Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

Discus and support Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes on the startup screen. Any thought or help would be massively helpful as grandson is bored... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BruceDartnall-Smith, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes on the startup screen. Any thought or help would be massively helpful as grandson is bored already, week one of summer holidays Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes :(

:)

BruceDartnall-Smith, Jul 31, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the update with your reply. As the factory reset is not possible as you can't bring up the troubleshoot screen and you've indicated the console is less than a year old, it is likely within the 1 year warranty period (never hurts to check!), so
    you may benefit from getting the console serviced or repaired in this case. You can either set up the repair yourself, or
    request a call back or chat from Xbox Support so that they can do so for you.

Getting your Xbox console serviced

Once everything is set up, you can monitor the process online to stay up to date as well: Help with your existing Xbox console
    or accessory service order

I hope that this information is helpful and wish you the best!
  3. Miku Sakuya Win User

Ya try hard resetting or factory resetting the console though sadly after a factory reset you'll have to reinstall games that were on it to but hope it works
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

5. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Performing a hard rest on your console, also known as a power cycle or full reboot, cold restart can help fix this any of this issues.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds while your console is on. This will power down Your console. When the 10 seconds period is over press the power button to power up you console again, And the green start
    up screen will display.

Your cache would be cleared, Some of your setting would be reverted, But your data are preserved, and all your issues should be resolved.
  6. choppyseize Win User

You may want to try a hard reset of the console. To Hard reset Hold the power button down on your xbox itself for 15 seconds until it shuts off. Then unplug it so no power is going into the console for 30 seconds.
Thema:

1. Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes - Similar Threads - startup looks sounds

2. Xbox One X startup chime not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X startup chime not working?: I bought the Xbox one X edition gears of war 5 and after an update the startup sound went away and does not play the special sounds of the tray and startup ignition....
  3. there is a problem with your saved games/startup error

in XBoX on Consoles
    there is a problem with your saved games/startup error: my xbox one x causing problems and i iought it less than a year and a half ago. the broblems started around a half a year ago. when trying to install a game it says "installation failed",...
  4. Windows store & Xbox (beta) games CTD on startup

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows store & Xbox (beta) games CTD on startup: I have active Gaming Pass PC subsrciption and was playing Gears of War 4. GoW4 crashed suddenly to desktop without error messages. After this crash none of the games I had installed (not started...
  5. Problems with an app and some startup problems while i was using instant-on. Beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with an app and some startup problems while i was using instant-on. Beta ring: I cant open the tune in app anymore since the latest beta update, not sure if it has something to do with it but i ran in to some other problems as well. I was having major problems while using...
  6. One X Hanging on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X Hanging on startup: I'm having an issue on startup with a new One X. On starting the console it signals the TV to come on but the screen is blank and it just seems to hang there indefinitely. I'm assuming that's the...
  7. Xbox keeps going back to something went wrong screen at startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps going back to something went wrong screen at startup: [img] So last night my sister went to start her xbox up to play COD but when we turned it on it had a E101 or E102 error code. We’ve tried everything to fix it but nothing worked. Do any of you...
  8. no xbox x logo on startup ..

in XBoX on Consoles
    no xbox x logo on startup ..: no xbox x logo on startup..signal received then not received through hdmi cable..my xbox crashed on a update this the second time this month d730ed43-c91b-4a27-b4bd-eefaf032e13b
  9. crashing on startup on the alpha skip ahead ring?

in XboX Insiders
    crashing on startup on the alpha skip ahead ring?: is anyone else getting this? I'll boot up my xbox after like two to three hours of break, and it boots up as usual and then the light flashes faster than usual and it shuts down. ill boot up again...
  10. Mic keeps cutting out upon console startup. Workaround found.

in XboX Insiders
    Mic keeps cutting out upon console startup. Workaround found.: My mic tends to not process any audio at all upon startup of the console from Standby Mode. Began to do this shortly after last Alpha-Skip Ahead update. It can hear me and it registers I have a...