xBOX ONE s failing to recognise memory stick in UBS when performing an offline update

Discus and support xBOX ONE s failing to recognise memory stick in UBS when performing an offline update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our Xbox one s failed to perform an update online and we are getting an E102 error so we are trying to update offline. We have downloaded the offsite... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gillianSibbring, Jul 29, 2019.

1. xBOX ONE s failing to recognise memory stick in UBS when performing an offline update

Our Xbox one s failed to perform an update online and we are getting an E102 error so we are trying to update offline. We have downloaded the offsite update onto a memory stick but the xbox is failing to recognise this when we insert it into the USB port
    of the xbox.

This is the same memory stick we used last time we needed to update offline and the memory stick works fine in other devises.

We have tried a factory reset but this makes no difference.

Help!

:)

gillianSibbring, Jul 29, 2019
  2. gillianSibbring Win User

xBOX ONE s failing to recognise memory stick in UBS when performing an offline update

Thanks for the reply. We had formatted the memory stick.

I will try the USB factory re-set but as the xbox will not recongnise the memory stick in the USB drive I am not too hopeful.
  3. gillianSibbring Win User

We had already tried reformatting the stick and downloading the update again - but thanks for the suggestion.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Please try reformatting the stick on your PC and then redownload the update to put on your stick again.
  5. Peter R Fleming Win User

Try this: (make sure the USB is not plugged in)

1. hold down the power button on your console for 10 seconds
    2. Unplug the power
    3. Wait 30 seconds
    4. Plug the power back in
    5. Press the bind button (under the power button) and the eject button at the same time.
    6. Press the power button whilst you are still pressing the bind and eject button
    7. Once the console turns on let go of the power button but still hold down the bind and eject button for 10-15 seconds then let go
    8. Now plug the USB in.
    9. Select Offline system update (using the D-Pad and A)

Also, have you formatted the USB if not you need to do this: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/system/format-flash-drive-to-ntfs-windows

UPDATE: Just checked error code E102 the solution is:

Restore your console to factory reset (which you have done)

if that doesn't work;

You need to do this https://support.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-one/console/reset-factory-defaults-using-usb-flash-drive

If that doesn't work your console needs to be repaired.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Little mad I have to have access to a PC and a flash drive to troubleshoot my 500$ brand new console

When a system update fails, usually because of a connection drop or some other fault, performing an

offline system update
    is the only solution to this issue.

You can avoid failed updates in the future by connecting to the internet via an ethernet cable, if your Wi-Fi signal is prone to signal drops.
Thema:

1. xBOX ONE s failing to recognise memory stick in UBS when performing an offline update - Similar Threads - failing recognise memory

2. E3 FAIL + Games Expensive

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    E3 FAIL + Games Expensive: Hello Microsoft, well Im here to talk about E3 this year. It was very frustrated for me, it was very good if you are a gamer with 8 years old !! Where is the agressive games with good graphics ?...
  3. Capture Screenshot failing to work on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Capture Screenshot failing to work on Xbox One: I have an original model Xbox One, purchased it in 2016, the capture screenshot ability was working up until a week ago, thought it was a bug due to a recent update, and decided to wait a bit and...
  4. Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware: Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware I have filed a BBB complain again MS and Xbox for not covering warranty repairs and am now seeking legal counsel for a class action lawsuit against MS...
  5. Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware: I have filed a BBB complain again MS and Xbox for not covering warranty repairs and am now seeking legal counsel for a class action lawsuit against MS for selling faulty equipment and expecting...
  6. Failed transaction

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Failed transaction: 2 Months ago, I bought Forza Horizon 4. The first time I tried buying the game, transaction failed, and got the notification: "Oops, something went wrong". I still got charged for the order. 3...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 - Yükleme Başarısız Hatası (Forza Horizon 4 - Installation Failed Error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 - Yükleme Başarısız Hatası (Forza Horizon 4 - Installation Failed Error): Forza Horizon 4'e girdiğimde ilk açılış ekranında Enter basmamı istiyor. Bastıktan sonra "Yükleme Başarısız, Bilinmeyen bir hata oluştu, lütfen daha sonra tekrar deneyiniz" uyarısı alıyorum....
  8. Minecraft world failed to sync data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world failed to sync data: So recently Xbox was experiencing an issue of not being able to play downloaded games. I, along with many others, experienced this issue. An error code written “0x97e107ef” and/or sometimes “df”...
  9. Alexa integration fails to see Xbox One X - Beta Ring Wired Connection

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa integration fails to see Xbox One X - Beta Ring Wired Connection: I saw this as an old bug from 2018 that was supposed to be resolved but I can’t get my One X to show up when Alexa is searching for devices. It does see my original Xbox setup on wireless....
  10. xbox one games keep failing to open and games keep appearing in ready to install

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one games keep failing to open and games keep appearing in ready to install: all the games on my console keep failing to open and they started randomly appearing in the ready to install section might there be a problem with the profile or network all the games on my segate...