Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

Discus and support Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset to use with my Xbox One S a few weeks ago. When I first got it it worked fine, but then recently there is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PoisonCatalyst, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

I purchased a Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset to use with my Xbox One S a few weeks ago. When I first got it it worked fine, but then recently there is no microphone able to work on the Xbox.

I tried 4 different controllers, both microsoft and 3rd party and tested the headset on other devices - headset works fine everywhere but no microphones work on the Xbox now.

What could have changed? I went through all settings, all the FAQs here and nothing works. The microphone just is not working. The xbox says there is a headset connected but there is still no microphone.

I can't figure this out and would like some assistance please.

Thanks

-Poison

:)

PoisonCatalyst, Oct 19, 2019
  2. OG Gamer Win User

Xbox microphone not detected

my xbox one s will not detect a microphone even though there is one pluged in. I have tried multiple microphones and two diferent controlers and it still doset work
    have you tried resetting controller and replanting batteries
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Ive connected all controllers via usb and tried updating firmware but they all say they are up to date and no update is required.

sounds obvious but I am sure I am not muted in party chat and I can send text messages just fine
    Even tho you have updated the firmware, run it again; there were two releases back to back. The following links may assist.

Setting up a headset adapter. Also
    Update your controller firmware
    again.

The USB method is my preference.
  4. PoisonCatalyst Win User

Ive connected all controllers via usb and tried updating firmware but they all say they are up to date and no update is required.

sounds obvious but I am sure I am not muted in party chat and I can send text messages just fine
  5. BigMaggyT Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does that give you a better idea?

Thank you.
  6. PoisonCatalyst Win User

This setting doesn't exist - if you could show me screenshots of what you see that would be helpful but I see nowhere where there is an 'audio' setting in the menu.

Also - can connect controller to PC but don't know how to route audio through the controller.

I can use the headset with my phone just fine - can use it to make calls perfectly, the headset is not the problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working - Similar Threads - Microphone Working

2. Microphone wont work when webcam is plugged into xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone wont work when webcam is plugged into xbox: My microphone stops working as soon as my webcam is plugged in. Anyone knows how I can use my webcam and still record through my microphone? Logitec c922x and normal headphones is what I use....
  3. Microphone not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working: Hello, i just stared having this problem where my microphone does not work when i try to talk, i can hear other people in game/party chat but they cannot hear me. And its mot only just one...
  4. Turtle beach elite pro headset MICROPHONE NOT WORKING HELP!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle beach elite pro headset MICROPHONE NOT WORKING HELP!!!!: I have been using this 1 year now and all the sudden microphone isn't recognizing this is my setup https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ultimate-elite-pro-headset-bundle?variant=8158477910060...
  5. Microphone not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working.: This is a common issue with a lot of players, but I don’t think I’ve seen this problem specifically. My microphone does not work on my headset, but the audio on my headset does. I have tried all...
  6. Microphone not working. Muted icon.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working. Muted icon.: i have 2 controllers and 3 microphones headsets. When i plug in the headset, you cant hear anything. When you go into the party chat, it shows that they cant find a microphone for these people....
  7. Microphone isn't working. Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone isn't working. Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1: Hello. I have headset Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1 Bass Vibration https://www.trust.com/en/product/22055-gxt-383-dion-7-1-bass-vibration-headset When I connected the headset to PC, headphones and mic was...
  8. Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord: Hello, i have an issue with Gears 5 on PC for steam where it causes my mic to stop working in discord, i can still hear everyone but they cant hear me, the only way to fix this it seems, and its...
  9. Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.: Hello i have been experiencing a lot of issues with game bar audio. And today i discovered that if i don't record my mic the audio is fine but if i record my mic the audio (only game and other...
  10. Microphone headset not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microphone headset not working: Help, my sons headset has just stopped working. I have plugged it in to other devices and it works perfectly, put back on the xbox and nothing. He is getting quite frustrated as i cant seem to fix...