Xbox One S external storage

Discus and support Xbox One S external storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am in the processing of purchasing an external hard drive for an XBox One S and am trying to find out if the external hard drives for XBox One are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PookieDottsMom, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Xbox One S external storage

I am in the processing of purchasing an external hard drive for an XBox One S and am trying to find out if the external hard drives for XBox One are compatible with the XBox One S? Thanks!

:)

PookieDottsMom, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Mister Maka Win User

copying xbox one data on external drive to xbox one S external drive

Hey there gmhowe.

You'll need to move your games over onto an external storage device one by one. Check out the steps on

this page
    for info on how to set up external storage. Once it's all moved you should be able to access it on your Xbox One S no problem.
  3. WPAK Win User

Xbox difference

Hi there,

the difference between a regular Xbox One s and a Xbox One S 1TB will be that the 1TB version will have a 1tb storage device and not a 500GB storage device.

So the 1TB which is about 1000GB will have approx. twice the storage amount compared to the 500GB version.

Keep in mind that if needed the storage space can be expanded by connecting an external storage device (USB 3.0 and at least 256GB) to expand the available storage on any Xbox One console.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Data transfer Xbox One >> Xbox One S

Hi

The Xbox One and Xbox One S has the ability to play games directly from a suitable external hard drive and you can also use this method to move games from one Xbox One console to another one please see

the guide here about external storage
    on the Xbox One.

The basic requirements for storing games and apps on an external drive are:

Has capacity of 256 GB or more, and

Uses USB 3.0.
  5. Spazpol Win User

My Console Is Out Of Storage Space

My Xbox One S is a 500GB Hard Drive Is Out of Storage Space I Need Help Please.
    you can either delete content, or you can use an external USB hard drive to get additional storage. I personally have a 3TB external drive to avoid this issue.
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox One S external storage - Similar Threads - external storage

2. External storage detection

in XBoX Accessibility
    External storage detection: My external hard drive is only being detected sometimes, if i connect it through one of the base usb ports, it doesnt show up but, if i connect it into my usb hub, it will show up and say that”...
  3. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I've got a Kingston HyperX Savage USB 3.1 256 GB Flash drive that just doesn't seem to wanna cooperate. Reads 350Mb/s Writes 250 MB/s, that has to be enough tho, right? So the storage doesn't...
  4. Xbox One Internal/External Data Storage Diagnostic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Internal/External Data Storage Diagnostic: Hello everyone, So I've been having an issue with XCOM 2/War of the Chosen where my game crashes in most loading screens, and trying to reload previous saves similarly causes the game to crash...
  5. External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.: I hooked up a new SSD to my Xbox One today. The Xbox One X however did not recognize the device. Upon trying everything in the support page for this the final step to restart console completely,...
  6. Seagate 4 terabyte external storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate 4 terabyte external storage: I have be having problems with my external storage randomly disconnecting or not starting up the game to begin with it worked fine like a month ago and I’ve had this for 2 years and I have no idea...
  7. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  8. Game DVR and external storage.

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR and external storage.: Currently trying to get my head around an issue I'm having with capturing to external storage which I have tested on two 4TB drives, when the drive gets half full of recordings the game DVR stops...
  9. External storage issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage issue: I bought an XBOX LICENSED Seagate 8tb game drive hub. I have tried EVERYTHING to get it to work but it only allows me to use it as media storage. I've tried it as ntfs, fat 32, exfat, and...
  10. Xbox One X external storage no longer being recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X external storage no longer being recognized: My Xbox One X is out of warranty, but it is barely a year old. My external Western Elements 2TB Portable External Hard Drive is no longer being recognized by the console. Sometimes, the game...