Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

Discus and support Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes on the startup screen. Any thought or help would be massively helpful as grandson is bored... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BruceDartnall-Smith, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes on the startup screen. Any thought or help would be massively helpful as grandson is bored already, week one of summer holidays Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes :(

:)

BruceDartnall-Smith, Jul 31, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the update with your reply. As the factory reset is not possible as you can't bring up the troubleshoot screen and you've indicated the console is less than a year old, it is likely within the 1 year warranty period (never hurts to check!), so
    you may benefit from getting the console serviced or repaired in this case. You can either set up the repair yourself, or
    request a call back or chat from Xbox Support so that they can do so for you.

Getting your Xbox console serviced

Once everything is set up, you can monitor the process online to stay up to date as well: Help with your existing Xbox console
    or accessory service order

I hope that this information is helpful and wish you the best!
  3. Miku Sakuya Win User

Ya try hard resetting or factory resetting the console though sadly after a factory reset you'll have to reinstall games that were on it to but hope it works
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

5. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Performing a hard rest on your console, also known as a power cycle or full reboot, cold restart can help fix this any of this issues.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds while your console is on. This will power down Your console. When the 10 seconds period is over press the power button to power up you console again, And the green start
    up screen will display.

Your cache would be cleared, Some of your setting would be reverted, But your data are preserved, and all your issues should be resolved.
  6. choppyseize Win User

You may want to try a hard reset of the console. To Hard reset Hold the power button down on your xbox itself for 15 seconds until it shuts off. Then unplug it so no power is going into the console for 30 seconds.
Thema:

1. Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes - Similar Threads - startup looks sounds

2. Xbox one freezing on startup of xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one freezing on startup of xbox 360 games: Any 360 game I load up shows an image of the game, then goes to the xbox 360 loading icon and then freezes to the point where I cannot do anything on my xbox one and must restart the console to...
  3. Xbox One X stuck in an E102 startup loop

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck in an E102 startup loop: My Xbox One X has been working fine all day, but suddenly while in the middle of playing a game, I get taken to an error screen telling me that "Something went wrong". I restarted the console and...
  4. Xbox app crashes upon startup

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app crashes upon startup: So like the title says, my xbox app crashes upon startup on my iPhone XR running iOS 13. It has only been crashing ever since i updated to iOS 13. If i want to use the xbox app, i have to delete...
  5. Xbox One S Won't Load Startup Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Won't Load Startup Screen: So I've had my S for a little under a year now, and this is the first time I've had this problem. Both my television and console are able to load fine, only the Xbox forces itself off after about...
  6. Xbox one x wont startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x wont startup: Does anyone have a solution to xbox one x not booting up. Was having issues with it booting up past startup screen and have done all of the troubleshooting steps; ie restarting console, hard...
  7. Xbox One X - Error Code 0x80070490 on Startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Error Code 0x80070490 on Startup: On my Xbox One X, my son uses it all the time, downloading all kinds of games through my Game Pass. Well he said Fortnite was acting weird so he decided to Restart the Xbox. It looked like it was...
  8. Xbox startup problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox startup problems: When i turn my xbox on it stays on the green xbox screen for about 5 mins and then just goes gray and nothing happens. If i hold down the button on my controller it brings up the options to turn...
  9. Xbox one black screen after startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one black screen after startup: My xbox one x boots up and displays the xbox startup screen with the microchips and the woosh sound. Then it goes to the green screen with the xbox logo and after that it just goes black. It...
  10. Odd sound coming from Xbox One upon startup of certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd sound coming from Xbox One upon startup of certain games: When my xbox Starts up these games (fortnite, MKX on disc, and Smite) I can hear the fans on the xbox being to work harder, as if it's over heating. Is this a symptom of a potential problem that...