Xbox One S not keeping my resolution settings

Discus and support Xbox One S not keeping my resolution settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So my Xbox One S has been working perfectly for some time in 4K, however I noticed that the resolution didn't seem right today so naturally I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JackShaw3, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JackShaw3
    JackShaw3 Guest

Hi,

So my Xbox One S has been working perfectly for some time in 4K, however I noticed that the resolution didn't seem right today so naturally I checked my display settings. In my resolution settings I can see that 4K UHD is there on the list but every time
    I select it and confirm the new settings, it just goes back down to 1080p. Also in the "4K TV Details" box everything has the red unavailable symbol except for Dolby Vision. The TV does support 4K, and it supports it on all 4 HDMI Ports (I have tried using
    all 4 of the ports), I bought it specifically to play in 4K and as I previously mentioned, this has been working fine for a couple of months so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I have had this problem before however it stopped after I bought a High Speed HDMI cable a couple of months back but now its happening again and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

I have performed hard and soft resets on the console and I have gone through the reset settings option and set the console back up and still it won't go higher than 1080p.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

StinkingPanic

:)

JackShaw3, Jan 20, 2021
  2. JCSWW Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

That's the issue right there, Prezdead! My TV auto detects the resolution being put out by the source and sets it accordingly. There is no way to set my TV's HDMI input to display a certain resolution regardless of what the source is putting out. My Android
    box and Roku 4 put out a 4k signal when I enable the resolution they should output is 4k. Unfortunately, The XBOX One S doesn't seem to do that.

When I do the video test on the XBOX One. My TV doesn't even flicker. It just pops up that it failed everything, which is incorrect. If I change the resolution on the XBOX One S to 720p, then it flickers and my TV changes the display to 720p. If I change
    the XBOX One S to display 1080p, then the TV flickers and changes the resolution to 1080p. If I try to change the XBOX One S to display UHD, it does nothing other than go instantly to the failed screen, which states none of the options are supported. Under
    Advanced Video Settings though, I have 24Hz, 50Hz, and UHD 4k checked. the problem is, the XBOX One S is putting out the 4k signal because the test says the TV fails everything and the TV will not disaply in 4k until the TV receives a signal from the XBOX
    One S to display in 4k.
  3. Mister Beep Win User

4K Display issues

Hey there!

Have you gone through the steps and suggestions on our
    Troubleshoot 4K on Xbox One S support page
    ? One of the steps mentioned is setting the TV Resolution on your Xbox One S to 1080p, while ensuring the 'Allow 4K' box is checked within 'Advanced TV' settings. The TV resolution setting is specifically for setting
    how non 4K content is scaled, and will still allow native 4K content to play at 4K on your display.

If the flicker issues persist with native 4K content after setting your TV resolution setting to 1080p, please post back the brand and model number of your 4K display so we can take a deeper look!
  4. Haydong Win User

3D Blu-ray PLayback issues

Set your XBOX One S to 1080p and not 4K, it should work fine.

The XB is attempting to scale the image up to 4K, which makes it an invalid format.

To set your resolution to a lower resolution but switch to 4K when 4K content is played:

1. Open the guide and go to Settings > All settings > Display & sound > Video output and then make sure TV resolution is set to 720p or 1080p.
    2. Select Advanced video settings and make sure Allow 4K is checked.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one-s
  5. vikas_parashar Win User

Xbox Screen appears only for few dialogues boxes

I find my xbox one s working while set on dvi and 640p resolution. But no display on 1080p and hdmi.

Just to add i am using samsung smart 3d tv aand also tested my xbox one s on 2 other displays.. one pc monitor and one more smart tv
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Not a 4K TV - XBox one S will work ?

Since your TV is not 4K, any 4K settings will be disabled
    in the Xbox One S.

As "J3RS3Y DEVIL" mentioned, the Xbox One S will only output up to 1080p, given the circumstances.

Support Article (Resolutions for Xbox One): https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/tv-resolutions
Thema:

1. Xbox One S not keeping my resolution settings - Similar Threads - keeping resolution settings

2. Game keeps disconnecting and saying, "disconnected from xbox live"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps disconnecting and saying, "disconnected from xbox live": I have an xbox series x but whenever i try a game, around 2 minutes in, it disconnects me and tells me that I "disconnected from xbox live". It is basically impossible to play a single game...
  3. Xbox keeps kicking me out of parties and games every 10 to 15 minutes and doesn’t let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps kicking me out of parties and games every 10 to 15 minutes and doesn’t let me...: Im trying to play my games with my friends but it will kick me out of the party and the game but im confused because it will not disconnect me from xbox live and will say my network it fine and...
  4. Do i keep games

in XBoX on Windows
    Do i keep games: If I buy the Gamepass do keep the game I bought? 903c35c4-c0c9-4529-8a15-b97e3f1d3453
  5. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  6. Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox: Hi, this has been an issue for over a year now since i first downloaded Kingdom Hearts 3 and Untitled Goose Game from the gamepass onto my external hard drive. Ive never had an issue downloading...
  7. Xbox One X with random shutdown's keeps getting send back unrepaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X with random shutdown's keeps getting send back unrepaired: Hello, I don't know what to do anymore so I will post my question here. My Xbox One X keeps shutting down randomly. Two times already I sent it in for repairs and got it back with only the...
  8. Xbox series S installation keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S installation keeps stopping: Has this ever happened to anyone? I've been trying to download pc building simulator and the installation stopped at about 90% and it wouldn't resume submitted by /u/UcidGamer [link] [comments]
  9. Fraud on my Amex for Xbox! MS and Xbox--impossible to reach for resolution/refund! I keep

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraud on my Amex for Xbox! MS and Xbox--impossible to reach for resolution/refund! I keep: I have had xbox purchases on my amex card for the past 15 months. I have not been able to reach anyone at at MS or Xbox online or via phone to consult on the issue. I do not use Xbox and the...
  10. Time Warner Cable box resolution keeps changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Time Warner Cable box resolution keeps changing: I just got Time Warner and with the box hooked up to the Xbox the resolution changes from 720p to 480p then back again. The picture also freezes for a second or two when it happens. It doesn't...