Xbox one s making ticking noise when off

Discus and support Xbox one s making ticking noise when off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello so i recently bought an xbox one s and i recently realized that it makes a ticking noise while its off and i do have it in energy saving mode.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by colebennett1, Sep 26, 2019.

1. colebennett1
    colebennett1 Guest

Hello so i recently bought an xbox one s and i recently realized that it makes a ticking noise while its off and i do have it in energy saving mode. Its sounds just like this one in the video it does not bother me at all i just wanted to know if it was normal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HzV4U1LJuO0

:)

colebennett1, Sep 26, 2019
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Weird Noise coming from Power Brick

My issue is that the fan ticks. The console is set up in a bedroom. When everything is turned off (or on standby), I hear this fast "tick, tick, tick" from the Xbox One PSU. I specifically built my PC to be as close to silent as I could make it, so I can
    even hear the Xbox One PSU ticking over the sound of my PC when that's turned on. I'm not saying that the noise is "loud", because it's not. But any noise that can clearly and constantly be heard when a product is supposedly turned off is not good, especially
    an annoying ticking sound.
  3. colebennett1 Win User

Ok so the sizzle noise coming from the adapter on the back of the console is nothing to worry about? Its very quiet and i can only notice the sizzle when i put my ear up to the back of the console were the power cord goes in. Also is the occasional zap
    or chirp normal? Please note that i am using an xbox one s 1tb console. As i said this console took me a long time to save up for and the games work fine its just these noises that worry me. And im worried if i exchange it (which i cant at the moment because
    its not in stock) im afraid i will get one with a worse problem and loose my data. Also the only noise i hear when its off is the ticking the other noises like the occasional quiet zap and the sizzle from the adapter happens when the console is on.
  4. colebennett1 Win User

The noise does not bother me at all and the xbox is not limited edition i just did not want to lose data and none of the bundle that i got are in stock around me. If the noise does not bother me is it safe to plug in and will this xbox last a while?
  5. colebennett1 Win User

I do have a two year warranty and now i have not dropped it once if there is nothing to worry about i would rather not return it because the bundle i got is not in stock anywhere around me and its a whole ordeal moving data and i could end up with an even
    worse defect as i said everything else works fine its just these noises that i have come across.
  6. colebennett1 Win User

Yes that is an issue that is well known and no there seem to be no negative issues associated with it.
    Are you absolutely positive because i do not want to take any chances? Is it a defect because i can only hear it if i put ear up to it. It only does the noise when it is off in energy saving mode.
Thema:

1. Xbox one s making ticking noise when off - Similar Threads - making ticking noise

2. : Match making

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Match making: : Match making There might also be an issue on the Developer's end. I've known some games that had issues with matchmaking (for example, Sea of Thieves has a big issue at the moment with...
  3. They need to make text bigger

in XboX Insiders
    They need to make text bigger: I started using the xbox streaming app today and I gotta say that they need to make the text in the games slightly bigger I find myself straining trying to read this tiny text also an hour into...
  4. Xbox making a ticking/clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making a ticking/clicking noise: Howdy, So today I turned on my xbox to find its making a ticking/clicking noise. It's never done it before so I was curious and started looking it up. The only things I could find were posts from...
  5. Xbox One X making a whining noise and ticking even when on standby, but not when turned ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X making a whining noise and ticking even when on standby, but not when turned ...: I bought the gold rush edition of the Xbox One X a week ago and when I plugged it in and turned it on the console began making a faint ticking noise. I didn't think this was a big problem so I...
  6. 2Wire: Xbox making ticking noise

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Xbox making ticking noise: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Xbox making ticking noise A problem just arose with my Xbox one. It starts making a ticking noise at random times, mainly when I start my Xbox one up. any tips?...
  7. Xbox one turns on yet won't start up and makes a repeating mechanical ticking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns on yet won't start up and makes a repeating mechanical ticking noise: Hello So turned my Xbox one off last night (using the button as always) then turned it back on this morning (button again) and suddenly it won't start up. It turns on just fine yet there's a...
  8. My Xbox One console is making slight ticking noises? (HDD?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One console is making slight ticking noises? (HDD?): I bought my xbox one console about 8 or 9 months ago, since I've had it it's always made a slight ticking noise (reminiscent of a Windows XP desktop computer loading all the time) that has been...
  9. Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP: I recently purchased both an Xbox One Elite Controller and the Forza special edition controller, to replace my one and only controller that I ended up selling. Upon starting to use the Forza...
  10. Xbox one makes ticking noise while booting and stuck on green loading screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one makes ticking noise while booting and stuck on green loading screen: As you can see from the title my xbox one keeps being stuck on the green loading screen. note that the ticking noise goes away after a little while. Please help. abf19d05-7f2d-4f2d-973d-a6587c5ce6d2