Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

Discus and support Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have purchased an xbox one s, but is it possible to add an external cd drive so my son can play his old games still? If not, any other solutions........ Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KateMay1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. KateMay1
    KateMay1 Guest

I have purchased an xbox one s, but is it possible to add an external cd drive so my son can play his old games still? If not, any other solutions..... many thanks

:)

KateMay1, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

The all digital xbox one s does not support external disk drives currently
  3. Exoterror Win User

Hi,

Information regarding how to play backwards compatible games on Xbox One can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility/play-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one.

Did you mean that you have an Xbox One S all-digital edition? If so, then the answer is unfortunately no, and you can only play digital versions of the backwards compatible games. If you have an Xbox One S with a disc drive then you can simply pop the disc
    into the console.

I hope this helps,

4. SoullessCodith Win User

5. Daft Badger Win User

I take it you have bought the xbox one s digital version?

If so as far as I know a external disc drive wont work on it i'm afraid.

The only way for your son to play his games would be to buy the digital versions of them.
  6. Spazpol Win User

My Console Is Out Of Storage Space

My Xbox One S is a 500GB Hard Drive Is Out of Storage Space I Need Help Please.
    you can either delete content, or you can use an external USB hard drive to get additional storage. I personally have a 3TB external drive to avoid this issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive - Similar Threads - add external drive

2. How to add 2 controllers in x box one s to play FIFA soccer 20

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to add 2 controllers in x box one s to play FIFA soccer 20: My son and I are new to xbox and gaming. Would like to play fifa soccer 20with 2 controllers. How to add 2 controllers in x box one s to play FIFA soccer 20. please help...
  3. Xbox Companion App (PC) - Game installed on external hard-drive how to add

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App (PC) - Game installed on external hard-drive how to add: I installed a game on an external hard drive and am trying to figure out how to play it now through the xbox companion on PC. I don't know how to do this so if anyone knows please let me know. Its...
  4. Add option for external drive filter in manage games

in XboX Insiders
    Add option for external drive filter in manage games: If you have more than one external drive as I do, and have one for main storage and one set up for games that are played frequently as well, then the default storage is always the main drive. I...
  5. Add External Drive to your XBOX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add External Drive to your XBOX: What external drive would you add to your Xbox ? What Brand ? How big would the extra storage be ? 1e543c6e-f18f-4745-8a04-9b166705f5ca
  6. should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD: can you add a part where you can copy/move captures from internal HDD to an external media HDD. 980d45b4-5962-493c-9ab7-97446a0ecf76
  7. How can I host Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Server so friends can join via "Add External ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I host Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Server so friends can join via "Add External ...: Hi folks, New to Minecraft server hosting here. I am using the newly updated version 1.0 of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. How can I host a Minecraft server so that friends can join via the...
  8. 7.1 headsets which are best? also can you add an external sound card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    7.1 headsets which are best? also can you add an external sound card?: can you connect an external sound card like the sennhieser gsx 1000 to the Xbox s to get 7.1 if not is there a way to do it, also I'm looking for headsets that are compatible and give 7.1 if the...
  9. Issues with moving Games/Add-On to External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with moving Games/Add-On to External Storage: I have been moving games and/or add-on from Internal to External Storage successfully several times. I tried to do the same thing tonight since my Internal Storage space is getting low. For some...
  10. Xbox One needs the ability to add an external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One needs the ability to add an external hard drive.: Along with a long list of things that you can't do is add extra storage on Xbox One. With game storage requirements getting larger we now require the ability to add more storage. I'm sure I am not...