Xbox One S into Surge Protector

Discus and support Xbox One S into Surge Protector in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been using my xbox one s for a while plugged into a surge protector, but I just read that microsoft recommends plugging xbox one s into wall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elite Wheels, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Elite Wheels
    Elite Wheels Guest

I've been using my xbox one s for a while plugged into a surge protector, but I just read that microsoft recommends plugging xbox one s into wall instead of using a surge protector. I've never had any issues with the power on the xbox not turning on or
    anything. Since this is the case can I continue using the surge protector, or would there be any other reason to switch to a wall outlet? And since the S has a built in surge protector, exactly how many joules does it protect it from?

:)

Elite Wheels, Sep 6, 2019
  2. MaximumExtreme Win User

No power to Xbox1.

if you have a xbox one s console make sure it's not plugged into a surge protector because there is a surge protector built in so there is no need for an additional surge protector. If it's not a S console then I would try a different outlet just to make
    sure it's if it's the console or the outlet your using.
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Surge protector

The surge protector is already built in.

Whether you have the power brick on the original Xbox One or the One S or upcoming X. The PSU also doubles as a surge protector.
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox One S Randomly shutting off

If your console is plugged into a surge protector then unplug the power cord and plug it into an outlet. The xbox one s console has a built in surge protector so no need to plug it into one.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

My controller keeps disconnecting!

Hi Clement,

Make sure your console is plugged directly into a wall outlet. Plugging the console into a surge protector or ext.. cord will cause issues over time with the Xbox. The Xbox one S and X have a surge protector inside, the Xbox one has a surge protector in
    the brick.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One crashes when starting a game from instant-on mode

Hello Godpuncher

Yea it is not recommended to use a surge protector/multi-plug.. If at all possible its best to plug directly into the wall. On original Xbox one there is a surge protector in the Power supply. On the Xbox one S & X there is an internal surge protector.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum team
Thema:

1. Xbox One S into Surge Protector - Similar Threads - Surge Protector

2. My xbox one x is turning off it is 11 months old well vented not using surge protector .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one x is turning off it is 11 months old well vented not using surge protector .: Some games are bricking the console this has been annoying from first day purchase and now borderlands 3 is a gamble for this game frequently turns off xbox x or plays until it doesnt . IF this is...
  3. Plugging xbox one s into surge protector

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plugging xbox one s into surge protector: Hi, I would Like to know if my Xbox one S can get damaged if I plug it into a surge protector. The wall socket is too far, so I have to plug it into a surge protector. So far, everything works...
  4. Does the Xbox one under-perform while using an external surge protector?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox one under-perform while using an external surge protector?: There seems to be two schools of thought on whether or not to plug the xbox ones into a surge protector or not due to possible under-performance. Does the console actually under-perform if it...
  5. Xbox one x have surge protector, but can it be damaged from hdmi from TV that dosnt have?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x have surge protector, but can it be damaged from hdmi from TV that dosnt have?: Hi! I didnt know it was important to have a surge protector that can protect the xbox from power outage in the house, that u can get power spikes when the power return. The question is if the...
  6. Xbox One S In Surge Protector/Extension cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S In Surge Protector/Extension cable: Hi, I have an Xbox One S, and have read that Microsoft recommend plugging the console directly into the wall outlet rather than a surge protector (as it has its own surge protection built in and...
  7. Surge protector

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surge protector: I've been using a surge protector for a long time and someone just told me that I'm not supposed to do that. I haven't had any problems since I've been using though. What should I do?...
  8. Did i ruin my Xbox? Plugged it into surge protector.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did i ruin my Xbox? Plugged it into surge protector.: hey everyone I bought the one s a week ago been working great its just i found out ur not soposed to use instant on mode while plugging in your Xbox into a surge protector it needs to be plugged...
  9. Surge protector or no with the Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surge protector or no with the Xbox One S?: I know the Xbox One reccomended not using a surge protector because of the power supply but now that's its internal on the S should I be using one? 0ff86799-1f14-469b-ac4c-171eb58a0511
  10. Surge Protector?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surge Protector?: Does Xbox 360 have a built-in search protector?? 8ca356c3-0176-4f84-aea1-7dff4b2d88d7