Xbox One S Port Flapping

Discus and support Xbox One S Port Flapping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox One S Port Flapping Hi there null character, Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by null character, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping

Xbox One S Port Flapping
    Hi there null character,

Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to the Xbox One S. If you haven't already, I recommend setting up a dedicated static IP for the Xbox One S. This will enable a direct reserved IP for the connectivity. The
    switch is acting as a bridge hub, to connect your console to the network. Check out these troubleshooting sources:

Try this out and let us know the results.

:)

null character, Apr 15, 2019
  2. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

To be specific the Xbox is connected to a ZyXEL GS1920-24 switch. The XB is constantly switching between 10/100 and 1000 port speeds.

Apr 11 12:01:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:34 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:29 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:25 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:20 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:16 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:59 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:56 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:35 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Everything seems to be working normal, and If I actually "wake" up the console by turning it on it stops happening so I think it has something to do with the console being in it's low power state.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hi Null,

Have you
    tried switching
    to power saving mode, instead of instant on? This will eliminate the console in low power state (or standby mode).

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hey there Null.

We're glad to hear that everything was solved. We will be locking this post as resolved but pleasedon't
    hesitate to Start
    a New Thread
    if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for being a valued Xbox Member!
  5. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

No offense XBF Crystal P, but your response isn't exactly helpful for my situation. Anyway I was able to fix the issue.

For anyone googling this I specifically have the ZxXEL GS1920-24 switch with a day 1 Xbox One S. I fixed it by enabling the "Green" Ethernet standards on the port the Xbox is connected to. For my switch this was EEE, Auto Power Down, and Short Reach. After
    doing this the port flapping has stopped completely.

My assumption is that since the Xbox isn't passing data while flapping, that the switch just shuts the port off completely until data starts flowing.
  6. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

I haven't tried it but my assumption is that it will fix the issue.

Personally I'd rather live with the issue then lose background downloads.
Thema:

Xbox One S Port Flapping

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping - Similar Threads - Port Flapping

2. : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved: : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved Hello UnseamedSpace4, Thank you for keeping us updated. You may need to disable UPnP or DMZ and power cycle your...
  3. Xbox one S no signal from hdmi port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S no signal from hdmi port: As subject says I can't get anything to work with my xbox through an hdmi cable. I've tried multiple cables and ports on my TV, made sure it's plugged into the output port, and tried the way to...
  4. Port forwarding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Port forwarding: I need help with connection. Issues 38d76efe-5f47-4f3d-a931-0b2fa6374c6c
  5. xbox one x hdmi port not working reference needed for repair ????

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x hdmi port not working reference needed for repair ????: hi I've had the HDMI port fail I've tried all steps and tried the Xbox with different TV's and hd leads but no luck now I've been told to return it to Argos as its to do with them but Argos said...
  6. Leaked photo series x ports.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Leaked photo series x ports.: Just remember that this leak should be taken with a grain of salt. However, if it is real, one thing I’m noticing is no HDMI input, just an output Yes, the absence of a HDMI input does seem...
  7. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: Ive just openned up my ports and created a static ip address for my xbox one which is wired to try and reduce my ping and generally make a better overall connection. I have managed to reduce my...
  8. Xbox losing connecting / port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox losing connecting / port forwarding: Please help! I have yet to be able play my xbox for more than 15 minutes at a time for the past week. It will not stay connected to the internet. I've put in the necessary ports on my...
  9. : Port Forwarding

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Port Forwarding: : Port Forwarding When I play Black Ops online, and I watch the killcam, I lag bad, I was trying to kill one of my friends on the map array and I was in the spiral stair case at the top, a friend...
  10. Xbox elite controller with a loose micro usb port. Help requested

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite controller with a loose micro usb port. Help requested: About half a year ago I bought an Xbox elite controller. About half the games I play on pc I prefer to play with an xbox controller. Before I just got xbox 360 controllers which were fine. But now...