Xbox One S external storage

Discus and support Xbox One S external storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am in the processing of purchasing an external hard drive for an XBox One S and am trying to find out if the external hard drives for XBox One are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PookieDottsMom, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Xbox One S external storage

I am in the processing of purchasing an external hard drive for an XBox One S and am trying to find out if the external hard drives for XBox One are compatible with the XBox One S? Thanks!

:)

PookieDottsMom, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Mister Maka Win User

copying xbox one data on external drive to xbox one S external drive

Hey there gmhowe.

You'll need to move your games over onto an external storage device one by one. Check out the steps on

this page
    for info on how to set up external storage. Once it's all moved you should be able to access it on your Xbox One S no problem.
  3. WPAK Win User

Xbox difference

Hi there,

the difference between a regular Xbox One s and a Xbox One S 1TB will be that the 1TB version will have a 1tb storage device and not a 500GB storage device.

So the 1TB which is about 1000GB will have approx. twice the storage amount compared to the 500GB version.

Keep in mind that if needed the storage space can be expanded by connecting an external storage device (USB 3.0 and at least 256GB) to expand the available storage on any Xbox One console.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
  4. SepiaMX Win User

Can I buy a Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and migrate all of the games from an Xbox One S?

Hi there,

You can only play digital games in the Xbox One S All-digital, which means, games you buy online from the Microsoft Store.

If all the games that your son has are physical format (discs), then it is better to get a normal Xbox One S. You would have to buy the digital version of any game if you want to play it on the Xbox One S All-Digital, regardless if you have the disc or
    not.

In case you choose to get an Xbox One S-All Digital, you can transfer all the digital games and apps from your son's console to an external drive, and then just plug it to the new console to play.

Manage storage on Xbox One

How to choose and use an Xbox One external hard drive
  5. gds1972 Win User

Data transfer Xbox One >> Xbox One S

Hi

The Xbox One and Xbox One S has the ability to play games directly from a suitable external hard drive and you can also use this method to move games from one Xbox One console to another one please see

the guide here about external storage
    on the Xbox One.

The basic requirements for storing games and apps on an external drive are:

Has capacity of 256 GB or more, and

Uses USB 3.0.
  6. MarbleBag590 Win User

Xbox One hard drive

There's no point in switching hard drives from your broken original Xbox to the Xbox One S. If you want more storage space simply buy an external hard drive.
Thema:

Xbox One S external storage

1. Xbox One S external storage - Similar Threads - external storage

2. my external storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    my external storage: my x box external memory does not light up but hear it running and does not show saved material is it shot or broke ? 767d45ac-a39d-4f43-9a8e-a34c1963e68d
  3. External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage: Is there anyway I can add an external storage device to my son’s xbox one without having to format it on a computer/laptop. 6853b59a-d55e-4e82-80d6-611e727858f0
  4. External Storage Not Registering on XBOX ONE

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Storage Not Registering on XBOX ONE: I purchased a POSS Portable Storage System "aVolusion" HD250U3-Z1 500GB (XBOX FORMATTED) however it is not being recognized by my XBOX. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting exercises...
  5. My external storage device is not connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device is not connecting: [img] [img] I have check every thang. usb ports and if it die and it runs fine it just don’t want to connect it did this ones be for and i had to reformate it and xbox is up to date. I payed...
  6. External Storage vs Shrinkable Games

in XboX Insiders
    External Storage vs Shrinkable Games: So here’s an interesting one. I have a 1tb Xbox One X (fully updated) and 2x 5tb external drives. The reason for the 2 externals is that I plan to use one on the road with my other Xbox One X...
  7. External Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Storage: How do I fix the External Storage it keeps Crashing when downloading and when playing a game. 0e5c3aeb-6adc-44d8-ba85-78cbc2c552d0
  8. XBOX 360 External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 External Storage: Hi! I've heard that I'm able to use external hard drives for storage on XBOX 360. However I've also heard that the maximum storage the XBOX 360 can use on any external hard drive is only 32GB,...
  9. Storage management copying on external Hard drives?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Storage management copying on external Hard drives?: My question is I own two Xbox one X since i just bought the new cyberpunk edition and was going to split the externals since i have two plug in to xbox one x and was wondering since if theres a...
  10. Can’t transfer to external storage.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t transfer to external storage.: Maybe someone can help me. I have a phantom external storage device for my xbox one. I was able to install it just fine. I directly downloaded two new games to it and transferred one game from...