Xbox One S - Fan Seems to be on full

Discus and support Xbox One S - Fan Seems to be on full in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This morning while my Xbox One S was in standby, the fan seem to be running 100%. I've tried unplugging, waiting 2 mins, plugging back in. As soon as I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StevefromCanada, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Xbox One S - Fan Seems to be on full

This morning while my Xbox One S was in standby, the fan seem to be running 100%. I've tried unplugging, waiting 2 mins, plugging back in. As soon as I plug it in, the fan spins up 100% again for about 5 secs or so and then spins down. But once I power
    it on, it spins up to 100% again right away and stays that way.

If I go to settings, power off, the fan keeps running even after it's powered off. That must be like sleep because it boots up quickly when powered on. But even when "off" the fan is running 100%. Only if I go to settings, power, full power off, does
    the fan spin down.

I've also tried a soft reset, applied the update and fan is running 100% the whole time.

I bought my One S Dec 2017, so it's out of warranty. Anyone have an idea if this is something I can resolve myself or is something defective? Is this something chronic like 360 red ring? Would MS fix for free as an exception?

This console is hardly used, so would be disappointed if something has broken to cause this to happen.

Thanks.

:)

StevefromCanada, Aug 16, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Steve

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing hardware difficulties with your console.

As per what you described, your best bet would be to follow the advise provided by

wi7bit
    . Now, the service center will attempt to repair the device first, and if they are unable to repair it, then they will replace the machine for you.

This is really the only other bit of info we can provide for you, as there is no longer any additional troubleshooting techniques that we would be able to recommend to you, due to this being hardware related.

We will now be locking this post. If you have any other questions or concerns, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  3. wi7bit Win User

Guys...

As the original poster mentioned, it runs at full speed as soon as it's turned on. This is not an indication of a clogged up console.

If it can't cool down, the speed would increase over time. Not at power on.
  4. Christyna64 Win User

Are the vents plugged, is the system getting plenty of ventilation?
  5. choppyseize Win User

You may want to wipe down the outside and make sure it's getting proper ventilation. I would also check what power saving options you have it set to. It could be updating things while powered off.
  6. GroundOregano94 Win User

Maybe is full of dust and can't get enough air? Before repair try to clean it.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Fan Seems to be on full - Similar Threads - Fan Seems full

2. New X1s ticking fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    New X1s ticking fan: I think I've posted about this issue before with a previous Xb1s that I owned. So, I've had 4 of them and they've all had to be returned due to the same issue. From different stores as well. I'm...
  3. Microsoft Rewards Quest Gears of War Ultimate Fan Giveaway

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Rewards Quest Gears of War Ultimate Fan Giveaway: While I realize I don't really have a snowballs chance in H3ll of winning, I can't get this +1 to pop. I've been playing Gears Ultimate Edition and have unlocked 6 Achievements in the past 14...
  4. Microsoft Rewards App Gears Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Rewards App Gears Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes: There's a quest in the rewards app to unlock an achievement in any Gears game and be a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber to get entered into a Gears Ultimate fan sweepstakes. Im from North America...
  5. Xbox One S ticking sound from fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S ticking sound from fan: I posted here earlier about an issue with my OG Xbox One. But, this is about a seperate issue to do with my One S. Because of the ahem, "fault", with my Xbox One, I bought an S. I've had 2 and...
  6. Lifelong Xbox Fan

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lifelong Xbox Fan: I have always used Xbox since the original despite only being 19. I have been a strong advocate over the years and remained loyal to the brand. That said, too often do I get error codes due to...
  7. Xbox One S fan loud noise / vibrating noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S fan loud noise / vibrating noise: I am typing this to help some people out if they were having the same problem. My Xbox One S was making a vibrating noise that I thought was my fan spinning fast. I then tried to fix the problem...
  8. Full shutdown Xbox one s and fan continue working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Full shutdown Xbox one s and fan continue working: Hi.i have a Xbox one s.i changed power option from instant mod to energy saving.now when i shutdown my xbox one s and consol goes shutdown . console fans working very slowly.after this shutdown if...
  9. Fan Noise from XBox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fan Noise from XBox One S: Hi all! I have an XBox One S that I purchased from Amazon in December 2016 (when they did they Battlefield One bundle). It runs just fine and always has although I haven't used it a ton, but it...
  10. XBOX One X (Scorpio) Weird Fan Issue Since Last Update

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX One X (Scorpio) Weird Fan Issue Since Last Update: Ok so I obviously have a weird screw face question here ... Since the last alpha ring update I've got a weird issue with my XB1X, when I put it into standby mode at night to go to sleep,...