Xbox One S crashes when opening games & boots up 50% of the time

Discus and support Xbox One S crashes when opening games & boots up 50% of the time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One S boots to the green Xbox screen and crashes, leaving a frozen pixelated screen. After a few hard resets, it boots up normally. When opening... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xbox1gamer, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Xbox1gamer
    Xbox1gamer Guest

Xbox One S boots to the green Xbox screen and crashes, leaving a frozen pixelated screen. After a few hard resets, it boots up normally. When opening any game (tried Fortnite, Ark, Sims, etc.), the game crashes after a few seconds and returns to the xbox
    home screen.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:

-Force closing apps and re-launching

-Restarting console

-Hard reset console

-Unplugging everything and restarting

-Tried wired, wireless, and no network connections

-Signing into different accounts

-Signing into no account

-Clearing game caches

-Uninstalling and reinstalling games

... and lastly, factory resetting xbox and reinstalling games. The problem persists.

I'm worried the hard drive is corrupted. The warranty expired 2 months ago and best buy wont touch it. Any thoughts/suggestions?

:)

Xbox1gamer, Jun 30, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

if there was an issue with the drive I would have expected issues when installing the games too.

But to rule that out, you can try and connect an external storage device and install/move a game onto that one and try and start the game to see what happens.

If you already have a external storage device connected, then be sure to try and see what happens when that drive isn't connected.

If the issue remains and happens again for both scenarios then it's highly likely the console is in need of a repair, see this link for the steps:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  3. qGSWp Mr T Bear Win User

Preparing Console

im also having this problem today my xbox one s has been getting stuck on the green screen of death and when it boots up the dash freezes all the time and my games have been crashing a lot so i have decided to factory reset it and now im stuck on 50% preparing
    console screen hour and a half i have been stuck on this screen
  4. I am gay n sad Win User

Preparing Console

im also having this problem today my xbox one s has been getting stuck on the green screen of death and when it boots up the dash freezes all the time and my games have been crashing a lot so i have decided to factory reset it and now im stuck on 50% preparing
    console screen hour and a half i have been stuck on this screen
    HAHAHAHAH sucks for you;( but i have the same problem:(
  5. WebN RaGnArOk Win User

Random Freezing After Aerial Recapture Patch

KI crashes all the time now. I played four matches tonight and EVERY one of them crashed. KI keeps freezing up and sometimes it doesn't even load when I relaunch it. I hard booted by Xbox One and it worked for all of five minutes and then crashed again.
    Thank goodness Destiny beta is coming soon. This is the pits.
  6. HellaBallin Win User

Trouble with party and snap.

Same. To boot, Skype crashes upon opening it.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S crashes when opening games & boots up 50% of the time - Similar Threads - crashes opening games

2. Xbox is Crashing for No Reason when I open the My Games & Apps section or Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is Crashing for No Reason when I open the My Games & Apps section or Store: Around 4 days ago, My Xbox started crashing out of nowhere when I opened My Games & Apps. It crashed to a black screen, and there was no way to get out of it. If I pressed Home, it wouldn't take...
  3. Experiencing constant crashing when opening any game

in XboX Insiders
    Experiencing constant crashing when opening any game: I’m currently having an issue where when I open any game it crashes without reason, I’m on omega ring playing on an Xbox one X 1TB version: 1787 and if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Crashing When Open

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Crashing When Open: When ever I open Xbox Game Bar It shows up for 3 Seconds then it closes. Thanks f9c96c86-2131-4a82-96d3-0d0f9fc7b336
  5. Xbox Crashes when I open a Game or App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Crashes when I open a Game or App: Ever since Sunday, everytime I open a game like FIFA or an app like YouTube, the Xbox would just crash. The app would freeze on the loading screen.I would turn it off and the Xbox Logo on the...
  6. Xbox beta games are crashing whenever I open them with internet

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox beta games are crashing whenever I open them with internet: Hey guys, so I am using the Xbox Beta and its working fine on my computer, but my gf also has it on her computer and for some reason, when she tries to login with internet Age of Empires crashes,...
  7. Console não abre jogos ou crasha quando os abre [Console does not open games or crashes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console não abre jogos ou crasha quando os abre [Console does not open games or crashes...: Olá! Eu tenho o Xbox One S, e tenho tido problemas com o console de travamentos no sistema/engasgos, além de jogos que não abrem ou quando abrem crasham em segundos. Eu abro qualquer jogo e...
  8. Xbox Game Bar instantly crashes when trying to open settings tab

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar instantly crashes when trying to open settings tab: Just like the title says, go to open settings so I can tell it what mic and speakers to use for chat so that maybe I could actually use an xbox live party and the program instantly crashes. Every....
  9. XONEX crashes, games/apps cant be opened or IF they open once in a while, DLCs are gone...

in XboX Insiders
    XONEX crashes, games/apps cant be opened or IF they open once in a while, DLCs are gone...: I should begin by saying that I am part of the Insiders program and receive alpha version firmware. Lately, my Xbox One X appears to be falling apart. I receive the same error code over and over...
  10. Xbox game pass games dont open, at all. Crash on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass games dont open, at all. Crash on startup: So i bougth the game pass subscription and tried installing some games: - astrooner - wargroove - forza none of them will open, when trying to start any game i get a window with the game...