Xbox One S Port Flapping

Discus and support Xbox One S Port Flapping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox One S Port Flapping Hi there null character, Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by null character, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping

Xbox One S Port Flapping
    Hi there null character,

Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to the Xbox One S. If you haven't already, I recommend setting up a dedicated static IP for the Xbox One S. This will enable a direct reserved IP for the connectivity. The
    switch is acting as a bridge hub, to connect your console to the network. Check out these troubleshooting sources:

Try this out and let us know the results.

:)

null character, Apr 15, 2019
  2. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

To be specific the Xbox is connected to a ZyXEL GS1920-24 switch. The XB is constantly switching between 10/100 and 1000 port speeds.

Apr 11 12:01:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:34 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:29 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:25 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:20 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:16 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:59 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:56 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:35 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Everything seems to be working normal, and If I actually "wake" up the console by turning it on it stops happening so I think it has something to do with the console being in it's low power state.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hi Null,

Have you
    tried switching
    to power saving mode, instead of instant on? This will eliminate the console in low power state (or standby mode).

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hey there Null.

We're glad to hear that everything was solved. We will be locking this post as resolved but pleasedon't
    hesitate to Start
    a New Thread
    if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for being a valued Xbox Member!
  5. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

No offense XBF Crystal P, but your response isn't exactly helpful for my situation. Anyway I was able to fix the issue.

For anyone googling this I specifically have the ZxXEL GS1920-24 switch with a day 1 Xbox One S. I fixed it by enabling the "Green" Ethernet standards on the port the Xbox is connected to. For my switch this was EEE, Auto Power Down, and Short Reach. After
    doing this the port flapping has stopped completely.

My assumption is that since the Xbox isn't passing data while flapping, that the switch just shuts the port off completely until data starts flowing.
  6. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

I haven't tried it but my assumption is that it will fix the issue.

Personally I'd rather live with the issue then lose background downloads.
Thema:

Xbox One S Port Flapping

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping - Similar Threads - Port Flapping

2. my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and...: my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and stillnothing,,any help plz 503539b9-7ecb-4e7d-a945-0724f3ca8e67
  3. Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?: I recently got this headset but when I connect them to the Xbox (on the usb port) i just can turn them on but I cant talk or hear anything. What I need to do to make them work?...
  4. advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway

in XboX Networking Hardware
    advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway: advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway Hello Joe4842! Feel free to contact your Internet Service Provider (Comcast) support or Xbox Customer Support so that they can assist...
  5. Port Forwarding from AT&T U-Verse 5268 AC Router

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Port Forwarding from AT&T U-Verse 5268 AC Router: Port Forwarding from AT&T U-Verse 5268 AC Router No problem, very happy my hotel life has helped LOL! 93bc92ac-9629-4342-afa1-e0ca40bea443
  6. issues with xbox one control port for headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    issues with xbox one control port for headset: Hi, I have had 4 controllers since dec and they all last about 1 month before the port where the headset plugs in comes faulty any ideas why this is happening? bc489d45-2195-4b7e-a156-552b84bf14d0
  7. How u feel when u port of microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    How u feel when u port of microsoft: Tell me u feeling when u have xbox or pc running Windows 10 or ur work with microsoft apps,software And if u get chance to answer questions of microsoft / xbox / Windows what ull say ?...
  8. Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting: Hey guy been playing ark for while and jusy got the full game on windows store for cross play i i did all the ports for the xbox 1 but when i active my DMZ host my alternate port for my xbox...
  9. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding: Please Help! This is the most frustrating issue with my Xbox One X. I have seen previous questions and forums on this similar issue back when the X first was released and I have yet to find a...
  10. Xbox one x optical port is loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x optical port is loose: When plugging in my optical cable it seems loose and falls out with little to no movement. When trying to plug it in harder I made sure it is going in the right way and it doesn’t snap or click...