Xbox One S Cutting to Black Then Turning Itself Off

Discus and support Xbox One S Cutting to Black Then Turning Itself Off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Started with last update 2-3 days ago (alpha ring.) Able to recreate at will in settings/storage, selecting my external hard drive and choosing... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/thelug_1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. /u/thelug_1
    /u/thelug_1 Guest

Started with last update 2-3 days ago (alpha ring.) Able to recreate at will in settings/storage, selecting my external hard drive and choosing transfer (wanted to look at games by size.) I have the little zippy circles on each title, but no sizes. After 30-45 seconds, the screen goes black and the xbox powers off.

I also tried it once by pressing B to go back into the settings menu. The xbox froze at the big settings icon (gear) on screen for about 30-45 seconds, then went to black and shut itself off.

I've tried to file through console hoping they can get info from crash reports or logs, but there will not be any video obviously as the console hard powers off.

submitted by /u/thelug_1
    [link] [comments]

/u/thelug_1, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Hasnain952 Win User

Xbox one s turns of almostlh instanly after u turn on

i have same problem but my xbox one s turns off itself while playing game. its really making me angry! i had it repaired once but it still occurs!
  3. Zatomas Win User

Xbox One is turning itself off?

Hi ShanePorter1,

Have you checked if your Xbox overheats? Take a look here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

Hope this helps!
  4. Danny Callaghan Win User

Xbox one turn itself off

Hi there Colganator,

I can totally understand where your coming from. It happened to me on Xbox one launch week. I had to get my console sent off for repair, waited 6 weeks for a repair replacement. It can be very difficult to swallow as you just want to game now!! At least
    that's how i felt..

The best bit of advice i can give you is to call the xbox service centre and get the replacement processed and also speak to customer service about your downtime on live up to now and your downtime over the period of time your going to be out of action for.
    I'm sure if you speak to them they will help you out with this loss of time on live.

The way to look at it is at least it'll be fixed in 4-6 weeks and you wont have to come on here again frustrated with your situation.

I know my advice won't help you but i hope you find it in someway helpful.

Goodluck Gamer! :)
  5. COLGANATOR 91 Win User

Xbox one turn itself off

To update this, i sent the console for repair, to Germany it came back quickly.

worked for a couple of days now it has broken AGAIN. same problem as before, it needs an update and before i can even download the update it switches itself off.

I have probably used the console around 15-20 hours since it broke again.

I just bought the walking dead pt1 and advanced warfare and now im so peed off...
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One is turning itself off?

Some wireless routers have settings that may cause your Xbox One console to shut down unexpectedly. For example, a power-saving setting or network setting may cause your console to shut down.

If you use a wireless connection to connect to Xbox Live, try a wired connection. For information about how to set up a wired connection, see the Xbox
    One First-Time Connection Solution

If you can’t stream content when you use a wireless connection, see the Networking Hardware Information section of the Xbox
    Forums
    , or contact the router manufacturer for information about how to configure the wireless settings on the router.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Cutting to Black Then Turning Itself Off - Similar Threads - Cutting Black Turning

2. Forza Horizon 4 Gaz Kesme [Forza Horizon 4 Gas Cutting ]

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 Gaz Kesme [Forza Horizon 4 Gas Cutting ]: Merhaba, Forza Horizon 4 oynarken aracım 6000 deviri geçtiğinde gaz kesiyor ve elimi hızlanma tuşundan çekip tekrar basmam gerekiyor. Yardımcı olabilir misiniz? [Translation-Hi, when I'm playing...
  3. Xbox one headsets cut out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one headsets cut out: My headset entirely cuts out constantly (like countless times in only 5 minutes). I believe it is a problem with my xbox one x. I have tried different headsets, different controllers and nothing...
  4. Xbox won't cut on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't cut on?: NEED HELP ASAP. Xbox was working fine this morning. I have not bothered it or messed with any of the cords or anything. I occasionally move my xbox from my room to the living room and was doing...
  5. Cut scenes n screensaver woes...

in XboX Insiders
    Cut scenes n screensaver woes...: Been since like forever now.. thus kinda used to it after all these years. But still needs to be asked. Is the issue with the screen saver coming on during a long cut scene ever going to be...
  6. Wireless Rig 800 Headset audio cut out. The headset works fine for like 4 seconds then cuts...

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless Rig 800 Headset audio cut out. The headset works fine for like 4 seconds then cuts...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xPhoenixFiresx [link] [comments]
  7. The Xbox audio keeps cracking and cutting out when wearing headphones

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox audio keeps cracking and cutting out when wearing headphones: When I wear headphones connected to my Xbox controller, the sound keeps cracking and cutting out for about 3-7 seconds at a time. Sometimes the issue stops for a while and the sound goes back to...
  8. Cut screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cut screen: So my tv is cut of i have a philips tv model no. :22pfl4505d/f7 Can someone please help ive been trying for at least a year now and i tried the web and nothing im really fustrated...
  9. Problems with Xbox One cutting off when I login to my Microsoft/Gamer account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with Xbox One cutting off when I login to my Microsoft/Gamer account: Hi, Ive been having a lot of trouble with Xbox One shutting down after installing Fallout 4 game disc and Automatron DLC download. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling game and DLC and even...
  10. black scree and not work after updating cut

in XBoX on Consoles
    black scree and not work after updating cut: hi i face problems in update ,, its cut because electrsty issue and its not work now just black screen ?? plase help me to fix this issue 19e5f6ed-132a-4b82-819f-09189057fc50