Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller!

Discus and support Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I purchased an Xbox One S bundle yesterday and plugging a 3.5mm jack into the controller works and the audio output is solid. However, the mic... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PhilipJohnson7, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller!

Hi all,

I purchased an Xbox One S bundle yesterday and plugging a 3.5mm jack into the controller works and the audio output is solid. However, the mic does not work. It says it is connected, but simply does not activate. Pressing the volume buttons on my earbuds
    makes a noise and seems to activate the mic, which is weird. I have tried an adapter, with no success. Any solutions? I have also tried unplugging and replugging the earbuds several times, ensured that the rings are compatible for a microphone, etc. They are
    Bose SoundSport wired earbuds for Apple and I got them around a month ago.

:)

PhilipJohnson7, Aug 27, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

3. ArminatorX Win User

What adapter did you try without success?

Be aware that there are two standards for 3.5 mm headset jacks called OMTP and CTIA. With both standards, the microphone and ground pin connectors are reversed.

Which means, if your Bose headset has an OMTP standard jack, the headset is sending microphone signals to the controller's ground, while the controller is "listening" for the microphone on the headset's ground pin.

If the headset actually works on your smartphone for example, then simply get an OMTP to CTIA adapter cable. Since only two wires get crossed over, these adapters should be dirt cheap. If the store is asking for a higher price than a coffee-to-go for such
    an adapter, you are being ripped off. Also, since crossing the ground and microphone pin works both ways, you can also get a CTIA to OMTP adapter, as both are the same thing.
  4. EDKILL13 Win User

Pretty sure its something to do with the apple headphones... they are wired different compared to normal ones..
  5. ThaKracker01 Win User

Xbox One Not Recognizing CloudX Stinger Core Headset

I bought a brand new xbox one-s controller so that it would have the 3.5mm input for a mic so that I could talk to my friends. I then bought the xbox one CloudX Stinger Core headset. When I plug the headset into the controller, I get no audio and the mic
    isn't recognized. When I go to the xbox controller options, the "Volume" option is greyed out. When I try to start a party, it says "We can't find a microphone for these people".

I have tried updating the controller with the mic plugged in, but as it is a brand new controller, there wasn't an update available. I have also tried restarting the xbox/controller and unplugging the mic, but it still isn't being recognized as plugged
    in. I have plugged the mic into my computer and it gets both audio and hears my voice, so I do not believe it is the headset.

I am very frustrated that a brand new controller and brand new headset that I only got because it is Xbox licensed is not working. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sounds to me it could possibly be your 3.5mm jack inside your controller. I just had to replace mine. Hope this helps.
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

Earbuds

If your earbuds come with a mic it should work, you need to update your controller with the adapter and the headset plugged in first to get it to work though
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller! - Similar Threads - Brand earbuds mic

2. brand new xbox one s wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new xbox one s wont turn on: I JUST bought a brand new xbox one s, everything is hooked up right, the TV is is on the right channel, it still wont turn on, I've tried everything xbox has on the support page but its brand new...
  3. Halo 5 will not leave initial launch screen on brand new console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 will not leave initial launch screen on brand new console.: Recently purchased an xbox one x as well as gamepass to play Halo 5. Unfortunately, I can't even get into any of the menus. When pressing play, the game opens to the initial Halo 5 launch screen,...
  4. Brand new Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One: I recently had a return my Xbox One to GameStop. I did have the original controller so when he exchanged for a new Xbox he took the controller when I try to set it up my controllers don't work...
  5. brand new xbox failing to update on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new xbox failing to update on startup: error code 0x8b10000b 0x00000000 0x00000204 source os: 10.0.17133.2022 target os: 10.0.18362.6065 when i check network connection it confirms that something is wrong with the servers and not...
  6. Brand New Xbox One All Digital Will Not Updated in Start Up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox One All Digital Will Not Updated in Start Up: So I just plugged in my brand new all digital xbox. It connected to my wifi perfectly, but it will not update and I keep getting an error that says, "There was a problem with the update You...
  7. brand new Wireless Adapter for W10 not working

in XBoX on Windows
    brand new Wireless Adapter for W10 not working: Hi, I have just purchased a Controller + Wireless Adapter for W10 kit. I have been trying to install it on my computer but i am not able to link controller to adapter. Adapter is well detected...
  8. Can xbox be part of branding and promotion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can xbox be part of branding and promotion: Hi Team, i need some info related to Microsoft Xbox branding and promotion. We are organising one of the biggest event in goa, India during December 2019. We are targeting 5 lakh+ in the...
  9. Why does the Xbox One S heat up like a BBQ when they are Brand New or Old Consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the Xbox One S heat up like a BBQ when they are Brand New or Old Consoles?: Why is every brand new Xbox One I buy really really warm when I touch it just after a few moments that it was turned on? I mean you can cook Burgers on this console if you wanted to....
  10. Brand New Xbox Controller (3 Days) Stuck Continuously Scrolling Right

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Controller (3 Days) Stuck Continuously Scrolling Right: So I got this new xbox controller from The Source three days ago and I woke up, got on xbox and my controller is stuck continuously scrolling right. I inspected the controller, the right bumper is...