Xbox One S Not Working

Discus and support Xbox One S Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S is not working. So for ages my Xbox has had an issue where if you went to launch a game or app it'd say it's taken too long to start.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tiddlez117, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Tiddlez117
    Tiddlez117 Guest

Xbox One S Not Working

My Xbox One S is not working.

So for ages my Xbox has had an issue where if you went to launch a game or app it'd say it's taken too long to start. Give it a few tries and a few minutes later it'd eventually work. Annoying but I could live with it. Yes I tried looking for fixes and did
    everything but it never helped.

Recently I've been playing Halo Reach pretty frequently at mine, until a few days ago when I went to launch and it prompted me to install the game. I have MCC downloaded onto an external hard drive and I found it wasn't showing up. It's a seagate 2 TB and
    a light was showing, I could feel it spinning, but it wouldn't detect.

So I tried restating my console and it took a lot longer than normal to start. When it did, my controllers wouldn't connect wirelessly or wired and the keyboard I had plugged in wasn't doing anything. When I pressed the sync button on the console nothing
    would happen. After a few minutes it all worked again.

To fix the hard drive I tried resetting the console but keeping the apps and games. When I got it back up again the hard drive was detected but I couldn't access any of the apps or games. It'd first say, "getting your game started. This might take a minute
    or two" then "something went wrong" 0x800705b4, then "You need to install this"

Is my Xbox dead? Probably time I joined my friends on PS4

:)

Tiddlez117, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Compatibility

360 controllers are not compatible with the One.

The Xbox One S is just smaller than a regular One and has 4k capabilities. Everything that works with a regular One will work with a One S.
  3. kriskdf Win User

xbox one x can't do 4k but xbox one s can

yes, Njal. That is how the xbox one S does work. But i went ahead and swapped the ports anyways, and enabled the enhanced hdmi. XBox one S still works, xbox one X does not.
  4. Luciano Di Mase Win User

Xbox One and Xbox One S Controllers

Yes, the Xbox One controllers will work on the Xbox One S.
  5. Arminator Win User

Xbox One S Question

While the Xbox One S is 4k capable, it's "backwards compatible" to FullHD or HD ready TVs that don't have 4k.

Your Xbox One S will work perfectly fine on your current TV, if the Xbox One worked on it.
  6. KR1MZA Win User

HDCP issues with Live TV only

It somewhat helps... i guess the million dollar questions will be: “if it works works on the xbox one (original) but doesnt work with the xbox one s/x, can i assume that this is a firmware item? If so is it a matter of time till the original xbox one stops
    working or perhaps an update for the one s/x that will fix the issue?
Thema:

Xbox One S Not Working

1. Xbox One S Not Working - Similar Threads - Working

2. youtube doesn't work on xbox 360. what should i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    youtube doesn't work on xbox 360. what should i do?: Non riesco ad aprire youtube, mi dice sempre "spiacenti, al momento youtube non è disponinile. Riprova più tardi." Qualcuno sa come devo fare? TRADUZIONE I can't open youtube, it always says...
  3. screen time limit not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time limit not working: Hello, Both of my sons have child accounts to play on our XBox One, with absolutely identical screen limit settings. One is working, one is not - he can play whenever he wants for as long as he...
  4. Xbox One X hdmi not working and microsoft cant even provide a support number, what a joke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X hdmi not working and microsoft cant even provide a support number, what a joke: Hardware issue with Brand spanking new xbox one X and Microsoft cant even provide a support number. Instead they make me post to a forum to talk with gamers about it. WHAT A JOKE COMPANY. I had a...
  5. Age of Empires castle siege android game not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires castle siege android game not working:  dear sir, Whenever I try to play this game the game is not playing Need a quick answer please My android phone is [img] fce3e8cd-ad58-46e4-a4d5-35611ed2dfcd
  6. Minecraft para ios não está funcionando[Translation-Minecraft for ios is not working]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft para ios não está funcionando[Translation-Minecraft for ios is not working]: Comprei há algumas horas o jogo minecraft para ios na app store, mas ele simplesmente não funciona, eu tento criar um mundo e o app fecha e eu tento entrar em servidores e falam que eu tenho que...
  7. Microphone on/off shortcut not working in Gamebar

in XboX Insiders
    Microphone on/off shortcut not working in Gamebar: Exactly what the title says friends, all my other shortcuts work just fine except for the microphone on/off, I've tried every fix I can think of, I've reset the app, made sure it was updated....
  8. My earbuds are not working well

in XBoX on Consoles
    My earbuds are not working well: my earbuds don't work on my xbox one s controller, i don't know how it does it but when i first connect my earbuds to my controller it works just fine but it takes a few minutes to fully glitch...
  9. MIC works on half the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    MIC works on half the game: For a while since one of the downloads my MIC works on private party but in a public match it wont work. PLEASE HELP. I have already updated the controller and what ever Microsoft helped me with...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 online not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 online not working: Ive been having a problem with forza online, i completed some missions until the point where i was able to connect to online. Then i tried to connect to online, but on my xbox a thing keeps...