XBox One S Change passworrd on Console/Controller

Discus and support XBox One S Change passworrd on Console/Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My account has been hacked. I've removed my personal information, changed passswords/emails on Both Microsoft and Xbox accounts, made a new passcode,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxDINKYxx, Jun 20, 2019.

1. xxDINKYxx
    xxDINKYxx Guest

My account has been hacked.

I've removed my personal information, changed passswords/emails on Both Microsoft and Xbox accounts, made a new passcode, put console on Lock Down.

How do I change settings to only accept as passcode.

At the moment you can sign into console using old password, how to I reset this password?

:)

xxDINKYxx, Jun 20, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

when an account is compromised please follow the steps on this trouble shooting page:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/compromised-account-solution

Changing the password on the Microsoft Account (is the base for the Xbox Live Account) should result in the password being required on any console, except the Xbox 360, to clear any passwords on the 360 use the steps here:

To remove your profile from any Xbox 360 console:

1. Sign in to your account on
      xbox.com
      and select Manage Devices.
    2. Select Xbox 360 Profile Protection.
    3. Select Require Profile Download.

After that all should be fine and requiring the password to continue using the account.

Let us know the results
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

If you change password at HTTPS://account.microsoft.com and sign out of the Xbox console and then try signing back in, you will be asked for a password. I would also recommend
    setting up two step verification and downloading the free verification app to your phone.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Are xbox one controllers the same as xbox one s controllers?

You can use a regular Xbox One controller on an Xbox One S console, and you can use an Xbox One S controller on a regular Xbox One console.

All controllers connect to the Xbox console the same way, via proprietary RF.

If you are confused because of the addition of Bluetooth in the Xbox One S, just know that Bluetooth is only built into the Xbox One S controller (there is actually no bluetooth functionality in the Xbox One S console itself). The Bluetooth in the controller
    is just a secondary method of wireless connectivity designed solely for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth (without the need of a
    USB adapter). It connects to the Xbox One/One S the same way as the original controllers do.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S controller on the Xbox One?

Yes, absolutely.

In case there's confusion, the Bluetooth part in the controller is only for connecting it to a Windows PC. Bluetooth is not used on the Xbox One S, as the console does not actually have a Bluetooth chip.

The Xbox One S controller still connects to the console with the same wireless protocol as any standard Xbox One controller.

It even works vice versa! You can also connect a regular Xbox One controller to an Xbox One S.
Thema:

1. XBox One S Change passworrd on Console/Controller - Similar Threads - Change passworrd Console

2. Change email account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email account: I need chnage my email account @hotmail for another @hotmail, but in the options I see only @outlook.com or @outlook.com.br ba05cb72-5884-4733-b668-7826c0fbff2d
  3. Blair Witch glitch: Can not change channel on walkie talkie to channel 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blair Witch glitch: Can not change channel on walkie talkie to channel 2.: I have repeatedly tried pressing the dpad to no avail!! I Really want to play this game. Please can anyone help me get unstuck?????PLEASE....... 86e54e28-bd1f-4495-8220-a242625ee023
  4. I changed my background pic on my xbox home screen from my phone. Now I cant chang it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my background pic on my xbox home screen from my phone. Now I cant chang it to...: Cant change my pic on my xbox home background to another pic from my phone. db478e49-bed3-43af-af59-4c1c4e8424c2
  5. Not Able to Change Xbox Live Account on Minecraft Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Not Able to Change Xbox Live Account on Minecraft Windows 10: I'm not sure the best way to explain this, but I'll try. :) My son plays MInecraft. Used to be just PE on phones and tablets, but he now also has both Java edition and Windows 10 edition...
  6. Alterar conta de adulto para conta criança (Change adult account for child account)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alterar conta de adulto para conta criança (Change adult account for child account): Ola, por favor poderiam informar como proceder para alterar uma conta de adulto para perfil de criança? Acabei de me incluir como adulto no grupo da familia, mas preciso classificar os outros...
  7. Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: My previous thread was locked but not answered... https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/xbox/forum/all/changed-region-by-mistake-360-region-on-xbox/bda9d818-bb09-4a32-a5bc-830d67e76dc8 I was able...
  8. Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: Hi, I wanted to change region for Canada, and I changed by mistake to brazil. I don't live in Brazil and I don't speak the language. I'd like to either rollback to my former country, or change...
  9. Changed Password on XBOX Live Cannot Login on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Password on XBOX Live Cannot Login on Xbox One: Hi I changed my password on my Microsoft account and when I go to log into the Xbox one all I get is a green circle on the "Who are you ?" login page. Have tried hard reset and still doesn't work....
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Pre-Order Shipping Address Can't Be Changed?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Elite Controller Pre-Order Shipping Address Can't Be Changed?: After over an hour of attempting to get my Xbox Elite controller pre-order's shipping address changed, Braeden at Microsoft has informed me of some pretty absurd things. - Microsoft Store...