Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller!

Discus and support Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I purchased an Xbox One S bundle yesterday and plugging a 3.5mm jack into the controller works and the audio output is solid. However, the mic... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PhilipJohnson7, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller!

Hi all,

I purchased an Xbox One S bundle yesterday and plugging a 3.5mm jack into the controller works and the audio output is solid. However, the mic does not work. It says it is connected, but simply does not activate. Pressing the volume buttons on my earbuds
    makes a noise and seems to activate the mic, which is weird. I have tried an adapter, with no success. Any solutions? I have also tried unplugging and replugging the earbuds several times, ensured that the rings are compatible for a microphone, etc. They are
    Bose SoundSport wired earbuds for Apple and I got them around a month ago.

:)

PhilipJohnson7, Aug 27, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

3. ArminatorX Win User

What adapter did you try without success?

Be aware that there are two standards for 3.5 mm headset jacks called OMTP and CTIA. With both standards, the microphone and ground pin connectors are reversed.

Which means, if your Bose headset has an OMTP standard jack, the headset is sending microphone signals to the controller's ground, while the controller is "listening" for the microphone on the headset's ground pin.

If the headset actually works on your smartphone for example, then simply get an OMTP to CTIA adapter cable. Since only two wires get crossed over, these adapters should be dirt cheap. If the store is asking for a higher price than a coffee-to-go for such
    an adapter, you are being ripped off. Also, since crossing the ground and microphone pin works both ways, you can also get a CTIA to OMTP adapter, as both are the same thing.
  4. EDKILL13 Win User

Pretty sure its something to do with the apple headphones... they are wired different compared to normal ones..
  5. Yombi GS Win User

Ear Buds for Xbox

Earbuds do work with the newer version of Xbox controllers. (S controllers)
  6. Robert Locker Win User

MIC WONT LET ME SPEAK BUT CAN HEAR

Both mics are xbox official headsets and controllers, one of the controllers is a day one edition but just bought another brand new official xbox controller to see if that was the problem. The Mic just randomly stopped working one evening. And yes the
    mic symbol is shown in the top right hand corner with no line through it
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller! - Similar Threads - Brand earbuds mic

2. My brand new Elite Series 2 Controller won't charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Elite Series 2 Controller won't charge: When I try to connect my controller to either the supplied elite series 2 charging dock or by directly connecting the supplied charging cable to the controller the charging LED indicator lights up...
  3. Brand New Xbox One S won't let me add my first account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox One S won't let me add my first account: Hello Xbox Support. Recently, I received a new Xbox One S as a gift, and have come into an issue. After the initial startup, instead of asking me to sign in with my first account during the...
  4. Brand New Elite Controller Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Elite Controller Problems: Whenever I press A to type, sometimes two letters will be typed instead of one; ex. "bb" instead of just "b" The A button itself is also pushed in and not raised like the other face buttons. I...
  5. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs: Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the troubleshooting (for the bluray app and the XBOX...
  6. Unable to play backward's compatable games on 360 with a brand new hdd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play backward's compatable games on 360 with a brand new hdd: I recently bought an HDD for my XBOX 360 slim. It arrived today. I installed this using the method mentioned on this site as well as multiple hundreds of YouTube videos. Really, it isn't rocket...
  7. My brand new Xbox won’t let me add a new account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox won’t let me add a new account: Every time I click to “+ Add new” to sign into my account it buffers at a grey screen twice and then does nothing. I have done about 3 different factory restarts and every time it comes to the...
  8. Brand new game on brand new Xbox One X, says corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new game on brand new Xbox One X, says corrupted: Hello. Hopefully somebody can help me here. I bought my son a brand new Xbox One X for Christmas along with Forza Horizon 4 and FIFA 20. (Both brand new and sealed.) Forza installed, updated...
  9. Brand New Xbox One X Deleted ALL OF MY GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand New Xbox One X Deleted ALL OF MY GAMES: I just bought this XBox 2 two weeks ago. And this morning I get ready to play a game I've been into for a while only find all of my games are uninstalled. I've looked online and there hasnt been...
  10. Brand New XBox Won’t Stay On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New XBox Won’t Stay On: We tried to set up our brand new xbox One S we received for Christmas but when we plug it in and turn on the power button after about 2 seconds it turns off so we are unable to set it up....