Xbox one S low resolution mode

Discus and support Xbox one S low resolution mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi has anyone had issues with a new xbox one S only working in low resolution mode? All trouble shooting options have been tried with with a hard reset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FaZeTfueKiddo, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Xbox one S low resolution mode

Hi has anyone had issues with a new xbox one S only working in low resolution mode? All trouble shooting options have been tried with with a hard reset and update but whenever 720p or 1080p is changed the screen goes blank and no signal message appears

thanks Sharon

:)

FaZeTfueKiddo, Oct 25, 2019
  2. NasifK Win User

Check the wires for any tears or rips, you may need to get them replaced.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, try changing the HDMI output option from Auto Detect to HDMI, then go back to the video output menu and try selecting 1080p. If the HDMI output is already set at HDMI then try changing that to Auto Detect.
  4. Orokana Yurei Win User

Have you tried changing the hdmi cable or plugging it into a different hdmi socket on the TV, sometimes that can fix issues like this.
    I agree with StuartATrueRed. Cables can go bad, however also try re-seating the cable to make sure if did not simply get pulled loose. My Xbox is on my desk at home and is often disturbed by moving things around, excited game play, or by those mischievous
    cats that like to see what I am yelling at and then assist in killing the threat.

Also if your TV needs and has not been checked for firmware updates I would suggest doing that. I personally check for updates on my TV anytime Xbox has an update just in case there are changes in one that might affect the other.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Have you tried changing the hdmi cable or plugging it into a different hdmi socket on the TV, sometimes that can fix issues like this.
  6. FaZeTfueKiddo Win User

Hi thanks everyone for the useful advice all these have been tried and unsuccessful although changing from auto detect to hdmi worked briefly for a few seconds then no signal - i tried on 3 different tv’s with numerous cables and now i can’t even get a
    picture on low resolution so now I’ve decided it must have a fault so will have to take it back !!
Thema:

1. Xbox one S low resolution mode - Similar Threads - low resolution mode

2. Xbox one S resolution is low as possible

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one S resolution is low as possible: I turned on my Xbox for the first time today and the resolution is now stuck at 640x480 and it will no longer accept 4k HDR 10. Last night it was working just fine but all I can do now is force it...
  3. Crackdown 2 low resolution

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crackdown 2 low resolution: As you may know, Crackdown (the first game in the series.) has been Xbox One X enhanced. I thoroughly enjoyed replaying the first Crackdown in 4k. The graphics have aged very well and the bump in...
  4. Xbox one x lock on low resolution mode, no 720p & 1080 accepted since two days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x lock on low resolution mode, no 720p & 1080 accepted since two days: Please help me my xbox one x dont want accept since 2 days 720p and 1080p resolution on my screen. Its not the hdmi cable and tv faults cause i used it on a second xbox and its run perfectly....
  5. Reset Xbox One S to low screen resolution, now cannot got to 720 o 1040

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Xbox One S to low screen resolution, now cannot got to 720 o 1040: I had no HDMI signal, then reboot with dual button option, and it worked.. green screen now shows. The console booted and got games/data, but not able to go back to high resolution. (just 640...
  6. Xbox one s stuck in low resolution mode 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s stuck in low resolution mode 640x480: My Xbox one s is stuck in low resolution mode 640x480 since the last update... Every time I try to change it, the screen goes blank then comes on again after a few seconds.. It used to be fine...
  7. Xbox One S does not leave the screen low resolution 640 x 480p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not leave the screen low resolution 640 x 480p: I was a happy player, I had fun on Live, but the Xbox One S, SN °. 127005662548 started to give problems in the resolution of the video, does not leave the low resolution 640 x 480p, it was after...
  8. Xbox One S Stuck In Low Resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Stuck In Low Resolution: So I've been using my Xbox for quite a while and it has now decided to test my patience once again.. I got the black screen of death/no signal and managed to get it on in low resolution mode like...
  9. low resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    low resolution: I cant boot my xbox in low res mode with the power/eject button therefore i have no way to fix my xbox with no picture on startup. i have a useless white box, please help....
  10. Microsoft should check kiosks at GameStop - they are setting the resolution low on the tv ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should check kiosks at GameStop - they are setting the resolution low on the tv ...: I just bought forza Motorsport 5 at GameStop in Santa clarita, CA. before leaving I tried the Xbox one kiosk running the forza 5 demo. It looked very disappointing. I felt like returning the game...