Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working

Discus and support Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just got a Xbox One S Controller, but the home button differs alot from my old classic. Theres no resistence in the home button, and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike JezZ, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Mike JezZ
    Mike JezZ Guest

Hi guys,

I just got a Xbox One S Controller, but the home button differs alot from my old classic. Theres no resistence in the home button, and it doesn't always register two clicks. Instead, it only registers one, and minimizes the game instead.

Has the Home button been changed like that on purpose on Xbox One S controller, or is my new controller defect? Of course I think the last, but I just wanted to make sure.

:)

Mike JezZ, Dec 7, 2016
  2. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    How is your Elite Controller holding up?

There is the light clicking but the home button issue must be a defect as my home button works flawlessly.

vgdelta, Dec 7, 2016
  3. HairyBizRat
    HairyBizRat Guest
    How is your Elite Controller holding up?

HairyBizRat, Dec 7, 2016
  4. Hey Papi
    Hey Papi Guest

I have had the same issue with the new design of the controller not registering proper clicks but I think its just a design flaw because it does work just have to make sure you are properly clicking the controller button. I have noticed that the new design
    has the xbox home button flush with the controller face so it's not as easy to click the button to the point that the controller registers the action to the console. It takes some getting use to IMO. The initial design of the controller has the xbox home button
    slightly lifted from the face plate of the controller making it easier to feel and get proper textured feedback when pressed down. Though I'm not sure if the new design has anything different about the depth and pressure needed to press before xbox home button
    registers but that can be part of the issue as well.

Hey Papi, Dec 7, 2016
  5. Mike JezZ
    Mike JezZ Guest
    Well my Home button is not lifted, but below the design, so sounds like a flaw.

Mike JezZ, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Mike JezZ Win User

Well my Home button is not lifted, but below the design, so sounds like a flaw.
  7. Hey Papi Win User

I have had the same issue with the new design of the controller not registering proper clicks but I think its just a design flaw because it does work just have to make sure you are properly clicking the controller button. I have noticed that the new design
    has the xbox home button flush with the controller face so it's not as easy to click the button to the point that the controller registers the action to the console. It takes some getting use to IMO. The initial design of the controller has the xbox home button
    slightly lifted from the face plate of the controller making it easier to feel and get proper textured feedback when pressed down. Though I'm not sure if the new design has anything different about the depth and pressure needed to press before xbox home button
    registers but that can be part of the issue as well.
  8. Kher Bear Win User

xbox one controller will not sync

You might have to re-sync the controller to the Xbox. Press the little button on the top of your controller until the home button flashes quickly then press the little button on the front of your Xbox one s or x or press the button next to the CD drive
    on the Xbox one
  9. wwkingms Win User

xbox controller home button issue wont resolve

OK strange new development/observation

it appears if i plug the controller into the xbox via usb, than still the home button doesn't work, HOWEVER if i remove the batteries making the controller dependent on the xbox for power then the HOME BUTTON WORKS IMMEDIATELY! while plugged into the xbox
    with a working home button if i put the batteries back into the controller, without hitting anything, the home button stops working again.

and remember the controller will turn the xbox on via home button even while not connected by USB...

what in the world is up with this controller?!
  10. {Parity} Win User

Xbox one controller home button not working

Adding to what NewBlacksmurf said, have you made sure that your console and controllers are up to date?
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working - Similar Threads - Controller Home Button

2. Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller?: This happened 3 times on a Series X playing AC: Odyssey while listening to Spotify in the background. The audio from Spotify simply stops and the Xbox button on the controller does not respond....
  3. Xbox one s controller home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s controller home button not working: Controller home button suddenly stopped working. I have 2 battery packs and I know it is charged because I have another controller that works with the battery packs. But the controller does work...
  4. Remote Play, Xbox Button on Controller opening GamePass App or Android Home Screen

in XBoX on Mobile
    Remote Play, Xbox Button on Controller opening GamePass App or Android Home Screen: Here recently ive been battling with remote play, anywhere from it not connecting at all to the analogs and d-pad not working because I guess I needed to disable some accessibility settings? (...
  5. Xbox One Controller home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller home button not working: I have an Xbox One controller that isn't working. It is fully charged and the batteries are connected fine. The issue is it will not turn on unless it is connected to the xbox via a USB Cable....
  6. My Xbox Series Controller turns off if I let go of the home button on my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series Controller turns off if I let go of the home button on my controller: Hey guys so I have this problem with my controller ever since this morning, so what happen was that my controller keeps turning off when I let go of the home button on my controller, I tried...
  7. Controller Home Button Doesn't Work with Samsung Phones

in XBoX on Mobile
    Controller Home Button Doesn't Work with Samsung Phones: Mucho sucko when you are playing game pass or streaming your console remotely. Pushing the home button on the xbox controller crashes the app to the samsung home screen because samsung broke the...
  8. Controller Home button suddenly turned blue mid game and doesn t work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Home button suddenly turned blue mid game and doesn t work anymore: I bought a Series X last week and played on it with my Elite Series 2 Controller everyday. No problems at all. Yesterday, during a round of Apex Legends, the home button on the controller turned...
  9. Xbox One Controller Home Button Not Responding or working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Home Button Not Responding or working: For a while now my wireless controller home button just doesnt work when pressed so I cant even turn it on. I’ve been using a USB cable to turn it on with non-reusable batteries inside but now...
  10. Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device: Hi, I recently began using the streaming app to play on my phone. for the most part; works great. however, the home button of the controller connected to my phone has stopped working. I can...