánBalázs2,

That is still not possible because volume control is only specific to the audio output device (speakers). You control volume only through the TV or any external audio device with speakers. The only exception to this would be volume control for headsets that
    don't have the volume control built in. In this case if you plug in a headset to the Xbox One controller via the 3.5mm jack, then volume is controlled by a slider found in the Xbox Accessories app when looking at the controller's settings.

In conclusion, the Xbox One console is not responsible for the volume of the audio output as that is handled by the audio output device itself. The Xbox One just processes the audio formats to whatever you have set it to in the Audio output settings and
    then the audio travels to your audio output device, which is what has the volume control. Therefore, as far as volume control goes, the Xbox One Media Remote is only able to control the volume on your TV that you have set up with your Xbox One under the TV
    & OneGuide settings and then in "Device Control".

As mentioned previously, please refer back to that support article on what the remote is used for.
  3. ZoltánBalázs2 Win User

Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my problem. There's no TV or remote-controlled amplifier in the system, that's why I would need to control the volume of the optical audio output of my Xbox One S. I'm sure it's technically (on hardware-side) possible,
    because I can adjust its volume in Spotify through my mobile's or PC's Spotify application.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi ZoltánBalázs2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Unfortunately the Xbox One Media Remote does not connect to audio receivers or any other audio device. The remote connects directly to the Xbox and can also control TV volume after setting up your TV in the Xbox settings.

I recommend reading over the support article titled, "About the Xbox One Media Remote" for all of the information you need regarding that
    remote. I hope this helps!
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Using SPDIF and HDMI Simultaneously

[quote user="Atropos0"]Is there any way to output audio through SPDIF while using HDMI?[/quote]Audio is present across all outputs at all times. There's no user control over which output is active. If you don't want to hear the audio over your monitor, mute
    the monitor or turn the volume down.[quote user="FALCONFLYBOY"]what is a spdif cable and how does it enhance the sound[/quote]S/PDIF stands for Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format. It's one acronym used to describe the standard for Dolby Digital, DTS,
    or stereo over an optical or coaxial cable.
  6. DexHowl Win User

Cannot hear audio when headphones connected to my Xbox one controller

So a few things, Being that you are talking about connecting to the controller I'm assuming these are wired headphones. When you wire directly to the controller you'll find that there is a volume setting that appears in the System tab of the guide. You'll
    want to confirm that the volume is not set all the way to one side as this could mean you would hear party but not game audio.

Also in settings under Display and Sound, you should notice there's few options for Audio Output and another for Volume, Under volume you want me make sure it's not set to "Mute All" - Also
    Under Audio Output you want to make sure that you are using a format that is compatible with the headphones you are using. If it's set to Windows Sonic for example and your headphones don't support that you want to change it to Stereo.

Audio Settings - Xbox Support Article
Thema:

1. Xbox One S audio output volume control - Similar Threads - audio output volume

2. Xbox keeps cutting my Audio input and output out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps cutting my Audio input and output out: My microphone keeps cutting out at random times when ever I’m doing anything I’ve tried it on both my controllers and it still did it when I plugged it into anything else it worked fine so i think...
  3. Controller/audio issue. New controller stopped outputting audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller/audio issue. New controller stopped outputting audio: I bought a new controller 3 days ago, and it was working fine at first. Now I cant hear anything through it including game audios and party, but others can hear me talking fine. My headset is not...
  4. Audio optical output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio optical output: Currently having an issue connecting to my soundbar through optical output or audio cord. I have a Bluetooth transmitter with optical cord. The Bluetooth is connected to the speaker and when...
  5. Xbox s dose not have audio output on TV and shows muted mic icon.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox s dose not have audio output on TV and shows muted mic icon.: Xbox s dose not have audio output on TV and shows muted mic icon. Although if connect headset on controller it give audio on headset.Have done every possible troubleshoot but no luck and even...
  6. Audio output to home audio receivers

in XboX Insiders
    Audio output to home audio receivers: Will xbox one and series x finally get a patch to fix known issues with audio output to home av receivers. The largest issue is the dropped audio. The xbox for some unknown reason stops sending...
  7. X1 X audio output settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1 X audio output settings: Hello, I have a problem I can't solve by myself. I have Xbox one X, Samsung TV (Q60 series), and recently I have bought a Samsung soundbar (Q60 series). Based on the specification soundbar has...
  8. Audio output to two destinations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio output to two destinations: Hello I have an Xbox One X which is connected to a BenQ projector by HDMI, via a Sky sound bar. So the HDMI goes to the sound bar and then another HDMI goes from the sound bar to projector. All...
  9. Audio bug across anything that outputs 5.1 or higher

in XboX Insiders
    Audio bug across anything that outputs 5.1 or higher: I’ve noticed since the most recent update that all audio on my Xbox One X, particularly from streaming apps, is significantly reduced. Did some research and figured out that this is because that...
  10. Suddenly I'm Getting No Audio Output Whatsoever

in XboX Insiders
    Suddenly I'm Getting No Audio Output Whatsoever: I turned on my console today (Xbox One X) and i noticed there was no sound. I restarted my Xbox to no avail. I then restarted my soundbar (Samsung N950), but no luck. I restarted my TV as well (LG...