Xbox One S Fan Noise

Discus and support Xbox One S Fan Noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Last week I ordered an Xbox One S bundle from Microsoft's online store and that same Thursday it got delivered. Ever since the first time I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KGDW, Jun 20, 2019.

1. KGDW
    KGDW Guest

Xbox One S Fan Noise

Hi,

Last week I ordered an Xbox One S bundle from Microsoft's online store and that same Thursday it got delivered.

Ever since the first time I've turned it on the fan has been loud and 'clicky'. The sound doesn't bother me (I play with headphones on) and shipping back my Xbox One doesn't sound fun.

But on the other hand if it's a sign there's a serious problem with the Xbox, I don't want it dying on me before Project Scarlett comes out in late 2020 where I'll upgrade. So is this sound a sign of serious internal problems in the console?

Here's a video compilation (sorry about the snap change from landscape to vertical film, I was concerned with getting the sound from different distances):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si5aQIc-FYQ

The closeups are so you can hear the sound in detail that my phone can't seem to pick up at a distance. You can easily hear that detail 6-10 feet away albeit slightly quieter because of the distance. Again the noise doesn't really bother me that much since
    I play with headphones on. My concern is whether this noise is a sign of something faulty that will eventually break the console.

:)

2. Andy McNizy Win User

Xbox one s fan noise

My second Xbox one s and the noise is doing my head in it's a loud fan and buzzing is this just me or is this meant to be making this noise
  3. イザヤ Win User

Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

Ok I moved it and it has not shut off sense but the Xbox One X Fan noise is not constant and is still loud maybe not as loud as a jet engine like I describe before but still loud way louder than my Xbox One S and OG Xbox One, it would have a fan burst
    when I'm playing which is loud and annoying and the fan noise would never be at a constant noise level while I'm playing a game.
  4. maanuu147 Win User

Xbox One Fan Noise/Rattle Problem

Hello friends, I just want to tell you something :( you won't get a funcional xbox one s.... i've sent the xbox one s to repair center for 7 times and they send me the same or worse xbox one s fan noise u.u
  5. Lowlife Madness Win User

Why did my Xbox One S beep and click

it was coming from the hard drive. i did an internet seach and the clicking noise was similar to the "hard drive click of death". A failing hard drive.

My cousin's xbox one S made the same clicking noise with no beep, the clicking in his xbox was coming from the fan
  6. Mike Gencic Win User

Weird hard drive noise!

The noise from the video on youtube is fan noise. All xbox ones are the same.
Thema:

Xbox One S Fan Noise

1. Xbox One S Fan Noise - Similar Threads - Fan Noise

2. Xbox One doing huge fan noise for couple of seconds after starting game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doing huge fan noise for couple of seconds after starting game: Hi, I got a concern when starting Metal Gearr Solid HD my xbox's started to sound very loud for a couple of seconds after that was fine. is this something that should concern about or it is...
  3. Xbox One S fan loud noise / vibrating noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S fan loud noise / vibrating noise: I am typing this to help some people out if they were having the same problem. My Xbox One S was making a vibrating noise that I thought was my fan spinning fast. I then tried to fix the problem...
  4. Fan Noise from XBox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fan Noise from XBox One S: Hi all! I have an XBox One S that I purchased from Amazon in December 2016 (when they did they Battlefield One bundle). It runs just fine and always has although I haven't used it a ton, but it...
  5. Fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fan noise: Xbox one x is buzzing is that normal 1729054d-5828-4fb5-8a64-28846eb484b0
  6. Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console): Ho, i just got a brand new Xbox one s, beautiful game, but i notice a anoing noise apparently on fan, like a bee noise, this noise is not all right l, my old Xbox 360 never did noise, also my ps3...
  7. Weird Clicking Noises Caused By The Fan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Clicking Noises Caused By The Fan?: Hi everyone, I recently bought and Xbox One S 1TB and I am experiencing some troubles I believe with the fan. First of all the xbox is producing a loud clicking sound even when no game is...
  8. Xbox one S fan weird chirping noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S fan weird chirping noise?: Hello all lately I have been having this weird chirping noise coming from my xbox one fan. Thing is during the morning I don't hear it, in the after noon I don't hear it but then at nighttime I...
  9. Xbox One S's fan makes mindblowing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S's fan makes mindblowing noise: The noise's coming from the fan. This noise is constant. Crackling. The seller tells that the situation is normal - the fan spins, the heat removes - but i think not! So seller is not goin' to...
  10. Help, Fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help, Fan noise: There is something wrong with the fan in my brand new Xbox Gives me a headache... definitely a bad fan What do I do about it? Don't tell me to place it in a place of good ventilation, or to not...