XBox One S Freezing and Crashing to Home Screen.

Discus and support XBox One S Freezing and Crashing to Home Screen. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can someone please help me with this issue that has recently started on my XBox One S ? About two weeks ago, I started having an issue with my XBox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DJMilli, Jun 30, 2020.

1. DJMilli
    DJMilli Guest

Can someone please help me with this issue that has recently started on my XBox One S ?

About two weeks ago, I started having an issue with my XBox Freezing and then Crashing to the home screen during gameplay, it was happening after about 40-50 minutes of play when playing the likes of Fortnite and doing the same when I tried Playing Sea of
    Thieves also.

It seemed to take longer to crash, or not crash at all when playing the likes of Minecraft or Roblox.

I wondered if it was maybe overheating, but was getting no messages to suggest that was the case.

Also I think I’ve tried every kind of troubleshooting available, from resetting the resolution settings and clearing the cache right up to resetting the Console both with and without saving my games and apps.... and the issue only seems to be getting worse,
    now I’m lucky if I can get into play a game at all for more than a couple of minutes.

Has anyone had this issue and actually solved it? And if so please tell me how.

Or has anyone had this issue and been able to determine whether it was a much bigger issue such as a Corrupt Hard Drive or even an issue with the Graphics Processor or even the Main CPU?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

:)

DJMilli, Jun 30, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nore2nv Win User

innternet explor

Edge keeps crashing when watching videos , after ten minutes it will freeze and send me back to the home screen. I'm using an Xbox one s and I'm having these issues ? Why haven't this been addressed yet
  3. MrFalcon Win User

Games randomly crash and return to dashboard

Titanfall does this sometimes. Makes a loud buzz and freezes for 10 seconds then crashes to the home screen. I doubt it's the publishers, seems like xbox is the one to blame.
  4. MadCheese1337 Win User

Brand new Xbox one s crashes and restarts or turns off

same on my one s, resets after starting a game, dashboard home crashes, if I was in the store home screen crashes and pressing guide bitton results in a errorcode being shown with no real cure except for a gard reset of the box...

I switched from a vanilla xbox one to the s due to hardware failure and noq this crap...
  5. DJMilli Win User

UPDATE: I have replaced the 500gb HDD with a new 1tb SSHD, got everything up and running, downloaded a few games to test. Started up the first game (Sea Of Thieves), and still crashed, exactly as it did before. No further forward.

So I can only conclude that the issue is related to a fault on the motherboard or a faulty GPU/CPU chip, which I wont be able to fix.

So, in less than 4 years my Xbox is no longer useable and I’m left with having to work out a way to find a new games console for my Son. But hey, just been made redundant by work partly due to the Covid-19 virus, maybe i’ll be able to use some of that redundancy
    pay to buy a new console and hope it doesn’t have the same issues Gutted, absolutely Gutted!!!! 😢
  6. PrymeTyme37 Win User

I recommend making sure that the fan on your xbox isn't blocked or corroded. This can cause your Xbox to overheat which may lead to your console freezing. Make sure the internals are clean using a microfiber cloth or an air duster.
Thema:

1. XBox One S Freezing and Crashing to Home Screen. - Similar Threads - Freezing Crashing Home

2. Resident Evil 6 Online Crashing and Freezing On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident Evil 6 Online Crashing and Freezing On Xbox One: I can't access the online portion of the game or play online coop on the campaign, i've tried re downloading the game and clearing my cache aswell as removing my account and resetting my console...
  3. Jump Force keeps freezing/crashing during story, can't advance, help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump Force keeps freezing/crashing during story, can't advance, help please: Playing Jump Force on Xbox One X, on chapter 10 for story, at cinematic where Vegeta is talking to Sasuke in New York map against venoms, once the cinemtatic finishes, it goes to now loading, but...
  4. Game keeps crashing and freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps crashing and freezing: Hiya i brought wwe 2k20 brand new and the game keep glitching and freezing i have tried a diffrent disk also had the same issue what could this be? Many thanks 8e7124fd-26c1-491a-8a30-c941b2c31fe0
  5. Xbox one keeps Freezing and crashing games!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps Freezing and crashing games!: Okay so since yesterday my console has been freezing and crashing games. I have tried hard resetting it for about 5 times now and also opened my Xbox cleaned the internals and the fan this helped...
  6. Xbox Insiders App: Xbox One S Freezing/Crashing

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders App: Xbox One S Freezing/Crashing: My Console as of today started crashing when trying to launch Modern Warfare.... sad day. submitted by /u/-IAlphaReturns7x [link] [comments]
  7. Borderlands 3 freezing and crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Borderlands 3 freezing and crashing: Hello, I have been trying to play Borderlands 3 and the in the middle of playing with friends, the game will freeze and then send me to tbe xbox home screen. I downloaded this game when it first...
  8. Game crashed to home after freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game crashed to home after freezing: so im trying to play a game but cant get past the menu as it freezes then crashes to dashboard it only does it on my account. ive rebooted the xbox, reinstalled the game, cleaned the disk. nothing...
  9. Xbox makes loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, freezes, then crashes back to the home screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, freezes, then crashes back to the home screen.: It doesn't matter what game I'm playing because it has happened on a few different ones but whenever I'm playing the game freezes and the loud buzzing starts in for about 5 seconds then the...
  10. Ongoing home screen freezes, app crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ongoing home screen freezes, app crashes: I have had the COD: AW 1 TB HDD Xbox One since the system first came out. There have been sporadic issues since the beginning that have started to become more common. I've tried to come up with as...