Xbox one s never connecting to wired internet or turning off randomly

Discus and support Xbox one s never connecting to wired internet or turning off randomly in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox one s never connecting to wired internet or turning off randomly Hello, try a lookup in your frequency wifi (20, 40, 80 Mhz)... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Dotebro96, May 4, 2019.

1. Dotebro96
    Dotebro96 Guest

Hello, try a lookup in your frequency wifi (20, 40, 80 Mhz)

:)

Dotebro96, May 4, 2019
  2. LOCKLD Win User

Hello, try a lookup in your frequency wifi (20, 40, 80 Mhz)
  3. Andrew Kappel Win User

Dotebro96

I can understand your frustration.

There are a lot of different things it could be, like a bad cable, bad port, mac address blocking etcetera.

I do not know your network setup but here are some things to try.

Test 1

I would first set your Xbox to a static IP with a static DNS.

You will first need to check for an Open IP address on your network.

Note: you can use a phone app like "FING" or PC app "advanced IP scanner"

Example IP setup

Typical home IP address 192.168.1.x or 192.168.200.x

Gateway 192.168.1.1

subnet 255.255.255.0

DNS1 8.8.8.8

DNS2 8.8.4.4

Note:

When you lose connection, do the lights on the switch port go out?

Test 2

Does the Xbox work in Wireless mode?

unplug the network cable and setup the wireless network

Not ideal but still a connection test.

If this works and Test 1 did not, you may have a bad cable or port on your switch, router or Xbox

try a different port or cable or bend your cable a bit on the ends to see if there is a solid connection and the port lights stay on.

Test 3

using your laptop

open up a command prompt

Click start, type in "CMD" hit enter

type "ping 8.8.8.8 -n 100"

run a speed test (speedtest.net) from your laptop at least 3 times.

watch the "ping" and see if there are any time-outs

If there are timeouts then you may have an Internet issue

IPV6 issue:

check your router/modem and make sure IPV6 is on

xbox uses IPv6

Note:

REGK1's information about Unplugging your router for a bit is a great suggestion. Along with the power settings.
  4. REK 1 Win User

You can try a few things and see if any change, try to UNPLUG POWER to CONSOLE and ROUTER, now try to use a different Ethernet Cable, and plug it into a different PORT on ROUTER. Now plug power to ROUTER back in and wait 2 mins, then plug power to
    CONSOLE back in , TURN ON , and SIGN IN, now go to settings, / then power and startup, change the power mode to Energy-Saving mode. Now test out and see if it gets any better.
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Dotebro,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning your Xbox One S console's inability to connect to your home network through an Ethernet connection, or will connect for a short time and then disconnect.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to use our Xbox One networking connection solution support article, as it has a wizard
    meant to guide you on steps that you can try. Be sure to use options for a wired network connection.

Try this for us and then let us know if this helps.

Best wishes!
  6. xClampyy Win User

Zyxel: MAC Filtering

there isn’t an active box. there are disable, allow, or deny boxes though. my xbox was connected to the internet fine then the xbox randomly turned itself off and it won’t connect. i’ve reset the wifi and everything.
Thema:

1. Xbox one s never connecting to wired internet or turning off randomly - Similar Threads - never connecting wired

2. why can I never connect to the server?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can I never connect to the server?: Microsoft should get this problem fixed if they care. Happens every time I try to play. 5fed7d5d-0e22-493a-82a6-a2327ebfd0a7
  3. Huge win lost in Jackpot. Not connection issues. It's just like it never happened.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Huge win lost in Jackpot. Not connection issues. It's just like it never happened.: Hi. I've read that the Jackpot (similar to slot machines or video slot machines) has issues saving coins after winning said coins. It has happened to me exactly one time, and that just happened to...
  4. Xbox One X never connects to Xbox Live on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X never connects to Xbox Live on start up: This has been going on for at least a couple of weeks and happens everytime I turn the console on. It will load to dashboard but say "connect to xbox live" I go to network settings and it has my...
  5. Help I am old and never connected a game console to my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help I am old and never connected a game console to my tv: I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my Emerson tv. I am having problems. I put the set up on video. I plugged in the high speed cable with Ethernet into the hdm1 port in my tv then into my Xbox...
  6. Power light is orange, when connected to console the light goes off. Light never turn white

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power light is orange, when connected to console the light goes off. Light never turn white: If I unplug everything..and then plug in the power supply..the light stays orange..and then when I plug the power cable into the xbox..then goes out completely..the console never even attempts to...
  7. XBOX ONE says I have a ethernet cord pluged in when these NEVER been one connected!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE says I have a ethernet cord pluged in when these NEVER been one connected!: So, for two days now my XBOX ONE S has not been able to connect to the internet. It apparently thinks there's a network cable connected to it even though there isn't one, nor even been connected...
  8. One S never connects to network first boot - always have to restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    One S never connects to network first boot - always have to restart: Hi, Whenever I boot up my One S, it is unable to see my wireless network. I always have to boot up, then restart it, and then it is connected as normal. And I mean every single time, without...
  9. The connection never got any better...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The connection never got any better...: Then the Xbox must be broken.. Now i have tried everything, And nothing seems to work. Now i wont be able to access my pre-ordered game, Overwatch or play my favorite games... Why does this...
  10. wired connection on xbox one never goes any faster than 70 Mbps on a netgear r6300

in XBoX on Consoles
    wired connection on xbox one never goes any faster than 70 Mbps on a netgear r6300: can anyone explain to me why its so *** slow? I prefer wired connections as they cut down on the lost connection while i'm in the middle of a game. i'm suspecting that my Ethernet cable isn't so...