Xbox One S installed games disappear every time console restarts

Discus and support Xbox One S installed games disappear every time console restarts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is for my friend really, he doesn't have access to other devices and what not. He has an Xbox One S that keeps erasing games/apps after it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bumm One, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bumm One
    Bumm One Guest

This is for my friend really, he doesn't have access to other devices and what not.

He has an Xbox One S that keeps erasing games/apps after it restarts.

Xbox firmware update? Games deleted.

Power outage? Games deleted.

Is this a hard drive issue? Can this be worked around by using an external HDD?

:)

Bumm One, Oct 29, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Sorry to hear that issue, it's absolutely the first time I hear that.

It's strange! If you have an external HDD USB 3.0 and 256+GB you can try to put games on it and see if will be deleted on restart, by the way, also in case this works, is a workaroung, not a solution because it's not normale that.
  3. Sipuli91 Win User

Painfully slow download of games

I've read a few other reports of slow install times. Seems to be something a cold boot fixes but hopefully it won't be a reoccuring issue which requires you to restart the console pretty much every time you are installing a game.

Oh and OP, are the reports of the console running quite warm accurate in your case?
  4. PhilMarck Win User

Game Install...What's the Purpose?

bashmeister @ Just install the ones you play as it's pointless to install every single one. It makes the console run quiet and the game's loading times are faster.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox slow read from disc?

Hi

Please try carrying out a full console power cycle by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds and once the console has powered down restart the console and then restart installing the game. Please don't
    forget that when you are installing a game it will probably also be installing game updates from the Xbox servers at the same time and this might be part of the reason for the slow installation.
  6. Warlock8713 Win User

Having some issues?

To clarify, the game install and download didn't finish installing it froze up everything. I had to hold to power button to restart it. Then the external hard drive disappeared and the issues started.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S installed games disappear every time console restarts - Similar Threads - installed games disappear

2. Xbox live gold game disappearing from ready to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live gold game disappearing from ready to install: Hey, I got Anthem and Battlefield 5 for free with xbox live gold a few months back and now they are gone, when I go to the store it says that I have to buy them which is ridiculous and no its not...
  3. How to reinstall a game that's disappeared from my "ready to install " games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reinstall a game that's disappeared from my "ready to install " games.: Hi all, my Black ops 2 has disappeared from my 'ready to install' on my xbox one s. Anyone know how to retrieve it? 3b1e1cd1-63f8-43f4-9015-05739ba8a80e
  4. Games disappearing from Ready to install list

in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing from Ready to install list: I noticed that the game Forza Horizon 2 has disappeared from my list of games and is already the second time this happens to me (I never created a group with this game). I took a look at the list...
  5. Games keep disappearing from Ready to Install

in XboX Insiders
    Games keep disappearing from Ready to Install: I'm in the Delta program. And I keep having games disappear from my Ready to Install, 6 in total over the last month. Spoke to support this morning because 4 games vanished last night by...
  6. Bought and installed game disappearing from Games and Apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought and installed game disappearing from Games and Apps: So it's been a year or two after I bought the game Don't Starve Together, and I go to launch it today but it says that I need a disc or to re-buy it. I went into the Ready to Install section and...
  7. Games disappearing from Ready to install and making me repurchase games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games disappearing from Ready to install and making me repurchase games: Today i decided to redownload the game For Honor and i couldnt find it in my ready to install, so i go the to microsoft store and search the game, but when i found the game, it wants me to...
  8. Xbox Games Disappearing from Ready To Install List

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Games Disappearing from Ready To Install List: I've been seeing the same thread everywhere dating back to 2016-17 but with no legit solution. The subject of thread pretty much explains the issue. Xbox games are disappearing from the ready to...
  9. If your game install/update disappeared after taking the latest system update and you are ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If your game install/update disappeared after taking the latest system update and you are ...: If your game install/update disappeared after taking the latest system update and you are receiving error code 0x80270300 when trying to launch a game, we've got you covered! To get this issue...
  10. Games and apps disappeared from my Installed list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games and apps disappeared from my Installed list: My Games and apps have disappeared from my ' Installed ' List but under the games i have put in 'Group' I can play them from there. Anyone know the reason why? 69ad33c0-6f83-4c6f-9218-cc706fe800e3