Xbox one S not detected by my TV

Discus and support Xbox one S not detected by my TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello: We have been on xbox one S 1TB version since last one month, purchased it during Christmas sale for my son. He played on it throughout the past... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChessNinja1010, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Xbox one S not detected by my TV

Hello:

We have been on xbox one S 1TB version since last one month, purchased it during Christmas sale for my son. He played on it throughout the past one month just fine. A few days ago, when Live account had a nation wide outage, he ran into issues for obvious
    reasons revokving around the system outage. We waited patiently for a few days now. All his friends say they are up, infact one of his buddy is a few houses down in the same neighborhood, and he is up and running. So we dis some google around and it appears
    that the nationwide outage is now resolved. So we tried to use the xbox but with no luck. Initially, the display was fuzzy, Xbox forums suggested pressing the xbox button for 10 seconds for a hard reset, after the hard reset, we even removed the power button
    from the outlet as well as console and connected it back again after several minutes, yet the TV is blank. I changed the HDMI port to display it but that too did not work, as if there is no signal. Then, we changed the TV and this time the secobd TV does
    not even detect the xbox, as if there is nothing connected. My verizon fios and dvd players are all working fine through the same HDMI wires, just the xbox that is not detected.

Any thoughts why the xbox one S stopped working and the TV does not detect it when the entire setup was working just fine? Now it is close to 40 days since we purchased, as my son just completed the first free Luve Gold membership plus a few days of waiting
    that the problem he is facing is related to the nationwide syatem outage.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions, if any. I hope you can assist me in getting this device up and running aoon. Really frustrating to see that this investment has fone bad in less than 40 days.

:)

ChessNinja1010, Feb 9, 2019
  2. JCSWW Win User

4k problems on xbox one s

I can't get my One S to kick into 4k for anything! All because it wrongfully identifies my TV as not capable of any of it yet I have UHD, 24Hz, and 50Hz enabled in the Advanced options. Whether it's Netflix, the dashboard, or Blu-Ray, my system stays in
    1080p because my TV auto-detects the output resolution. Because of the asinine implementation of how Microsoft detects what the TV is capable of, my XBOX One S is going to get packed up and shipped back to Amazon!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Ninja,

Sorry for the issue with console not being detected. Since you have tried some troubleshooting we recommend doing a

soft factory reset
    . You will not be able to do this through the normal settings so try to pull up troubleshooter this way and select reset console.

Step 2: On your Xbox One console Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds.
    3. Plug the power cord back in.
    4. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console.
    5. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    6. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    7. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.
    8. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    9. When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.
    10. Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console. For additional help, see

Set up your Xbox One console
    Thanks,

Brad
  4. ChessNinja1010 Win User

Hey Brad,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. I followed all steps, downloaded the file on the root of a 4gb NTFS thumb drive, plugged into the front of the console, initially pressed three buttong (bind-eject-xbox) and then the two (bind-eject). Heard two power
    up chirps. Did not see xbox restart. Removed the thumb drive. Powered it off manually, powered it on, saw Xbox One green screen two times flicker for a second, back to the blank screen altogether now. Let me know how to proceed, thanks again! This means
    a lot to my son and I. I hope his christmas savings dont go waste!!
  5. Unreal Warfare Win User

Auto Detect HDMI Input

My TV seems to detect that I am using a Xbox One. Try setting HDMI manually instead of via auto detect.
  6. ngocphi Win User

XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR

Have you color synced rhe tv correctly?

Have you setup your tv on your xbox one x ? I use s samsung mu6100 4k tv and it detects it fine except for my ps4 pro

Also are you using s 4k cable on the xbox

Gold plated and must be hdmi 1.4 suggested 2.0

Not all cables are created equal

Ksep in mind 4k could be limited to certain slots please refer to your tv manual

Keep in mind when you change ports or cables you MUST run the tv setup wizard each time.to detect new settings if you want hdr supported

If thebprevious cable doesnt support l4k
Thema:

1. Xbox one S not detected by my TV - Similar Threads - detected

2. Fail to detect external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fail to detect external drive: Since Thursday my xbox fails to recgonise my external harddrive and i cant access my games has this happened to anybody else and how do i fix it. Help 3f73c29c-d4e7-4b3b-94e5-03ef6c84a556
  3. Rocksmith cord suddenly not being detected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rocksmith cord suddenly not being detected.: I used Rocksmith last night and it worked fine. A few minutes ago I went to use it again and the Xbox could not detect the guitar. I tried new back-up Rocksmith cords I have and nothing worked....
  4. Windows 10 doesn't detect my new xbox one controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 doesn't detect my new xbox one controller: Hi, i just bought a new controller (xbox one, compatible with bluetooth) but my computer can't see the controller while i try to appair them. But if i use a cable, the controller work well. I try...
  5. Геймпад Xbox One не обнаруживается ПК [Translation - Xbox One gamepad not detectable PC]

in XBoX on Windows
    Геймпад Xbox One не обнаруживается ПК [Translation - Xbox One gamepad not detectable PC]: Первая проблема. Геймпад обнаруживает bluetooth-адаптером (2.0), но при подключении запрашивает PIN, быть которого не должно. ешения на этот вопрос я не нашёл вовсе. Вторая проблема При...
  6. Windows no detecta control pdp [Translate] Windows does not detect PDP control

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows no detecta control pdp [Translate] Windows does not detect PDP control: Me dice que no se reconoce el dispositivo usb [Translate by Mod] Tells Me that the USB device is not recognized fca123b6-3dec-41ef-aaab-3f8e185653d7
  7. Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason: I have always been able to cast from my devices to my Xbox as it is the only device I can do this from. But tonight, when I went to do this the app I always use took ages to searching for a...
  8. Controller doesn’t detect any mic after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn’t detect any mic after update: i recently bought Astro a10s and plugged it in to my controller. i was able to hear game and party but wasnt able to talk so i hard reset,remove batteries from controller,and updated my controller...
  9. Microphone not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not detected: My Xbox One S refuses to detect any microphone on a wired headset. The mic worked fine, now when in a party, the Xbox shows that no microphone is detected. I've tried all of the following...
  10. Xbox One X - After update my controller dosen't detect any headset I plug in and there is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - After update my controller dosen't detect any headset I plug in and there is...: So... yesterday I played GTA V Online, usually I play with headset (HyperX cloud) pluged to controller and in certain moment the update came up. Obviously I made this update and my controller...