Xbox One S Downloading games takes forever.

Discus and support Xbox One S Downloading games takes forever. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new Xbox One S and Red Dead Redemption 2 to go with it. I’ve started installing it, but it has been 2 hours and the percentage has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zeraphyme, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Zeraphyme
    Zeraphyme Guest

I recently bought a new Xbox One S and Red Dead Redemption 2 to go with it. I’ve started installing it, but it has been 2 hours and the percentage has gone from 42.6% to 49.9%. (Only at 2.98GB out if 13.80GB. 49.06GB has been downloaded so far out of 98.35GB
    total.) so still a very long ways to go.

I’ve tried resetting my wifi router and restarting the Xbox to possibly see if it might go faster - which barely made a difference.

Is it normal for it to download so slow and are there any other ways to make it go faster? I’m sure it’s my internet but I’ve never had this wait with any other Xbox One console.

:)

Zeraphyme, Oct 27, 2019
  2. kev edin Win User

Try going of line and install the disc first . I have noticed and seen down load times seem to be taking forever again .

I hope it is just a bug they can fix . 🤔👍
  3. Xenokai Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

The reason it take forever to install is because the install % also includes the download % of the update, x1 games updates are gigs instead of the 360's megs.
  4. Santioned HF Win User

Downloading takes forever

I have a dedicated line running strait to my house, it is not shared.

I have tried connecting directly, but it doesn't change anything.

I will just buy a new router and contact my ISP to see if anything is wrong on their end.
  5. MrInfiniteNeon Win User

you must have slow connection ( try bt )
  6. ngocphi Win User

Since you got 40mb service are you using a bt hub?

If so please contact your isp

the routers have issues with all gaming services

it is well documented not just for xbox

also does your account region match your actual region?
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Downloading games takes forever. - Similar Threads - Downloading games takes

2. For some reason taking to long to load After downloading game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason taking to long to load After downloading game: I need help on xbox one s after downloding a game i paid 40$ for it slowed down slowly and the games and apps stopped working 1 by 1 and i reset it but kept all of my stuff but it still isnt...
  3. Taking forever to download games (Xbox Beta Gamepass) Fluctuating speeds from 40mb/s to 0

in XBoX on Windows
    Taking forever to download games (Xbox Beta Gamepass) Fluctuating speeds from 40mb/s to 0: As the title suggests I just purchased my first month of the Ultimate Game Pass and I've been attempting to download Metro Exodus for about 6 hours now and it's barely halfway done. Speeds are all...
  4. Taking forever to download a game, uploading a game from a disk is also taking forever?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Taking forever to download a game, uploading a game from a disk is also taking forever?: Any ideas? We have great WiFi based on a speed test 04f91372-75bb-4cbb-a2ab-3b645b1fd2cf
  5. cant download(some)games&cant add a payment info yet Microsoft take 1$ every time I try!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant download(some)games&cant add a payment info yet Microsoft take 1$ every time I try!: I have an account that was with an US region, and at that time I didn't put any credit card with it. and it was on Xbox 360. Then I bought Xbox one and changed the region to Saudi Arabia region...
  6. SE TARDA MUCHO EN DESCARGAR JUEGOS E INSTALACIONES / It takes long to DOWNLOAD GAMES AND ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SE TARDA MUCHO EN DESCARGAR JUEGOS E INSTALACIONES / It takes long to DOWNLOAD GAMES AND ...: Hola quisiera como puedo hacer para que mis descargas ya no me vayan a 1.74 mb/s estoy desde dias asi y no termino de instalar el juego, ya reinicie muchas veces las consola y cancele varias veces...
  7. Digitally downloaded games "taking too long to load" GTA V not even downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digitally downloaded games "taking too long to load" GTA V not even downloading.: I have always preferred to have my games as digital download but stupid things like this make me wish I had changed my mind. I currently have Rocket League, ARK: Survival Evolved and Forza Horizon...
  8. downloads games take too long

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloads games take too long: I've been waiting 4 hours or more to download "grid 2" and "dead space" games... I have an internet connection of 50mb and I never ever had took so long, so I have some months, that discharges of...
  9. Games/apps 'taking too long to load' Plus downloads stopping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games/apps 'taking too long to load' Plus downloads stopping: So I've had this happening to me for the last 2/3 weeks now. About twice a day, sometimes more, my updates/game downloads will just suddenly halt. They won't say 'stopped', or 'pending', or...
  10. Why does it take so long to download games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it take so long to download games?: I recently got an xbox one and have had very little play time because it appears to take ages to install games. I have been out of the loop in regards to tech for a while now so maybe I'm making a...