Xbox One S - connectivity issues and console turning off unexpectedly

Discus and support Xbox One S - connectivity issues and console turning off unexpectedly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My kids received this console last Christmas, so it is only 9 months old. It is used on a Samsung LED TV - 55". We never had a problem with the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Al Ricotta, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Al Ricotta
    Al Ricotta Guest

My kids received this console last Christmas, so it is only 9 months old. It is used on a Samsung LED TV - 55". We never had a problem with the console but a couple of weeks ago my kids mentioned that they couldn't play on the Xbox because the TV wasn't
    detecting the signal. The unit is connected to power and the HDMI cables are fully inserted in both the console and the TV. It is in the HDMI2 port - however, when i hit source on the TV remote, the HDMI2 option is not available to select. It isn't the port
    itself because I have swapped it with the HDMI cable from the cable box and it works for the TV cable.

I have tried the console reset described on the support page but that didn't fix the problem. The other issue is that the console turns on but then turns off after 30-60 seconds for no reason. There seems to be a real issue with the console but I don't know
    how to fix it and it seems impossible to reach anyone at Microsoft. The online chat support doesn't help at all. Please help!

:)

Al Ricotta, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Mister Cazador Win User

Xbox One S power failure

Hi there erivez, thanks for reaching out.

To double-check, is your Xbox One S console connected to a wall outlet or power strip? If your

Xbox One S console is powering off unexpectedly
    , please try those steps to see if they can help to resolve the issue you're experiencing.
  3. Mister Cazador Win User

External Hard Drive Turning Xbox One X off

Hey there, XxSniperFirezxX.

Are you still experiencing this issue? We have a walkthrough guide to try if your Xbox One console is unexpectedly powering off that may be able to
    help out with this issue you're experiencing.

To clarify, this is only occurring with your external HD connected to your Xbox One S and X consoles?
  4. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Xbox One S unexpectedly shutting off

Hi Jose0330 -

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox One S! Let's have you go through the troubleshooting article outlining

Xbox One unexpectedly turning off
    if you haven't already.

Let us know how it goes!
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox One S will not boot up.

Hi there Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox One S not booting up. I recommend to try the following article: Troubleshoot
    Xbox One unexpectedly turning off

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

My xbox one s fan won't spin

Hello Jaden,

We understand that you're experiencing a power issue concerning your Xbox One S console that you mentioned turns off after about 5 seconds.

It is our suggestion to follow our troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off support article for direct assistance
    with this issue.

Try following this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - connectivity issues and console turning off unexpectedly - Similar Threads - connectivity issues console

2. Having Audio Issues on 2 consoles connected to the same account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having Audio Issues on 2 consoles connected to the same account.: I have an Xbox One X and an Xbox One. Both consoles are connected to the same account. My son plays on the Xbox One and I play on the Xbox one x. Just yesterday my headset was working perfectly on...
  3. Problemas con la conectividad de la consola a la red [Network Console connectivity Issues]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problemas con la conectividad de la consola a la red [Network Console connectivity Issues]: Al intentar iniciar sesión me aparrce que no estoy cobectado a ninguna red , voy a configuración y reviso mi red ay si me aparece coml conetado la consola regreso a iniciar sesión y me vuelve...
  4. Xbox One X Connection/Live/Account Issues with Two New Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Connection/Live/Account Issues with Two New Consoles: I received my first new Xbox One X and completed set up without a single issue. During use of the Xbox in the first couple days, I was having issues with my Xbox not automatically signing me in...
  5. Linksys: Can't connect 360 to internet, issue in actual xbox console

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Linksys: Can't connect 360 to internet, issue in actual xbox console: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): Can't connect 360 to internet, issue in actual xbox console My internet provider is telling my modem is connecting to the xbox 360 console, or detecting the connect, but...
  6. Xbox Live Gold Subscription/connectivity issues on my console only

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold Subscription/connectivity issues on my console only: Issue was resolved - multiple accounts were set as home xbox, 586433b5-05dc-447a-b1ab-7c385617db8b
  7. Xbox One S Wireless Connectivity Issue with Console and Wireless Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Wireless Connectivity Issue with Console and Wireless Controllers: No connection/pairing amid console and controller. The system was working fine for a few months until I place a DVD in the console and got “twilight zone” fussiness on my Smart TV screen. I...
  8. Console connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console connection issues: Someone.please help me fix this issue. My console disconnects my controller and me from the internet. It also sometimes signs me out. Someone please help. Thanks in advance....
  9. connection to store issues on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    connection to store issues on console: Xbox store won't let me make purchases won't connect to the store. Did a detailed network test and it says all good but still won't work. Xbox can't even do a factory reset bc of "Connection"...
  10. I have an issue with my controllers, they won't connect to my consol. All they do is blink and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an issue with my controllers, they won't connect to my consol. All they do is blink and ...: my controller when I turn it on all it does is it keeps blinking until it turns off. It won't connecting wirelessly to the consol. I've tried everything I know and nothing is working. Please...