Xbox One S Port Flapping

Discus and support Xbox One S Port Flapping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox One S Port Flapping Hi there null character, Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by null character, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping

Xbox One S Port Flapping
    Hi there null character,

Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to the Xbox One S. If you haven't already, I recommend setting up a dedicated static IP for the Xbox One S. This will enable a direct reserved IP for the connectivity. The
    switch is acting as a bridge hub, to connect your console to the network. Check out these troubleshooting sources:

Try this out and let us know the results.

:)

null character, Apr 15, 2019
  2. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

To be specific the Xbox is connected to a ZyXEL GS1920-24 switch. The XB is constantly switching between 10/100 and 1000 port speeds.

Apr 11 12:01:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:34 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:29 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:25 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:20 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:16 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:59 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:56 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:35 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Everything seems to be working normal, and If I actually "wake" up the console by turning it on it stops happening so I think it has something to do with the console being in it's low power state.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hi Null,

Have you
    tried switching
    to power saving mode, instead of instant on? This will eliminate the console in low power state (or standby mode).

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hey there Null.

We're glad to hear that everything was solved. We will be locking this post as resolved but pleasedon't
    hesitate to Start
    a New Thread
    if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for being a valued Xbox Member!
  5. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

No offense XBF Crystal P, but your response isn't exactly helpful for my situation. Anyway I was able to fix the issue.

For anyone googling this I specifically have the ZxXEL GS1920-24 switch with a day 1 Xbox One S. I fixed it by enabling the "Green" Ethernet standards on the port the Xbox is connected to. For my switch this was EEE, Auto Power Down, and Short Reach. After
    doing this the port flapping has stopped completely.

My assumption is that since the Xbox isn't passing data while flapping, that the switch just shuts the port off completely until data starts flowing.
  6. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

I haven't tried it but my assumption is that it will fix the issue.

Personally I'd rather live with the issue then lose background downloads.
Thema:

Xbox One S Port Flapping

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping - Similar Threads - Port Flapping

2. xbox one HDMI port

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one HDMI port: My son was moving his xbox one last night and somehow broke his HDMI port. I am thinking he tripped on the cord that was still plugged in to the console. After reading online, this seems to be a...
  3. xbox one and iphone app firewall ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one and iphone app firewall ports: Hi Fellas I have a bit of a question in regards to the firewall ports to get the mobile app working. Currently my consoles all sit in a VLAN that upnp enabled (for open nat and works a dream) i...
  4. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?: The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for both consoles. So which ports will I use for...
  5. Xbox headphone/accessory port malfunctioning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headphone/accessory port malfunctioning: Is there anyway I may be able to listen to my Xbox without my controller? 944a5b6f-64f6-4431-8b68-bf8490ff8c03
  6. headset port stopped working after controller update

in XBoX Accessibility
    headset port stopped working after controller update: earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix or do i wait for other update or what? i...
  7. Using a display port with Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a display port with Xbox.: I have a monitor that supports a Display Port input, xbox does not have a Display Port but there are cords with a Display Port on one end and HDMI on the other, i have used two expensive monitors...
  8. HDMI port is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port is broken: [img] What do i do and how much would it cost me to repay it ? 6f922965-71e5-4540-9f90-018d0e5b97f2
  9. Rollercoaster Tycoon (OG Xbox) or a port of Rollercoaster Tycoon World.

in XboX Insiders
    Rollercoaster Tycoon (OG Xbox) or a port of Rollercoaster Tycoon World.: I had really fun memories of me playing RCT on the Xbox and I really wanna play that game again on my Xbox. Is there a way to play this / consider adding this to the store? submitted by...
  10. Controller problems (analog and mic port)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problems (analog and mic port): So one of my controllers the top left analog just goes left no matter what. It's not physically stuck left but just scrolls left no matter what...Any idea on how to fix? Also, on another...