Xbox One S audio output volume control

Discus and support Xbox One S audio output volume control in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, can I control the audio output volume of the Xbox One S with the Media Remote? I don't want to control my TV's volume through OneGuide, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZoltánBalázs2, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Xbox One S audio output volume control

Hello, can I control the audio output volume of the Xbox One S with the Media Remote? I don't want to control my TV's volume through OneGuide, but the Xbox's audio output itself (an old amplifier is connected to it without any remote option).

:)

ZoltánBalázs2, Sep 4, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi ZoltánBalázs2,

That is still not possible because volume control is only specific to the audio output device (speakers). You control volume only through the TV or any external audio device with speakers. The only exception to this would be volume control for headsets that
    don't have the volume control built in. In this case if you plug in a headset to the Xbox One controller via the 3.5mm jack, then volume is controlled by a slider found in the Xbox Accessories app when looking at the controller's settings.

In conclusion, the Xbox One console is not responsible for the volume of the audio output as that is handled by the audio output device itself. The Xbox One just processes the audio formats to whatever you have set it to in the Audio output settings and
    then the audio travels to your audio output device, which is what has the volume control. Therefore, as far as volume control goes, the Xbox One Media Remote is only able to control the volume on your TV that you have set up with your Xbox One under the TV
    & OneGuide settings and then in "Device Control".

As mentioned previously, please refer back to that support article on what the remote is used for.
  3. ZoltánBalázs2 Win User

Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my problem. There's no TV or remote-controlled amplifier in the system, that's why I would need to control the volume of the optical audio output of my Xbox One S. I'm sure it's technically (on hardware-side) possible,
    because I can adjust its volume in Spotify through my mobile's or PC's Spotify application.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi ZoltánBalázs2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Unfortunately the Xbox One Media Remote does not connect to audio receivers or any other audio device. The remote connects directly to the Xbox and can also control TV volume after setting up your TV in the Xbox settings.

I recommend reading over the support article titled, "About the Xbox One Media Remote" for all of the information you need regarding that
    remote. I hope this helps!
  5. DexHowl Win User

Cannot hear audio when headphones connected to my Xbox one controller

So a few things, Being that you are talking about connecting to the controller I'm assuming these are wired headphones. When you wire directly to the controller you'll find that there is a volume setting that appears in the System tab of the guide. You'll
    want to confirm that the volume is not set all the way to one side as this could mean you would hear party but not game audio.

Also in settings under Display and Sound, you should notice there's few options for Audio Output and another for Volume, Under volume you want me make sure it's not set to "Mute All" - Also
    Under Audio Output you want to make sure that you are using a format that is compatible with the headphones you are using. If it's set to Windows Sonic for example and your headphones don't support that you want to change it to Stereo.

Audio Settings - Xbox Support Article
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Using SPDIF and HDMI Simultaneously

[quote user="Atropos0"]Is there any way to output audio through SPDIF while using HDMI?[/quote]Audio is present across all outputs at all times. There's no user control over which output is active. If you don't want to hear the audio over your monitor, mute
    the monitor or turn the volume down.[quote user="FALCONFLYBOY"]what is a spdif cable and how does it enhance the sound[/quote]S/PDIF stands for Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format. It's one acronym used to describe the standard for Dolby Digital, DTS,
    or stereo over an optical or coaxial cable.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S audio output volume control - Similar Threads - audio output volume

2. Audio Output on Xbox One Controller Stopped Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Output on Xbox One Controller Stopped Working: After about 9 months of use, the audio output to headphones on one on my xbox one controllers stopped working. The headphones work fine on my other controllers. The controller is up to date. Any...
  3. Xbox One S has no audio output via output jack on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no audio output via output jack on controller: I have four controllers and none of them work with three different headsets. All three headsets work perfectly when plugged into anything other than the controller. All three headset have worked...
  4. What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?: As xbox do not support usb audio output, I can only turn to optical audio. But the DAC I have can only decode 44khz accuratly. So I wanna know the sampling rate of Xbox....
  5. Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works: My brother's Xbox one S (Bought new last April) has stopped working. The audio output to headsets doesn't work and Microsoft support pages have gotten us nowhere. We have restarted the console...
  6. Xbox headset not outputting audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not outputting audio: So I just bought a LVL 1 Chat Headset but when I plug it in my controller, I couldn't hear anything. I started a party to check if the mic works. Turn out it works. I tried looking at videos but...
  7. Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo: I got my One S hooked up to Marantz AV-receiver with Atmos support. If I set audio output to HDMI, bitstream, and Atmos the sound works as it's supposed to. Problem is, every now and then Xbox...
  8. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  9. My new headset wont output audio where I want

in XBoX Accessibility
    My new headset wont output audio where I want: my new turtlebeach recon headset with a stereo audio adapter has all game sound running through it and I cant find any settings to make it so I can use it just to talk and leave gamesound for the...
  10. Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through: Hi, I think it's about time an option was added to the Bitsream format drop-down menu in the Audio output settings, to allow pass-through of audio instead of having to select between DTS Digital...