Xbox One S - external SDD drive

Discus and support Xbox One S - external SDD drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently looking for an external SSD drive to improve load times on my Xbox One S. I've checked the official support guide to buy a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jose Luis Angeli, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Xbox One S - external SDD drive

Hello,

I'm currently looking for an external SSD drive to improve load times on my Xbox One S. I've checked the official support guide to buy a compatible drive and I found these two pages closely related with my question but with different information about the
    drive capacity:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/usb-port-use -> 256 GB or greater

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/manage-storage -> 128 GB or greater

¿Which is the correct one? ¿Does the Xbox One S supports 128 GB external hard drives or not?

Thanks a lot for your help!

:)

Jose Luis Angeli, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Jose Luis Angeli Win User

Thanks for your answer ¿do you mind sharing your forum post if you can find the link to it?
  3. Jose Luis Angeli Win User

Thanks for your answer, I've seen links like that one but I'd really like to know if a 128GB drive is supported.
  4. Ultimategamer1 Win User

Hello Mr. Angeli I have found a few 3rd party SSD's that work with the console without issue. My recommendation is Seagate SSD's I have had my 5TB SSD for 4 years and it continues to work without issues. This is a powered SSD the uses a plug for the wall
    to power the device but my assumption is your 128GB SSD will not need an external power source and the USB connection will be power enough. The other two SSD's I would also recommend are Samsung and SanDisk extreme portable SSD, those brands have been known
    to function well with Xbox. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Here is an additional link where you can find other SSD's as well https://hddmag.com/best-external-ssds-for-xbox-one/
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Jose Luis Angeli

The correct one is 128gb or greater since updates, Buy can of course just buy a external hard drive enclosure that is usb 3.0 compatible and the internal hard drive that you are wanting in any size, Some say it is cheaper to do I have made a forum post on
    the same matter. Explaining that some use to have a problem with multiple external hard drives and a way to fix. I'd have to try and find it again but the current one's I use is these enclosures https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076X4WWZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 they
    are a self powered hard drive enclosure that stops the drive not loading up.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox One S - external SDD drive - Similar Threads - external SDD drive

2. External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.: I hooked up a new SSD to my Xbox One today. The Xbox One X however did not recognize the device. Upon trying everything in the support page for this the final step to restart console completely,...
  3. : External USB HD blocking wireless connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : External USB HD blocking wireless connection: : External USB HD blocking wireless connection Thats the weird part, the signal from wi-fi and connection to the router keeps the same, it justs lose the connection to the internet. In AUTO mode...
  4. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 7ec19c3d-fdea-4369-bff3-cd78851ade59
  5. external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive: Today's update killed my external hard drive and now the console won't even read it. [Mod Removed - Profanity] do i do 7512d84d-ea13-492a-8fc7-82d674975b44
  6. External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One: I can not get my Xbox One to recognize an external hard drive even after doing a low level format with NTFS! The Xbox keeps throwing the error that the drive is NOT formatted! I formatted the...
  7. External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc

in XBoX on Windows
    External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc: I have an 1tb external hard drive for my xbox one. I was wondering if I can use that on my gaming desktop pc. I need more room on my desktop and don't need the external drive for the xbox one...
  8. external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    external hard drive: I connected my external hard drive from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox one x. when i turn the Xbox on it reads the drive as empty But when i access the drive the games are listed, when i go to play the...
  9. External Drive not Powering Off

in XboX Insiders
    External Drive not Powering Off: [IMG] On build before 1910.190903-1945 my Seagate External Drives would power off, But when 1910.190903-1945 came on Sept. 5th my drives stayed on. The build 2004.190904-1900 kind of fixed...
  10. is there a possibility to create a second account on my new external 2,5 SDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    is there a possibility to create a second account on my new external 2,5 SDD: Hi guys, I bought me today an external 2,5 SAMSUNG 1 TB SDD for my XBOX ONE ELITE Now I want to create a new ACCOUNT/GAMERTAG for family members and guests, because I don't want them to use my...