Xbox One S, not registering HDMI and restarting

Discus and support Xbox One S, not registering HDMI and restarting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey. So I’ve got an Xbox One S. Worked fine as of 2 days ago. Went to boot it up yesterday and there’s no signal through the HDMI. I’ve tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Becca_147, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Becca_147
    Becca_147 Guest

Hey.

So I’ve got an Xbox One S. Worked fine as of 2 days ago. Went to boot it up yesterday and there’s no signal through the HDMI.

I’ve tried different HDMI cables, checked my monitor was working (all fine), checked all connections, repeatedly.

Completed a full shutdown, but a few seconds after shutting down, the console restarts without touching the power button or controller. This has happened multiple times. So I’ve also pulled the power cable out, left it 24 hours and tried again - same result, no signal to monitor and not staying shutdown.

What can I do to fix it??

:)

Becca_147, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First try to use a different HDMI/TV to see if that helps. If it doesn't then try below;

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If your console doesn't have an Eject button, you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Once you see the Startup Troubleshooter, select Factory Reset and then choose "Keep Games and Apps"

- Once the Reset is complete, you'll be prompted to sign into your console using your Microsoft account credentials, after which you'll choose your preferred settings and your console should display normally again.

NB: A factory reset keeping games and apps will not delete your game saves as they are backed up in the cloud and will resync once you've signed in.

If that doesn't help, then I'm afraid it is a hardware issue and the console will need to be repaired. You can see more on that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  3. PhoenixTheFwuff Win User

Salutations! I use an Xbox One S as well, and have never ran into this problem. I'll see what I can do to help you out.

1. Have you tried connecting it to a different monitor or screen in the house, and seeing if the problem only persists with that specific monitor you speak of?

2. Have you tried changing the input (if possible) on your monitor, to see if it's possibly on the wrong input?

Please tell me if the problem persists after trying these methods.
  4. Nemesis971 Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

Hi Prez

Have you switched on HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour in the GENERAL settings menu on your TV for the HDMI port thats connected to your One S because its set to off by default and until you switch this On the One S won't register the correct settings needed to
    display HDR.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0.
    The Xbox One S and One X both use HDMI 2.0,

The Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4

The Series X will have HDMI 2.1.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Glitches

Hi,

I had that issue in the past with an Xbox one s > if a new hdmi cable not working ( also try that cable on another hdmi port of your tv ) + a cold restart ( main menu of the console, press and HOLD 10 sec the powerbutton of the console, wait 30 sec and restart
    ) not fixing the issue , you have to send your console in the repair center.

Regards
Thema:

1. Xbox One S, not registering HDMI and restarting - Similar Threads - registering HDMI restarting

2. Elite Controller 2 paddles not registering in app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 paddles not registering in app: All the other buttons register except the paddles on the back. I waited for 1 hour and 37 minutes patiently and they hung up on me while I was on hold. I just want to use my controller...
  3. Trying to register Xbox Series X Controller At Microsoft.com , it doesn’t display it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to register Xbox Series X Controller At Microsoft.com , it doesn’t display it.: Hello, everyone, I am trying to register my Xbox Series X controller at Microsoft.com as i need to get a replacement because my LB button has broken. I have warranty till the 5th of March....
  4. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...: Hi all, My Xbox Elite Controller's right bumper has started to go bad; it either doesn't do anything or will treat one press as multiple. This has been going on for a few weeks, and I just found...
  5. "We didn't recognize this serial number" when registering Xbox Controller to Microsoft Account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We didn't recognize this serial number" when registering Xbox Controller to Microsoft Account.: When I go to register my Xbox Controller to my Microsoft account, it says that my serial number wasn't recognized. I have inputted the serial code many times and I am typing it correctly and it is...
  6. xbox elite 2 controller LB will not register

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite 2 controller LB will not register: my LB stopped working. i bought the warranty 2 years ago, i dont know where it is. is there anyway you can help me get a new controller? thanks 142dd4e0-7cf2-4f7a-ae56-09518c53b4f6
  7. New turtle beach headset working but mic is greeted out and doesn’t register as on

in XboX Insiders
    New turtle beach headset working but mic is greeted out and doesn’t register as on: Pretty much the title but I think the mic works it just doesn’t show that I have a mic on the in game player screen regardless of the game I’m playing. Any solution to this? submitted by...
  8. Xbox dev mode activate console code not working when trying to register.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox dev mode activate console code not working when trying to register.: When I try to enter the code given in the app to activate the console it just says the code is invalid. I've tried a few different browsers and devices but the codes are not working when i try to...
  9. Xbox One X was stuck on loading screen but now wont register HDMi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X was stuck on loading screen but now wont register HDMi: I noticed that the Xbox was quite glitchy and laggy and would boot me out of games after a few minutes of playing. It stayed like this for 2 days and then when I turned it on the following day, it...
  10. Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering: hey guys, i hate that I'm having to seek support within 7 days of having an X1.... Quality product,,, really. lol, anyways, here's the issue: i was playing elder scrolls online, and the in game...