Xbox One S Cutting to Black Then Turning Itself Off

Discus and support Xbox One S Cutting to Black Then Turning Itself Off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Started with last update 2-3 days ago (alpha ring.) Able to recreate at will in settings/storage, selecting my external hard drive and choosing... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/thelug_1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. /u/thelug_1
    /u/thelug_1 Guest

Started with last update 2-3 days ago (alpha ring.) Able to recreate at will in settings/storage, selecting my external hard drive and choosing transfer (wanted to look at games by size.) I have the little zippy circles on each title, but no sizes. After 30-45 seconds, the screen goes black and the xbox powers off.

I also tried it once by pressing B to go back into the settings menu. The xbox froze at the big settings icon (gear) on screen for about 30-45 seconds, then went to black and shut itself off.

I've tried to file through console hoping they can get info from crash reports or logs, but there will not be any video obviously as the console hard powers off.

submitted by /u/thelug_1
    [link] [comments]

/u/thelug_1, Aug 4, 2019
  2. AyeeJamesy Win User

Xbox One S won't start/stay on

If your Xbox One or Xbox One S keeps TURNING OFF, it is most likely due to OVERHEATING. Turn on the console – Scroll left from
    Home to open the guide – Select Settings – Select All Settings – Select Power – Select Turn off or restart. If you still have issues with the Xbox turning off by itself
  3. AyeeJamesy Win User

Why does my XBox One X shut off when I start a game?

If your Xbox One or Xbox One S keeps TURNING OFF, it is most likely due to OVERHEATING. Turn on the console – Scroll left from
    Home to open the guide – Select Settings – Select All Settings – Select Power – Select Turn off or restart. If you still have issues with the Xbox turning off by itself
  4. Hasnain952 Win User

Xbox one s turns of almostlh instanly after u turn on

i have same problem but my xbox one s turns off itself while playing game. its really making me angry! i had it repaired once but it still occurs!
  5. Zatomas Win User

Xbox One is turning itself off?

Hi ShanePorter1,

Have you checked if your Xbox overheats? Take a look here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

Hope this helps!
  6. Danny Callaghan Win User

Xbox one turn itself off

Hi there Colganator,

I can totally understand where your coming from. It happened to me on Xbox one launch week. I had to get my console sent off for repair, waited 6 weeks for a repair replacement. It can be very difficult to swallow as you just want to game now!! At least
    that's how i felt..

The best bit of advice i can give you is to call the xbox service centre and get the replacement processed and also speak to customer service about your downtime on live up to now and your downtime over the period of time your going to be out of action for.
    I'm sure if you speak to them they will help you out with this loss of time on live.

The way to look at it is at least it'll be fixed in 4-6 weeks and you wont have to come on here again frustrated with your situation.

I know my advice won't help you but i hope you find it in someway helpful.

Goodluck Gamer! :)
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Cutting to Black Then Turning Itself Off - Similar Threads - Cutting Black Turning

2. Headset cuts out while in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    Headset cuts out while in party chat: Has anyone's headset cut out when you play a different game while in party chat? I use a wireless Rig 800LX and while I'm in party chat and decide to play a new game, the audio in my headset cuts...
  3. Xbox one party audio cutting out while playing Xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one party audio cutting out while playing Xbox 360 games: Whenever I want to play my 360 games while in a Xbox One party chat, the party audio just cuts out. This wasn’t an issue before, but now it is. I’m pretty sure it isn’t my connection, because I...
  4. RIG 800 Audio cutting out?

in XboX Insiders
    RIG 800 Audio cutting out?: I have the RIG 800 wireless headphones and I’m noticing that the audio cuts out a lot for me. Is there a way I can fix that? My headphones are fully charged yet it continue to cut out audio...
  5. Xbox one screen edges cut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one screen edges cut off: I have a 50inch panasonic vierra hdtv and spent an hour messing around with the screen settings and nothing I can find makes the screen fit on my Xbox one s. If I’m playing Far Cry 5 my health bar...
  6. Game freezes and quit at the same cut-scene each time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game freezes and quit at the same cut-scene each time: I recently downloaded a new game, Star Wars: Fallen Jedi. It freezes in the same spot every time. I can play other games fine so I don't think it is an over-heating issue. I have done different...
  7. Sound on kodi keeps cutting out.

in XboX Insiders
    Sound on kodi keeps cutting out.: Latest beta update has caused issues with the sound on kodi. It keeps cutting every 3 or 4 seconds. Have checked my files on pc and they play fine. They were playing fine before latest update....
  8. como reparar 0x800705aa que aparecio when Insider cut my game Minecraft ahora no puedo...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    como reparar 0x800705aa que aparecio when Insider cut my game Minecraft ahora no puedo...: como reparar 0x800705aa que aparecio when Insider cut my game Minecraft ahora no puedo jugar [how to repair 0x800705aa ...] Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on...
  9. Отсутствие звука кроме кат сцен в Forza [Translation - No sound except cut scenes in Forza]

in XBoX on Windows
    Отсутствие звука кроме кат сцен в Forza [Translation - No sound except cut scenes in Forza]: Купил, установил, зашел а кроме кат сцен звука нигде нету, можно как нибудь исправить? [Mod Translation - I bought it, installed it, went in and apart from the cut scenes, there is no sound...
  10. black scree and not work after updating cut

in XBoX on Consoles
    black scree and not work after updating cut: hi i face problems in update ,, its cut because electrsty issue and its not work now just black screen ?? plase help me to fix this issue 19e5f6ed-132a-4b82-819f-09189057fc50