Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app

Discus and support Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anybody else still having this issue 1 month and a bit later? It reads my 1TB and 2TB but not my 5TB in media player. submitted by /u/JesseJayy420... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JesseJayy420, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app

Anybody else still having this issue 1 month and a bit later? It reads my 1TB and 2TB but not my 5TB in media player.

submitted by /u/JesseJayy420
    [link] [comments]

/u/JesseJayy420, Oct 7, 2021
  2. sc0ttw-30C54378-94AB Win User

XBOX ONE Media Player no longer finds music on network

Corrected when trying to stream music on my XBOX One from my PC using media player app, I do this because playlists are also playable, the music files are no longer found. Video files and picture files are still able to be streamed. I am wondering since
    the add of music to onedrive and xbox music did they remove the ability to stream music with media player. on another note the media player on the One is awful compared the players on the 360.
  3. Ice DjKilla Win User

Media player app not reading files

4. onyxishere Win User

Media Center PC

Any of the file types that are listed in the second link that I provided can be read by the new media player app.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Bring Windows Media Center Back!

They now have a Media Player app that will read items either from a USB or your computer. Please search the App Store for the Media Player app and install it.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

All movies newly added to my external hard drive won't play on my Xbox one X through the VLC media player or the Microsoft media app.

What type of media files are you trying to play?

Als be aware, that the UWP app version (i.e. the version that runs on Xbox One and Windows 10 from the App store, not the Win32/Mac version you can download from the VLC website) of the VLC Media Player does not support all media formats that
    the Mac/Win32 app supports.
Thema:

Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app

1. Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app - Similar Threads - reading files extHD

2. Forza Horizon Being Read As Blu ray On XSX

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon Being Read As Blu ray On XSX: Hello! I saw a single, year-old post regarding this issue, with no resolution. I was wondering if anyone as seen or heard of a fix since. I’ve tried resetting my Series X, as well as attempting to...
  3. Cant play Apex because of Error Reading Pak file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play Apex because of Error Reading Pak file: Every time i log onto apex legends as soon as the menu screen shows up this error pops up and closes the game. I have tried so many things. Here is the error Error reading pak file...
  4. Problème pour la lecture des fichiers en .Exe.[translation-Problem for reading files in ....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problème pour la lecture des fichiers en .Exe.[translation-Problem for reading files in ....: Bonjour, Je souhaiterai savoir comment lire les fichiers en .Exe qui sont télécharger depuis Internet. Voyez-vous, je veux installer une application que j'ai télécharger sur Internet et je...
  5. Can xbox one read external drives in exFAT format, delete files from them or download new ones ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox one read external drives in exFAT format, delete files from them or download new ones ...: Can xbox one read external drives in exFAT format, delete files from them or download new ones from the Internet? f68074af-48ed-4f11-85b2-36c4ef7b596c
  6. Media player app not reading files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media player app not reading files: so I plug in my usb and show up, but when I open it it say that there is no files found when there are files, I even check my computer just in case something happen with the stuff in my sub and...
  7. Save file not be read on Quantum Brake.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save file not be read on Quantum Brake.: Last night I had my timeline. But now it gone. e68d7a49-a399-450b-8536-0760084889d0
  8. Xbox unable to read media files beyond 2TB in 4TB external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to read media files beyond 2TB in 4TB external HDD: I have a 4TB external HDD plugged onto my xbox one (1TB with 80GB space left). My external HDD is filled up with approx 2TB data. Now the new video files that i add on the external hdd is not...
  9. media player not reading files on external storage anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    media player not reading files on external storage anymore: since the new update, it says there are no files on my external storage. it still detects the drive as being there, it just says its empty when i go to watch a movie and it didn't do that before...
  10. I'm filing a complaint about a player who made me wait 2 hrs to play a game read below

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm filing a complaint about a player who made me wait 2 hrs to play a game read below: this person I was playing against was pauses the game every 5 or so minutes and wouldn't come back until at least 25 minutes or longer. I didn't want to quit cause I didn't want to have a lost in...