Xbox one S not detected by my TV

Discus and support Xbox one S not detected by my TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello: We have been on xbox one S 1TB version since last one month, purchased it during Christmas sale for my son. He played on it throughout the past... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChessNinja1010, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Xbox one S not detected by my TV

Hello:

We have been on xbox one S 1TB version since last one month, purchased it during Christmas sale for my son. He played on it throughout the past one month just fine. A few days ago, when Live account had a nation wide outage, he ran into issues for obvious
    reasons revokving around the system outage. We waited patiently for a few days now. All his friends say they are up, infact one of his buddy is a few houses down in the same neighborhood, and he is up and running. So we dis some google around and it appears
    that the nationwide outage is now resolved. So we tried to use the xbox but with no luck. Initially, the display was fuzzy, Xbox forums suggested pressing the xbox button for 10 seconds for a hard reset, after the hard reset, we even removed the power button
    from the outlet as well as console and connected it back again after several minutes, yet the TV is blank. I changed the HDMI port to display it but that too did not work, as if there is no signal. Then, we changed the TV and this time the secobd TV does
    not even detect the xbox, as if there is nothing connected. My verizon fios and dvd players are all working fine through the same HDMI wires, just the xbox that is not detected.

Any thoughts why the xbox one S stopped working and the TV does not detect it when the entire setup was working just fine? Now it is close to 40 days since we purchased, as my son just completed the first free Luve Gold membership plus a few days of waiting
    that the problem he is facing is related to the nationwide syatem outage.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions, if any. I hope you can assist me in getting this device up and running aoon. Really frustrating to see that this investment has fone bad in less than 40 days.

:)

ChessNinja1010, Feb 9, 2019
  2. JCSWW Win User

4k problems on xbox one s

I can't get my One S to kick into 4k for anything! All because it wrongfully identifies my TV as not capable of any of it yet I have UHD, 24Hz, and 50Hz enabled in the Advanced options. Whether it's Netflix, the dashboard, or Blu-Ray, my system stays in
    1080p because my TV auto-detects the output resolution. Because of the asinine implementation of how Microsoft detects what the TV is capable of, my XBOX One S is going to get packed up and shipped back to Amazon!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Ninja,

Sorry for the issue with console not being detected. Since you have tried some troubleshooting we recommend doing a

soft factory reset
    . You will not be able to do this through the normal settings so try to pull up troubleshooter this way and select reset console.

Step 2: On your Xbox One console Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds.
    3. Plug the power cord back in.
    4. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console.
    5. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    6. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    7. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.
    8. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    9. When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.
    10. Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console. For additional help, see

Set up your Xbox One console
    Thanks,

Brad
  4. ChessNinja1010 Win User

Hey Brad,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. I followed all steps, downloaded the file on the root of a 4gb NTFS thumb drive, plugged into the front of the console, initially pressed three buttong (bind-eject-xbox) and then the two (bind-eject). Heard two power
    up chirps. Did not see xbox restart. Removed the thumb drive. Powered it off manually, powered it on, saw Xbox One green screen two times flicker for a second, back to the blank screen altogether now. Let me know how to proceed, thanks again! This means
    a lot to my son and I. I hope his christmas savings dont go waste!!
  5. Unreal Warfare Win User

Auto Detect HDMI Input

My TV seems to detect that I am using a Xbox One. Try setting HDMI manually instead of via auto detect.
  6. JCSWW Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

That's the issue right there, Prezdead! My TV auto detects the resolution being put out by the source and sets it accordingly. There is no way to set my TV's HDMI input to display a certain resolution regardless of what the source is putting out. My Android
    box and Roku 4 put out a 4k signal when I enable the resolution they should output is 4k. Unfortunately, The XBOX One S doesn't seem to do that.

When I do the video test on the XBOX One. My TV doesn't even flicker. It just pops up that it failed everything, which is incorrect. If I change the resolution on the XBOX One S to 720p, then it flickers and my TV changes the display to 720p. If I change
    the XBOX One S to display 1080p, then the TV flickers and changes the resolution to 1080p. If I try to change the XBOX One S to display UHD, it does nothing other than go instantly to the failed screen, which states none of the options are supported. Under
    Advanced Video Settings though, I have 24Hz, 50Hz, and UHD 4k checked. the problem is, the XBOX One S is putting out the 4k signal because the test says the TV fails everything and the TV will not disaply in 4k until the TV receives a signal from the XBOX
    One S to display in 4k.
Thema:

1. Xbox one S not detected by my TV - Similar Threads - detected

2. Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections Hi QEmpire, try the following this article:...
  3. External harddrive not detected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External harddrive not detected: I bought my seagate external harddrive 1 month ago. Everything was working fine untill one morning my xbox just couldn't detect it anymore. How do I fix this? 1d843ddd-ae8b-4ebb-a326-6ee02b21e58b
  4. Xbox non rileva le cuffie [Edit - Translation] - Xbox does not detect the headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox non rileva le cuffie [Edit - Translation] - Xbox does not detect the headphones: Buona sera, è da un po' che ormai la mia Xbox non mi rileva le cuffie, appena le inserisco non si sente e non posso parlare, ho provato ad usarle su un pc con Windows 10 con lo stesso Pad e lì...
  5. Xbox One X : "No Signal Detected" to my monitor after turning on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X : "No Signal Detected" to my monitor after turning on console: Hello, I'm unsure if this issue I have is common amongst Xbox users, but I would love some feedback on how I can have it resolved. So my Xbox One X (Scorpio edition) isn't producing any video...
  6. Xbox one controller not detecting headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller not detecting headset: My Stealth 600 wired headset is not being detected when i plug it in my controller. It is working fine until it got undetected while i was using the console but it works perfectly on my laptop. I...
  7. Xbox One headset mic not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One headset mic not detected: Over the past few months my Xbox has not been recognizing my mic on my headset. I've researched several remedies, but not found anything to repair or enable my mic. Yes, my mic works. Controllers...
  8. Controller won't detect headset after firmware update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't detect headset after firmware update: My model 1708 winter forces special edition controller worked fine until i updated the firmware. After i updated the firmware, it won't detect anything plugged in the headphone jack. Is it...
  9. Xbox One can't detect external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One can't detect external hard drive: I had gotten a brand new 4tb gaming hard drive recently. It has already been formatted and had games installed on it. I have been using it for over two weeks and now for some reason my xbox one...
  10. Optical Disk Drive can't detect any disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Optical Disk Drive can't detect any disks: I bought a used Xbox One and it worked perfectly. About 6 months (I've had it for a year now) after I bought it the optical disk drive just stopped working (Watched a Blu-ray movie before bed,...