Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ...

Discus and support Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I've got a problem that's been irritating me for a while... I can not seem to remotely install xbox games from my windows 10 pc to my xbox one s.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by davy Willems, Nov 15, 2018.

1. davy Willems
    davy Willems Guest

Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ...

Hey,

I've got a problem that's been irritating me for a while... I can not seem to remotely install xbox games from my windows 10 pc to my xbox one s. Whenver i click the button to install on my devices it says it can't find any devices to install to:

Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ... [​IMG]

Yet when i go to my devices in my account my xbox one s is listed there:

Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ... [​IMG]

I'm logged in on my windows 10 pc and thus store or any webstore version using the same account as the account i use for xbox one S, i have given my xbox one s a name and i have turned on the setting to allow remote installs. Even when my xbox one s is turned
    it still does not find it.

i just noticed in another url being Sign in to your Microsoft account it does not show my xbox one s yet in Sign in to your Microsoft account it does show it maybe that's the cause ? if so how can i fix this

What can be the cause of this ? how i can get my xbox one s to show up in the stores devices list so i can finally remote install...

:)

davy Willems, Nov 15, 2018
  2. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    XBOX ONE X Gold Account.

Your xbox/microsoft isnt restricted to one device. it is stored and backed up, on microsoft servers. so you can use it on xbox three sixty, xbox one xbox one s and xbox one x and on your android or iphone and windows 10 pc. this is the most comprehensive
    answer so far in this thread.

smileskybird, Nov 15, 2018
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Is Microsoft trying to make Xbox more software based?

SPITFIRE-SIX, Nov 15, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Hello Davy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It seems like you have most of everything set up correctly here. The only thing I would want to mention is make sure your console is set to

Instant on power mode.

You can find more information on setting up Remote installation here :
    Install games remotely on your Xbox One

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Nov 15, 2018
  5. davy Willems
    davy Willems Guest
    Hi Chris,

I enabled it for testing purpose but it still does not show up and i don't see why it wouldn't work if i had my xbox one s turned on it should still be able to remote install then right ?

Anyway could it be some privacy setting if so which one ? I also noticed in another url being Sign in to your Microsoft account it does not show my xbox one s yet in Sign in to your Microsoft account
    it does show it maybe that's the cause ? if so how can i fix this (i updated screenshot in original post, it only shows my pc's and i find the last app install date also very weird i can't imagine not having installed any new apps since 2017 on my main PC-DAVY-LENOVO
    pc. Thats why i start to think it might some syncing issues of some sort but not sure

6. zmaster2XXX
    zmaster2XXX Guest
    This happens from time to time for me as well. I've noticed that using the mobile app, it will ask what device I want to install on and the web won't or vice versa. Typically the site works best on the Edge browser, so you want to try than and also make
    sure remote install is enabled (it isn't by default).

zmaster2XXX, Nov 15, 2018
  7. davy Willems
    davy Willems Guest
    remote install is enabled as mentioned on initial post. I just tried from edge and its the same problem. I also tried from xbox app on android and there it said i need to put my xbox one s as my home console so i just did that and restarted the xbox app
    on my phone. From my phone it's working now from microsoft store it is not not even when signing out & in it always shows same message that it can't find a device to install to. I'm testing with "race the sun" btw. And i'm not interested in doing it from my
    phone, i really want it to work from pc as well as that's what i mainly use to "get" the xbox live gold games.

8. davy Willems
    davy Willems Guest

Guys,

I had found a reddit (Remote Install on non-primary Xbox : xboxone) post saying they had called microsoft support and they did the following:

1. Re-register this Xbox to my Microsoft account

2. Send the Xbox an Xbox Live Gold troubleshooting signal

3. Disconnect my Xbox from power, and restart the Xbox

After that, it worked again.

So initially i tried removing my xbox one s myselve from my devices, removed my account from the xbox power cycled it and left it without power for a while and then added my account again etc. But i did not work.

So i contacted support myselve (using chat) and explained the problem to them, also told them what had helped with another person in that reddit post, so the support guy proposed to try it out as he initially had no idea what to do about it. And guess what
    it has worked, i can now select my xbox one from app store in windows 10 or webbrowser store to let it install remotely to my xbox one.

This one can't be fixed by ourselves, at least if everything else is set up correctly and it still does not work. It seems they removed all traces of my xbox somehow on their end but it left my xbox one s in my devices even after they did that so it's not
    the same thing they do.

I was skeptical at first but it did work. So that are 2 cases where this was solved using the steps above, which needed to be done by ms technical support themselves.

davy Willems, Nov 6, 2018
  9. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or webbrowser store

This happens from time to time for me as well. I've noticed that using the mobile app, it will ask what device I want to install on and the web won't or vice versa. Typically the site works best on the Edge browser, so you want to try than and also make
    sure remote install is enabled (it isn't by default).
  10. davy Willems Win User

Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or webbrowser store

Hi Chris,

I enabled it for testing purpose but it still does not show up and i don't see why it wouldn't work if i had my xbox one s turned on it should still be able to remote install then right ?

