Xbox One S is not compatible with Kinect Sensor

Discus and support Xbox One S is not compatible with Kinect Sensor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased my daughter an Xbox One S ($200) for Christmas along with 3 games. The one she wanted the most was Just Dance 2018 ($40), and she wanted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrabbyFlyer5449, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Xbox One S is not compatible with Kinect Sensor

I purchased my daughter an Xbox One S ($200) for Christmas along with 3 games. The one she wanted the most was Just Dance 2018 ($40), and she wanted Xbox specifically because a neighbor has Xbox One with Kinect and she thinks that is the coolest that it
    can sense your dance moves. So, I did not realize until Christmas Day when installing the console and putting in the game that a Kinect Sensor was required (an additional add-on component, $85) so I purchased it. Then, when attempting to set it up, through
    much frustration found out that it only plugs into the Xbox One original console, not the S. An adaptor is required. Again, many hours later, found out EVERYONE is sold out, it is usually $39.99 and the only available on Ebay were selling for $250. So,
    I decide, I'll just return the S and buy the regular Xbox One. No, they are not available except used, Microsoft stopped making them.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO????????

expensive, frustrating, disappointing Christmas

:)

CrabbyFlyer5449, Jan 4, 2018
  2. Kinect for Windows v2 sensor and Xbox One S

If the Kinect for Windows V2 sensor was not compatible with the original Xbox One, I would not expect it to be compatible with the Xbox One S as well.

This seems to be more of a business/development-oriented Kinect sensor, intended to be connected to a Windows computer only -- not exactly the same as any other retail Kinect sensor you'll find in stores.

Internet Expert, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Nixe Ahn
    Nixe Ahn Guest
    Kinect for Windows v2 sensor and Xbox One S

Hello,

I've bought a Kinect for Windows sensor v2 when it was released something like two year ago. I think this sensor was not compatible with Xbox One. Afterward Microsoft decide to stop selling this device and provide an adapter for the Kinect for Xbox One to
    make it compatible with Windows PC.

I'm thinking to buy an Xbox One S console and I would like to know if someone know if the Kinect for Windows is compatible ?? I know that the Kinect for Xbox One is compatible with Xbox One S with the help of an adapter which is exactly the same as the one
    for PC.

So connecting my Kinect for Windows sensor v2 is not an issue (USB 3.0 port on the rear face of the console), but will it work ???

Thanks for you help!

Nixe Ahn, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Xbox One S is not compatible with Kinect Sensor

Microsoft discontinued production of the USB Kinect adapter recently, which is why scalpers are posting them for inflated prices on places like eBay or Amazon.

The only way to play Kinect games on your Xbox One S is to either get an adapter from these third-party resellers, or find a used original Xbox One console.

Internet Expert, Jan 5, 2018
  5. Zero_requiem
    Zero_requiem Guest
    you are not helpful at all replying with this gunk in every Kinect complaint thread

Zero_requiem, Jan 6, 2018
  6. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Internet Expert is providing accurate information. It may not be the answer you're looking for but it is correct.

I would add that Microsoft not only discontinued the Kinect adapter but the Kinect sensor itself.

You can voice your feature request here -
    https://xbox.uservoice.com

HAZMAT RADIO, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Internet Expert Win User

Kinect for Windows v2 sensor and Xbox One S

If the Kinect for Windows V2 sensor was not compatible with the original Xbox One, I would not expect it to be compatible with the Xbox One S as well.

This seems to be more of a business/development-oriented Kinect sensor, intended to be connected to a Windows computer only -- not exactly the same as any other retail Kinect sensor you'll find in stores.
  8. Tronder 007 Win User

Xbox 360 Kinect and Xbox s

if you mean the 360 Kinect sensor the the answer is NO! It's not compatible with any of the Xbox One models.. You need the Xbox one Kinect sensor.. unfortunately both the Kinect sensor for the Xbox One and the Sensor You would need to use the sensor with
    the One S ((and the One X) as both the One S and One X lacks the kinect sensor port) has been discontinued by M$, dont' know about awailability of the Xbox One sensor from reputable retailers, but the adapter is sold out and is only awailable form places like
    EBay and similar at "blackmail" prices
  9. XBF Amber M Win User

Question on Kinect

10. RandyAU93 Win User

Which Kinect games are backward compatible with xbox one x

No Xbox 360 games that require the Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor are back-compatible. All Xbox One titles that require or use Kinect for Xbox One will work with Xbox One X provided the user has the required Kinect Adapter for Xbox One S/X models.
  11. Internet Expert Win User

Kinect One for Xbox 360

I think the Xbox One and Xbox 360 Kinect sensors use completely different, proprietary connectors, so compatibility between the Xbox One Kinect Sensor and the Xbox 360 sensor is not there, and there would be no special adapters available as well.
Thema:

Xbox One S is not compatible with Kinect Sensor

1. Xbox One S is not compatible with Kinect Sensor - Similar Threads - compatible Kinect Sensor

2. Xbox 360 kinect compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 kinect compatibility: i have questions about the original Xbox 360 kinect software for windows 10 do i use the new versions or the old versions of the SDK Programs? i have the Xbox 360 Kinect ***Moved from: Windows...
  3. Kinect Sensor Compatibility with Android devices

in XBoX on Mobile
    Kinect Sensor Compatibility with Android devices: Hey guys, so I have been trying to find an answer to this question but no one seems to have tried to do the same thing that I want. I want to connect my Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor to my phone or...
  4. Which Kinect games are backward compatible with xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which Kinect games are backward compatible with xbox one x: Which Kinect games are backward compatible with xbox one x? Is there a list available? 38eed08d-59d3-4299-a6e7-ce0eb599309c
  5. Phone app compatible kinect games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Phone app compatible kinect games: Hi, my aunt Baught my young children Xbox one s for Christmas expecting them to buy kinect games to play such as dance game, tennis etc. She didn't know about the kinect adapter situation at the...
  6. Xbox one S Kinect not compatible???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one S Kinect not compatible???: Hi, Just wanted to express my frustration on Microsoft Xbox one s, I bought for a Xmas present for my daughter. The game she wanted to play is Just dance, danced on lots of videos posted on you...
  7. Discontinued Kinect adapter means microsoft lies about compatability

in XBoX on Consoles
    Discontinued Kinect adapter means microsoft lies about compatability: Here are the "benefits" of upgrading to an xbox one s according to Microsoft. Note under accessories it says ALL From the support website:...
  8. Xbox One X Supposed to be fully Backwards Compatible False advertising. How About Kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Supposed to be fully Backwards Compatible False advertising. How About Kinect?: As most of you Xbox One X owners are aware, Microsoft are advertising the Xbox One X as is everything being compatible with Xbox One. So what about the Kinect. Unless you don't have an adapter,...
  9. Older Kinect adapter for windows model number 1637 compatible with Xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Older Kinect adapter for windows model number 1637 compatible with Xbox one S?: Hi, Is the older Kinect adapter for windows, (model number 1637), compatible with the Xbox One S? Thank you, Joel a3d490dc-295e-48fa-a486-cd1b40de3d7c
  10. Kinect not backwards compatible with Xbox One - Xbox One S - really sucks!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect not backwards compatible with Xbox One - Xbox One S - really sucks!: Really displeased with Xbox One at present. I was going to upgrade my Xbox One to an Xbox One S - but I think at the moment I'll stick with my Xbox One and upgrade my PS4 instead. The main...