xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!

Discus and support xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one s only supports hdr game with ycbcr 4:2:0 while playing forza horizon 3. It should support ycbcr 4:2:2 4k 60Hz as well for better picture... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EastCornet16601, Oct 27, 2016.

1. xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!

Xbox one s only supports hdr game with ycbcr 4:2:0 while playing forza horizon 3. It should support ycbcr 4:2:2 4k 60Hz as well for better picture quality.

:)

EastCornet16601, Oct 27, 2016
  2. HUANG da
    HUANG da Guest
    A HDR game list for Xbox One S?

Xbox One S dose support HDR, but most HDR games do not support Xbox One S.

HUANG da, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Leon Protos
    Leon Protos Guest
    Xbox One S HDR UHD and Netflix Playback.

Hey Miss Bijoux,

If I turn off "Allow HDR" then the content plays as normal. The washout only happens during HDR video playback and nowhere else.

I contacted LG support on this after some investigation on my own. I noted that by checking my signal on the receiver HDR video playback on the Xbox One S is 10-bit RGB at 24Hz.

All other devices I've used seem to use either 12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 60Hz (PS4) or 10-bit 4:2:0 60 Hz (HDR Blu Ray Player) for their HDR content. LG Says they don't support 10-bit RGB.

Now here's where it gets interesting. HDR Games on the Xbox One S come through at 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:0 60Hz. So I tried disabling the 24Hz signal in the Xbox One S.

Now it puts out a 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:0 60Hz signal when attempting to watch HDR video... but the dimming issue still persists.

Leon Protos, Oct 27, 2016
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey EastCornet16601! What brand and model TV are you using. Post back and let me know!

Mister Cizl, Oct 28, 2016
  5. Leon Protos Win User

Xbox One S HDR UHD and Netflix Playback.

Hey Miss Bijoux,

If I turn off "Allow HDR" then the content plays as normal. The washout only happens during HDR video playback and nowhere else.

I contacted LG support on this after some investigation on my own. I noted that by checking my signal on the receiver HDR video playback on the Xbox One S is 10-bit RGB at 24Hz.

All other devices I've used seem to use either 12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 60Hz (PS4) or 10-bit 4:2:0 60 Hz (HDR Blu Ray Player) for their HDR content. LG Says they don't support 10-bit RGB.

Now here's where it gets interesting. HDR Games on the Xbox One S come through at 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:0 60Hz. So I tried disabling the 24Hz signal in the Xbox One S.

Now it puts out a 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:0 60Hz signal when attempting to watch HDR video... but the dimming issue still persists.
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey EastCornet16601! What brand and model TV are you using. Post back and let me know!
  7. RandyAU93 Win User

Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

I'm more interested in knowing if Xbox One S/X will support 1080p and HDR for gaming. I'm fine with ignoring 4k for now.
    Thank you!

Yes, it does. HDR does not depend on 4K output. If your 1080p television supports HDR, then it will work for the games that have HDR color palettes available. It is up to the developer to enable this option in their games.

The only Xbox One family console that does not support HDR for gaming is the original, first-generation Xbox One.
  8. HUANG da Win User

A HDR game list for Xbox One S?

Xbox One S dose support HDR, but most HDR games do not support Xbox One S.
  9. GFx1 Win User

Samsung HDR tv

Dashes mean that the sampling for those color schemes are not available. The zeros are equivalent of checkmarks, that in this color scheme, sampling is available. And with UHD Color setting turned on, the 10-bit and 12-bit sampling for color depths YCbCr
    4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:2:0 are available. Xbox One S supports all of the color depths. And 10-bit sampling is the equivalent of HDR10. So as long as you turn UHD Color on the TV, you will get HDR color support with this TV set.
Thema:

1. xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!! - Similar Threads - does support hdr

2. Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?: I am devastated. I bought a razer kraken rgb kitty edition usb headset thinking it would work on the xbox since it has usb ports and I've had a usb headset before and it worked just fine. Now I...
  3. Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??: Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??? 61c90250-23c3-4151-8c1a-ca8b600031be
  4. How does one get in touch with Microsoft? Customer support not working ive been trying for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How does one get in touch with Microsoft? Customer support not working ive been trying for...: see topic. Im trying to get in touch with Xbox but the customer support is not working. not the phone, not the chat 84ecd239-57cd-4e77-9203-7efffe4d56de
  5. Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...: Ive tried to return a digital game that literally does not work. Was bought more than 14 days ago BUT DOES NOT WORK. Tried every possible fix from rockstar the developers of the game and nothing...
  6. Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor: I have a LG-34UC88-B Monitor with 3440x1440. It has also HDMI 2.0. but the Xbox one X only let me play in 1080p. I have read several times that the Xbox supports 1440p monitors. I know that my...
  7. Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?: So I use my Xbox one X hooked up to a monitor however I am getting a new monitor which is not 4K due to my PC not handling 4K games and down scaling on a 4K monitor to 1080p looks garbage so my...
  8. Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?: I have an Epson 5040ub projector. It doesn't do full 4k but it does take a 4k signal and does a great job of enhancing 1080p to look really close to 4k. Problem is that I can watch a 4k HDR disc,...
  9. Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay: Purchased an Xbox One X for the sole purpose of using it to centralize my entertainment. I use the Plex app and a locally hosted plex server to serve 4K content. HDR enabled 4K files have...
  10. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?: Hi I am considering into purchasing a 4K TV just for HDR support. I prefer to play games such as GEARS 4 and TOMB RAIDER in 60 fps performance mode weven without 4K, however I do want to see what...