Xbox One S Port Flapping

Discus and support Xbox One S Port Flapping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox One S Port Flapping Hi there null character, Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by null character, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping

Xbox One S Port Flapping
    Hi there null character,

Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to the Xbox One S. If you haven't already, I recommend setting up a dedicated static IP for the Xbox One S. This will enable a direct reserved IP for the connectivity. The
    switch is acting as a bridge hub, to connect your console to the network. Check out these troubleshooting sources:

Try this out and let us know the results.

:)

null character, Apr 15, 2019
  2. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

To be specific the Xbox is connected to a ZyXEL GS1920-24 switch. The XB is constantly switching between 10/100 and 1000 port speeds.

Apr 11 12:01:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:34 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:29 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:25 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:01:20 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:01:16 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:59 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:56 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Apr 11 12:00:38 DE interface: Port 9 link up

Apr 11 12:00:35 DE interface: Port 9 link down

Everything seems to be working normal, and If I actually "wake" up the console by turning it on it stops happening so I think it has something to do with the console being in it's low power state.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hi Null,

Have you
    tried switching
    to power saving mode, instead of instant on? This will eliminate the console in low power state (or standby mode).

Thanks,

Brad
  4. null character Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

I haven't tried it but my assumption is that it will fix the issue.

Personally I'd rather live with the issue then lose background downloads.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hi there null character,

Thanks for the reply here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port connectivity to the Xbox One S. If you haven't already, I recommend setting up a dedicated static IP for the Xbox One S. This will enable a direct reserved IP for the connectivity. The
    switch is acting as a bridge hub, to connect your console to the network. Check out these troubleshooting sources:

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One S Port Flapping

Hi Null,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Make sure I understand you correctly you are curious if it is normal for the Xbox console to switch ports often. To be honest not quite sure what would be causing this. You can try

port forwarding
    the router for the console itself and see if this helps at all. You can also refer to your ISP or manufacturer of the router.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Xbox One S Port Flapping

1. Xbox One S Port Flapping - Similar Threads - Port Flapping

2. Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port): I've had this issue for a few weeks now where occasionally the screen would flicker or I'd get odd distortion. Finally, a couple days ago I'm no longer getting a signal to the TV. I've tried...
  3. usb port for charge kit

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb port for charge kit: I just buy one charge kit for wireless controller, instruction said you need start on power xbox console for charge battery controller, but when i plug in the usb cable on rear side while xbox was...
  4. Connecting Xbox to School Network What ports need to be opened

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting Xbox to School Network What ports need to be opened: Hello, I work in an IT department at a school and we have an after school esports program so we are having students bring in a few of there Xbox's to connect to our network to play online. I was...
  5. TWO XBOX ONE X CONNECTED TO THE SAME PHILIPS TV HDMI PORT BUT REACTING DIFFERENTLY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    TWO XBOX ONE X CONNECTED TO THE SAME PHILIPS TV HDMI PORT BUT REACTING DIFFERENTLY...: Two Xbox One X consoles connected to the same HDMI port of a Philips TV, but reacting differently! That's my problem: my xbox one x shows all the green check marks for hdr games but my brother's...
  6. Xbox one x hdmi port fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x hdmi port fault: Hi , My Scorpio edition xbox one x purchased on 09 November 2017 now shows the dreaded no hdmi input fault that loads are starting to experience .Nice to see Microsoft offer me a replament for...
  7. Xbox One Controller USB Port Broken

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller USB Port Broken: Hello I am new to the forum. I have been a longtime Xbox gamer (Had Xbox, 360, and now Xbox One). I have also started to play on PC, however, I still use the Xbox one controller. Over the past...
  8. Xbox One X HDMI Port Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI Port Issue: I have an Xbox One X still under Warranty last month it started flickering. The tv would go blank for a few seconds then come back on. After awhile it gor worse and worse. I switched tvs and...
  9. Xbox one x wont power on but the usb ports still have power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x wont power on but the usb ports still have power: I turned off my xbox one x last night and today it wont turn on. The usb ports still have power and I can charge controllers with it, but the xbox itself wont turn on. Any solutions?...
  10. Network Port changing on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network Port changing on its own: Hi all, I'm having a problem with my One X changing network ports on it's own while downloading games. I set it to 3074 and as soon as I back out of the Network screen it changes back to 55533....