Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly

Discus and support Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I have to either start or restart my Xbox One S console (like, every... single... effing... time...), the system will either get hung on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NismoDrifterNC, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly

Every time I have to either start or restart my Xbox One S console (like, every... single... effing... time...), the system will either get hung on the green screen or (in the rare case the thing ACTUALLY does make it further into booting), a black screen. Sometimes i will get the "E208 0000045D 00000005" error, most times not. But, doing a factory reset is the ONLY way i can get my system to boot correctly whatsoever. I must have had to do this at least 15 times now and it's insanely frustrating. I have followed all troubleshooting suggestions from similar cases on this site multiple times, to no effect.

Suggestions?

:)

NismoDrifterNC, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The main Operating System on an Xbox console is run from the hard drive. By the looks of what you're describing, the hard drive in your console is failing. The only fix is get your console repaired.
  3. telMitusXBM Win User

The game uninstall, but after reboot are back again in the games installed

4. R3d L1n38341 Win User

Xbox One X Freezing, Lagging, Crashing

Have you tried a factory reset and try doing an offline system update ? To me it seems you corrupted the os on the xbox installed to the internal drive. If you interrupted the update. So i suggest doing a fresh system update while offline after a factory reset. Apart from that any change in the boot animation aka the boot logo when you first boot up the xbox. The time it takes to get to the dashboard before and after this happened. That happened to my xbox series s regardless of being in standby and powersaving.
  5. WPAK Win User

Connectivity and crash issues with new Xbox One X

Hi there,

since you mentioned that the console sometimes crashes on boot up I suggest trying to do a factory reset to see how it behaves afterwards.

The console can be reset with keeping games and apps installed, you will however need to Download your profile again, which does require knowing the account credentials.

See this link for more information and the steps on how to perform the Factory reset:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let us know the results
  6. DoWNwRD SPyRaL Win User

How do you factory hardware reset (not through the dashboard)?

You can reset to factory default settings but it is in the system settings so you need to be able to see what you are doing so you can navigate the menus, unlike the low resolution mode boot up. Would be nice if they maybe added a button configuration to
    reset to factory defaults on start up like the low res mode since a few people have had this problem.

Reset to factory defaults
Thema:

1. Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly - Similar Threads - needs factory reset

2. My Xbox One X needed a factory reset but still wouldn't work I got a new Xbox and I'm...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X needed a factory reset but still wouldn't work I got a new Xbox and I'm...: Alright I had a Xbox update error and had to get a new one, my previous main account is permanently banned and I can't add it the new Xbox, now I'm missing 150+ digital purchases and 60 games with...
  3. Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also...: I had finally bought an Xbox Controller/Replacement that worked really well and it had pristine audio on it and it was doing a great job with how it powered my wired headset. Then, I updated the...
  4. Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset: So basically the issue began 2 weeks ago when hulu would not start. The xbox said if the issue continued to do a power cycle, did the hard reset but when it came to the green xbox one screen it...
  5. How many times do i need to factory reset my xbox one console to get my friends list to...

in XboX Insiders
    How many times do i need to factory reset my xbox one console to get my friends list to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MountainDependent324 [link] [comments]
  6. 4 year old Xbox one s constantly needing factory resets.

in XBoX on Consoles
    4 year old Xbox one s constantly needing factory resets.: Ive had this issue with my Xbox One S for almost a year now. If i spend a long time playing games, eventually the dashboard will slow to a crawl and i will be unable to launch any games or apps...
  7. I need help please, been stuck like this for two days. Don't want to factory reset the console.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help please, been stuck like this for two days. Don't want to factory reset the console.: [IMG] submitted by /u/-ThassRezz- [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off: Alright this has been a devolving problem over the last year or so, every time my xbox turns off i have to factory reset it or it just sits on the loading green screen forever. it also often says...
  9. I need some help please! Stuck on this screen no matter what I do. Factory resets haven't...

in XboX Insiders
    I need some help please! Stuck on this screen no matter what I do. Factory resets haven't...: [IMG] submitted by /u/FATstronaut5 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox needs to be factory reset daily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox needs to be factory reset daily: This problem has been happenig for the past couple of weeks where each time i go to turn on my xbox it will have a sluggish interface along with not being able to open any game, doing a hard reset...