Anyway could it be some privacy setting if so which one ? I also noticed in another url being https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content it does not show my xbox one s yet in https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
    it does show it maybe that's the cause ? if so how can i fix this (i updated screenshot in original post, it only shows my pc's and i find the last app install date also very weird i can't imagine not having installed any new apps since 2017 on my main PC-DAVY-LENOVO
    pc. Thats why i start to think it might some syncing issues of some sort but not sure
  11. davy Willems Win User

Guys,

I had found a reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/9po8nt/remote_install_on_nonprimary_xbox/) post saying they had called microsoft support and they did the following:

1. Re-register this Xbox to my Microsoft account

2. Send the Xbox an Xbox Live Gold troubleshooting signal

3. Disconnect my Xbox from power, and restart the Xbox

After that, it worked again.

So initially i tried removing my xbox one s myselve from my devices, removed my account from the xbox power cycled it and left it without power for a while and then added my account again etc. But i did not work.

So i contacted support myselve (using chat) and explained the problem to them, also told them what had helped with another person in that reddit post, so the support guy proposed to try it out as he initially had no idea what to do about it. And guess what
    it has worked, i can now select my xbox one from app store in windows 10 or webbrowser store to let it install remotely to my xbox one.

This one can't be fixed by ourselves, at least if everything else is set up correctly and it still does not work. It seems they removed all traces of my xbox somehow on their end but it left my xbox one s in my devices even after they did that so it's not
    the same thing they do.

I was skeptical at first but it did work. So that are 2 cases where this was solved using the steps above, which needed to be done by ms technical support themselves.
  12. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Davy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It seems like you have most of everything set up correctly here. The only thing I would want to mention is make sure your console is set to

Instant on power mode.

You can find more information on setting up Remote installation here :
    Install games remotely on your Xbox One

Hope this helps!
  13. davy Willems Win User

remote install is enabled as mentioned on initial post. I just tried from edge and its the same problem. I also tried from xbox app on android and there it said i need to put my xbox one s as my home console so i just did that and restarted the xbox app
    on my phone. From my phone it's working now from microsoft store it is not not even when signing out & in it always shows same message that it can't find a device to install to. I'm testing with "race the sun" btw. And i'm not interested in doing it from my
    phone, i really want it to work from pc as well as that's what i mainly use to "get" the xbox live gold games.
Thema:

1. Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ... - Similar Threads - does show devices

2. Does not show the correct game you are playing when in a party chat.

in XboX Insiders
    Does not show the correct game you are playing when in a party chat.: submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]
  3. dont know why it does not show im alpha on here and other things

in XboX Insiders
    dont know why it does not show im alpha on here and other things: i was wondering why if im in alpha i get the updates but 0 changes level 19 almost 20 with 2 years 8 months in of hard work. also i noticed whenever i post it does not say im a insider just my...
  4. What does everyone think about Terminator Characters showing up in Gears 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does everyone think about Terminator Characters showing up in Gears 5?: I don't think they will be included in the story, only multiplayer characters as they did in Gears 4 with the Run the jewels guys. fc05b684-f2e2-4e46-9d39-d7b8b223b040
  5. In the store on the game page does not show the discount live gold subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    In the store on the game page does not show the discount live gold subscription: On the main page of discounts, live gold subscriptions show a 75 percent discount on the game - DmC Devil May Cry, but when you switch to the game itself it does not show this discount and when...
  6. Didn't receive my Purchase nor does it show up in order history!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Didn't receive my Purchase nor does it show up in order history!: So my cousin wanted to some V-Bucks for fortnite and i decided to purchase the 2500 (+300) package and after i went through the paying methods and succesfully made the purchase i couldn't find it...
  7. Xbox.com > My Xbox > My Games does not show Backwards Compatibility Xbox/Xbox360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox.com > My Xbox > My Games does not show Backwards Compatibility Xbox/Xbox360 games: Backwards Compatibility games that I own digitally are NOT showing up on xbox.com . They ARE showing up on my Xbox One and can be downloaded and played. My problem is when I login to __xbox.com__...
  8. Xbox game bar does not show up in settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar does not show up in settings: My xbox game bar does not show up in any of my settings, and my xbox app on my pc is messed up, but that is for another time. I opened up my settings, looking for the gaming category that everyone...
  9. Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update: I have two windows computers: my desktop which has a year old install of windows and recently updated, and my laptop which have multiple windows updating problems so it usually gets updated much...
  10. Wheel device does not show on the devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wheel device does not show on the devices: followed the instructions but usb connected device does not appear 5d4a5dec-6ed2-429e-bfcf-3fb818627bff