Xbox One S died after an update - file request

Discus and support Xbox One S died after an update - file request in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good evening, I have a problem with my xbox. Yesterday afternoon I turned on my xbox, and a screen appeared asking me to update the Xbox. During the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SimoneHolly99, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Xbox One S died after an update - file request

Good evening, I have a problem with my xbox.
    Yesterday afternoon I turned on my xbox, and a screen appeared asking me to update the Xbox.
    During the update, the console restarts, showing a black screen, lasting a couple of minutes, and tcompletely turns off.
    I tried to turn on the xbox several times but nothing, another black screen.
    after doing all the tests found on the xbox support and internet, I managed to start the console in recovery mode, and I followed the xbox support guide with the OSU1 file.
    But nothing, I got a lot of error codes.
    If I try to update the console offline, it gives me this error
    E101 0000504 8B050041

If I try to reboot, format by holding data or completely, he give me this error

E106 00000009 C0000102

I also noticed that the version reported by the recovery is

19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910.191016-1200

I assume that the update was released on 2019-October 16

In osu1 zip files, the date reported by the last change is on 2019 - September 30

So, being obvious that the system recognizes that I am performing a downgrade, is it possible to have the correct file for my version of operating system so that I can get the console back to work? Thanks

:)

SimoneHolly99, Oct 28, 2019
  2. SimoneHolly99 Win User

I confess to being amazed, I just tried but nothing changes
  3. SimoneHolly99 Win User

Also follow the last instruction on the E106 to reset the console .To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, use the D-pad and A button on
    your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will
    reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. Hope it helps
    I thank you for the answer.

As I said before, I tried all the solutions, including this one, but the same error occurs again.

I think I will need this new updated OSU1.
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

There is a way to reset it with a flash drive as another option.

How to reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults using a USB flash drive

Note If the console is experiencing an issue that requires you to Restore Factory Defaults, but you can’t access the Settings hub on your Xbox One console, use this process.

Warning Using this method to restore your console to the factory default settings erases all accounts, apps, games, saved games, and settings. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically
    when it’s connected with the service.

To use the USB flash drive to restore your console to factory defaults, you'll need:

• A Windows-based PC with an internet connection and a USB port
    • A USB flash drive with a minimum 4 GB of space formatted as NTFS
    For information about how to format a USB flash drive to NTFS using a PC, see How to format a flash drive to NTFS on Windows.

Helpful hint Most USB flash drives come formatted as FAT32 and will have to be reformatted to NTFS. Note that formatting a USB flash drive for this procedure will erase all files on it.

Step 1: On your computer

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    2. Click the following link to download the reset file to your computer. This compressed file contains the files needed to reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults:
      Restore Factory Defaults
    3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file to your computer.
    4. To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.
    5. Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive.
    Note The files should be copied to the root directory, and there shouldn't be any other files on the flash drive.

1. Unplug the flash drive from your computer.

Step 2: On your Xbox One console

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console.
    5. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on
      the console.
    Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an EJECT button. On this console you only need to hold the BIND button (steps 5 & 6)
    and then press the Xbox button .

1. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    2. Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.
    Note If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any "power-down" chirps, that also means this failed.

1. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    2. When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.
    3. Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console. For additional help, see Set
      up your Xbox One console
    Note The console restart may take several minutes. If you’re using a wired connection, plug your network cable back into the console. If you have never connected your console to the internet, you will need to connect at least
    once during the system setup process.

About the buttons and beeps

Pressing the BIND and EJECT buttons at the same time forces the console to look for the USB drive update, as the console will not look for a USB drive unless it needs it.
    This helps to decrease console start times for all startups when this step is not needed.

Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an EJECT button. On this console you only need to hold the BIND button to force the
    console to look for a USB drive.

The first power-up tone will occur approximately 10 seconds after powering up. This indicates that a USB update has been detected. The second power-up tone indicates that the update file has been copied and mounted. This is important,
    as it confirms you have successfully initiated the process.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-factory-defaults-using-usb-flash-drive
  5. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

This may seem like a silly question but did you try connect a ethernet cable to your xbox one switch it on and let it sit for a bit to see if anything happens?
  6. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox One S died after an update - file request - Similar Threads - died update file

2. Update my xbox 360 and die

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update my xbox 360 and die: I update today my xbox 360 when it's starting to install the update ,it put the black screen and put on the static red light.. 75e08f42-0f0e-4b4a-8532-8e317a1b7748
  3. "Live, die, repeat" monthly not updating

in XBoX Rewards
    "Live, die, repeat" monthly not updating: Bought UMVC3 on 11/16/17, and got 5 achivements and didnt get the credits BUT on the same day i bought avatar items and filled the requirement with confirmed update, why arent't they updating at...
  4. dying light wont transfer or update to let me move to my internal drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dying light wont transfer or update to let me move to my internal drive: I bought it and it has a blue star in the top right wich i think that means a update is needed so i click on it and it says you are early you must wait until the 27th now this happened with...
  5. HELP , dying light wont install and has a update star

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP , dying light wont install and has a update star: I bought it and it has a blue star in the top right wich i think that means a update is needed so i click on it and it says you are early you must wait until the 27th now this happened with...
  6. DVD sound died with update

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD sound died with update: hi there, I recently updated my Xbox 360 and activated Xbox live for the first time. Games and apps are working perfectly, (Netflix YouTube etc) but ever since the update there is no sound for the...
  7. xbox one keeps dying when trying to restart after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one keeps dying when trying to restart after update: My power brick keeps shutting down while my console is restarting after downloading the latest update. I've tried all the steps in the support section, even going so far as trying an offline...
  8. After a 3.4 GB update on my xbox I lost 7 Days To Die.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After a 3.4 GB update on my xbox I lost 7 Days To Die.: I was playing 7 days to die and I got interupted with a screen that said "it's time to update" the update said it was 430 MB at first. Halfway in the update it stopped and I got a black screen and...
  9. Console dies after March 2016 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console dies after March 2016 update: After updating the xbox360 during the last week of March, the console will no longer turn on, I chatted with xbox support and they stated the updated did not kill my console. I continued to go...
  10. Xbox 360 died after Early Update Preview

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 died after Early Update Preview: I registered for the early update preview and once complete, the Xbox 360 shut off and will not come back on. I have tried to get in contact with someone multiple times this past week about this...