XBox One S Change passworrd on Console/Controller

Discus and support XBox One S Change passworrd on Console/Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My account has been hacked. I've removed my personal information, changed passswords/emails on Both Microsoft and Xbox accounts, made a new passcode,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxDINKYxx, Jun 20, 2019.

1. xxDINKYxx
    xxDINKYxx Guest

My account has been hacked.

I've removed my personal information, changed passswords/emails on Both Microsoft and Xbox accounts, made a new passcode, put console on Lock Down.

How do I change settings to only accept as passcode.

At the moment you can sign into console using old password, how to I reset this password?

:)

xxDINKYxx, Jun 20, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

when an account is compromised please follow the steps on this trouble shooting page:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/compromised-account-solution

Changing the password on the Microsoft Account (is the base for the Xbox Live Account) should result in the password being required on any console, except the Xbox 360, to clear any passwords on the 360 use the steps here:

To remove your profile from any Xbox 360 console:

1. Sign in to your account on
      xbox.com
      and select Manage Devices.
    2. Select Xbox 360 Profile Protection.
    3. Select Require Profile Download.

After that all should be fine and requiring the password to continue using the account.

Let us know the results
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

If you change password at HTTPS://account.microsoft.com and sign out of the Xbox console and then try signing back in, you will be asked for a password. I would also recommend
    setting up two step verification and downloading the free verification app to your phone.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Are xbox one controllers the same as xbox one s controllers?

You can use a regular Xbox One controller on an Xbox One S console, and you can use an Xbox One S controller on a regular Xbox One console.

All controllers connect to the Xbox console the same way, via proprietary RF.

If you are confused because of the addition of Bluetooth in the Xbox One S, just know that Bluetooth is only built into the Xbox One S controller (there is actually no bluetooth functionality in the Xbox One S console itself). The Bluetooth in the controller
    is just a secondary method of wireless connectivity designed solely for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth (without the need of a
    USB adapter). It connects to the Xbox One/One S the same way as the original controllers do.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  6. seattle sunset Win User

Windows Live ID ERROR

It isn't BUT I don't get the chance to put my new one in, because when you go to change the WLID, it asks for your current password (for the current ID) and when i put it in, it says invalid (so i don't get promoted to use my new email). But obviously the
    passworrd is correct, as I'm on xbox.com with the account :p
Thema:

1. XBox One S Change passworrd on Console/Controller - Similar Threads - Change passworrd Console

2. Unable to change profile picture on Xbox One.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to change profile picture on Xbox One.: I use my PC for most of my gaming, and I've always had issues with changing my DP. But now I simply can't, it won't let me period. Now mind you, I've even went into many different apps and even...
  3. Cambio parziale del gamertag Xbox [Mod Translation - Partial change of the Xbox gamertag]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cambio parziale del gamertag Xbox [Mod Translation - Partial change of the Xbox gamertag]: Nel mio account xbox dopo il gamertag è visualizzato un #1003 e vorrei toglierlo. Si può? [Mod Translation - In my xbox account a # 1003 is displayed after the gamertag and I would like to...
  4. Ps4 minecraft change Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ps4 minecraft change Microsoft account: So I was kind of an idiot and created a new Microsoft account to use for minecraft and later realized I already had a Microsoft account from when I had a xbox. So I signed out and tried to sign...
  5. How to change nat type

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change nat type: Hello i want to change my nat type from moderated to open i have tried one time but it din t work help 4a81b9ac-1c42-447d-a6f4-2feaa982e738
  6. Changing gamer tag and custom gamer pic

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamer tag and custom gamer pic: So today I downloaded the Xbox app to change my gamertag and gamerpic. It said my account needed to be an adult to choose a custom picture and the “change gamertag” option wouldn’t appear when I...
  7. Changing the email for Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing the email for Xbox account: So i have a main Xbox account that is linked with an email that I don't use, is it possible to change the email of that account with my every day email address. c01d13bd-be5c-46fa-a359-70a5b8b32155
  8. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change: So i went to change my gamertag since i heard it was free and i changed it but sadly i couldn't get the gamertag i wanted it said it wasnt allowed the gamertag was LaffinCoffin i dont understand...
  9. Gears 5 MS please changes the studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 MS please changes the studio: Please changes the Studio for this Game the team is incompetent and RUINS this nice Game. Please please do what before is to late, I never buy games from this studio again. Change the Studio...
  10. Change of email account on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change of email account on Xbox: Hi, my husband set up a xbox account on his email but didnt realise it was so closely linked to the xbox in terms of passwords. How do i remove his email and add a new email without losing my sos...