Xbox One S - Media Remote Not Working

Discus and support Xbox One S - Media Remote Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a second-hand Xbox One S off eBay as a temporary replacement for my Xbox One X as it needs to be returned for another repair... ANOTHER!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XBX PureChaosX, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Xbox One S - Media Remote Not Working

I bought a second-hand Xbox One S off eBay as a temporary replacement for my Xbox One X as it needs to be returned for another repair... ANOTHER! Within 6 months of it's previous repair...

Anyhoo, the Xbox itself is working fine, nothing wrong with it. With the exception of the Media Remote. I know 100% that the remote is working (I fired up the X and streamed to my PC and tested the remote)
    so that isn't the issue.

My only guess is that the board with the IR receiver is faulty, but everything else on that board is working fine - Power button, power LED sync button etc. I have done a power cycle several times, with no
    success. Also changed the batteries of course.

I've removed the board in question, but I cannot see anything obvious wrong with it. Looks fine to my eyes. I cleaned it with contact cleaner just in case, but no change.

I'm assuming that all Xbox Ones will work with the Media Remote straight of the box. This being the case, I can only guess that the board is somehow at fault and will have to obtain a new one off eBay or something.

OR... does anyone have any other ideas or theories? Thanks and thanks.

QUICK EDIT: I set up the Xbox to control the TV power when I turn the Xbox on and off. This worked fine, the TV turned off when I turned the Xbox off and vise versa, so the IR part of the Xbox seems to be working perfectly fine. It's just
    the remote refuses to interact with the IR sensor. In other words... it can send but can't receive IR signals.

I may get that PDP Talon media remote.

:)

XBX PureChaosX, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Dol Win User

Xbox One Media Remote

The media remote does work on the Xbox One S, as do all Xbox accessories :)
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there XBX,

Thanks for the reply. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox One S not compatible for the Media Remote. I recommend to try this article for further information:

Xbox One Media Remote

Do you have the controller listed in the article?

Let us know so we may further assist.
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

does the xbox remote work with the xbox one x

5. CyberXenon75 Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Support

It's not just a lack of support for the Xbox One Media Remote. I have a Logitech Harmony Remote that works with the Xbox One and it also doesn't work with the YouTube App. The only device that seems to work with the YouTube app is the controller. It's a
    shame since the Xbox One Media Remote works really well in other apps like Twitch,Crackle and Machinama.
  6. Jack T. Chance Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

If this is the first time you've had/used an Xbox 360 Media Remote, you have to go to System Settings > Remote Control and change the setting from either "Windows Media Center" or "Both" (depending on which version of the Xbox Console you have) to "Xbox
    Remote". For some reason, the default setting is the WRONG one. That's most likely what's causing your remote to not work.

If you ALREADY have it set to "Xbox Remote" and it still doesn't work, you may have a defective remote if it's an official Microsoft Xbox 360 Media Remote.

If it's a 3rd Party remote, made by a different brand, in all likelihood you've wasted your money on a remote that doesn't actually work for the Xbox 360. The only 3rd party remote I recommend and will vouch for is a very hard to find European model, the
    Snakebyte Media Remote. It's the only one that gets good reviews. When I wanted a black Xbox 360 Media Remote with Backlit Keys, I tracked one down on eBay, and I can personally attest that it works every bit as well as the official Microsoft
    remotes. But good luck finding one, they are very scarce right now. I consider myself very lucky to have managed to track one down. ^_^
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Media Remote Not Working - Similar Threads - Media Remote Working

2. media remote doesnt work with latest updates

in XboX Insiders
    media remote doesnt work with latest updates: in skip ahead the remote lights up fine so good battery but nothing registers to the xbox submitted by /u/lcg22 [link] [comments]
  3. Amazon prime app Media remote not working

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon prime app Media remote not working: play, fast forward, stop, etc buttons don't work. submitted by /u/Hoddinski [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi: Since the last update when using the directional buttons on the remote through kodi, the hi-lighted section only moves to the next item if holding the button. It’s as if there is a permanent...
  5. Xbox one media remote volume not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one media remote volume not working: Hi, i have an xbox media remote from my original Xbox one a i purchased a few years ago. I purchased a Xbox one Scropio edition last year and we cant get the volume to work from the media remote....
  6. Xbox One Media Remote doesn't work after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote doesn't work after update: I use my Xbox One as a media station more than as a gaming console, and so more often than not I am using the media remote to control the system. I turned on my console on June 11, 2018 and it...
  7. Media Remote Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Remote Not Working: My xbox one media remote isn't working, can't find any reasons why. Thought it might be the remote so returned it and new one has the same problem. Around a month ago i picked it up and tried it...
  8. Xbox One Media Remote does not work with "cd player"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote does not work with "cd player": My new Xbox One Media Remote works with all apps I've tried so far, but not with your application "Lettore CD" (I assume it's called "cd player" or something like that in english) where the only...
  9. Media remote, holding down buttons no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media remote, holding down buttons no longer works: Hi, Since the March update I've noticed that with my official Xbox Media remote I can no longer hold down any buttons. This makes it a pain when scrolling though OneGuide, and Similarly turning...
  10. Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.: As the title suggests I can't play or pause using my media remote after the most recent update. I believe the button remapping is to blame. How do I roll back this update or update the media...