Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

Discus and support Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset to use with my Xbox One S a few weeks ago. When I first got it it worked fine, but then recently there is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PoisonCatalyst, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

I purchased a Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset to use with my Xbox One S a few weeks ago. When I first got it it worked fine, but then recently there is no microphone able to work on the Xbox.

I tried 4 different controllers, both microsoft and 3rd party and tested the headset on other devices - headset works fine everywhere but no microphones work on the Xbox now.

What could have changed? I went through all settings, all the FAQs here and nothing works. The microphone just is not working. The xbox says there is a headset connected but there is still no microphone.

I can't figure this out and would like some assistance please.

Thanks

-Poison

:)

PoisonCatalyst, Oct 19, 2019
  2. OG Gamer Win User

Xbox microphone not detected

my xbox one s will not detect a microphone even though there is one pluged in. I have tried multiple microphones and two diferent controlers and it still doset work
    have you tried resetting controller and replanting batteries
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Ive connected all controllers via usb and tried updating firmware but they all say they are up to date and no update is required.

sounds obvious but I am sure I am not muted in party chat and I can send text messages just fine
    Even tho you have updated the firmware, run it again; there were two releases back to back. The following links may assist.

Setting up a headset adapter. Also
    Update your controller firmware
    again.

The USB method is my preference.
  4. PoisonCatalyst Win User

Ive connected all controllers via usb and tried updating firmware but they all say they are up to date and no update is required.

sounds obvious but I am sure I am not muted in party chat and I can send text messages just fine
  5. BigMaggyT Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does that give you a better idea?

Thank you.
  6. PoisonCatalyst Win User

This setting doesn't exist - if you could show me screenshots of what you see that would be helpful but I see nowhere where there is an 'audio' setting in the menu.

Also - can connect controller to PC but don't know how to route audio through the controller.

I can use the headset with my phone just fine - can use it to make calls perfectly, the headset is not the problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working - Similar Threads - Microphone Working

2. Microphone not working in my series 2 elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working in my series 2 elite controller: I have been using my elite controller for a few weeks with no problems but today the microphone stopped working in my controller I tried unplugging everything I could and I tried a second mic I...
  3. Recon chat Xbox one microphone not working - new

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recon chat Xbox one microphone not working - new: we just got this head set and had difficulty setting it up so just got it to hear the game now the microphone isn't working,what do I need to to make it work? Oh I've tested it on a smart phone...
  4. My headset microphone quit working. It works fine on my Nintendo so what happened?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset microphone quit working. It works fine on my Nintendo so what happened?: Headset microphone quit working. Works on nintendo so what happened? 92f8cd2e-0773-491a-b6cf-38a68f2b1608
  5. Headset microphone won’t work on Elite 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone won’t work on Elite 2 controller: My son has a new elite 2 controller, his second one in 4 months first one had to get replaced due to serious stick drift. Neither if them had the micorphone able to work with his headsets. His...
  6. Microphone not working on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on party chat: Hi, So my son’s Turtle Beach headset with microphone works fine on his ipad and other devices but for some reason he can hear friends in party chat on his xbox one, but he can’t be heard. So far...
  7. Headset microphone not working for in-game or party chat. (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone not working for in-game or party chat. (Xbox One): I have a PowerA Fusion headset that's not even a year old and for some reason my Xbox One stopped reading the microphone within the last 2 weeks. I can hear well through it, the only problem is...
  8. Right in the middle of my game my microphone stopped working but my headphone continued to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right in the middle of my game my microphone stopped working but my headphone continued to work: My microphone has decided to stop working in the middle of my game, my friends can't hear me anymore but I can still hear them and hear the sound of my games! I have tried with 2 microphone, 4...
  9. microphone is not working on game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    microphone is not working on game bar: hi, I've been trying to get my microphone to work on game bar for months now. My microphone works on every services including the Xbox companion app but still does not work on the game bar when i...
  10. Microphone not working connected to Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working connected to Xbox One Controller: I cannot get the microphone to work via the xbox controller - it was working til around 10 days ago. I am using a Trust GTX 310 Gaming Headset which is connected via the 3.5mm socket on the...