Xbox One S Power Cord

Discus and support Xbox One S Power Cord in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just recently bought an Xbox One S and it got here today. I went to plug everything in, and when I went to plug the power cord in, it was super loose.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rayzeran, May 12, 2019.

1. Rayzeran
    Rayzeran Guest

Xbox One S Power Cord

Just recently bought an Xbox One S and it got here today. I went to plug everything in, and when I went to plug the power cord in, it was super loose. I tried flipping it over, pushed a little harder, moving the cord a different direction, and it just
    wouldn't go in all the way. I haven't really seen anyone else with this issue so I don't know any solutions to this. Would I need to buy a new power cord or?

:)

Rayzeran, May 12, 2019
  2. Tamer Elmadawi Win User

Xbox one s power cord

Hi thanks for the reply, i never forcefully jammed it in. I just kept trying to put it in a bit hard because i didnt want it falling out when i move the console to the area i want it.

Question 1: with the cord i heard that the 2 linings connected to the 2 circle parts of the cord are not suppose to be showing at all if plugged in securely. Mine shows a tiny bit.

Question 2: how would i know if i did physical damage to the power port for future reference
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One S Power Cord

Does your Xbox even power on? Or does the AC cord connector not hold?

The easiest thing to do right now would be to return this all for an exchange.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox One S Power Cord

Yeah, if it's a new purchase I wouldn't mess about, just return for replacement
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox one s power cord

Hey Tamer!

I would suggest not forcefully plugging in any cables into the Xbox as that can cause physical damage to the ports. The power cord on the Xbox One S does not necessarily go all the way in as the connection only needs to go a certain way to be considered
    securely plugged in. The split circle shape of the cord will seem like it's difficult to plug in, but that is just so that it doesn't slide out unintentionally.

That's primarily to make sure the power cord is securely plugged in, without having to be fully inserted. As long as it turns on, the cable is inserted where it should be.

If you'd like you can look over this link on information about the Xbox's power supply:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/about-power-supply
  6. Yombi GS Win User

Xbox One S Power Cord

If its brand new just ask a replacement.
Thema:

Xbox One S Power Cord

1. Xbox One S Power Cord - Similar Threads - Power Cord

2. Power cord replacement

in XBoX Accessibility
    Power cord replacement: Recently my Xbox power cord, just the part that plugs from the wall to the power supply broke. I don't have the money to replace it at this time, but I have cords from left over TV's that fit the...
  3. Using an Xbox One's power cord for an Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using an Xbox One's power cord for an Xbox 360: We lost the Xbox 360's original AC power cord but we still have the DC cord. Would it be possible to use the Xbox One's AC power cord as a replacement? 9c269dc9-b981-437a-96f9-aec4eecaa735
  4. Xbox one s loose power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s loose power cord: My xbox one s power input in the back is very loose and won’t hold the power cable. Any help with these? a733037d-f5a4-43f6-9793-b636d2b97c73
  5. AC 100-240V Adapter Power Supply Brick Cord with US Plug Cable for Xbox One Console

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    AC 100-240V Adapter Power Supply Brick Cord with US Plug Cable for Xbox One Console: I exchange my Melias Rewards points to receive a XBOx one in exchange on sept , I didnt open the box because it was a gift for CHristmas but there is missing this...
  6. Xbox One S Power Cord Loose?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Power Cord Loose?: Hi all! Bought myself an Xbox One S for Christmas this year & when plugging the power cord in I noticed that it was very loose and sparked a little as I tried to put it in. It appears to be far...
  7. Xbox one s power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s power cord: hi this is my 3rd xbox one s console and ive noticed a pattern of where the power cord wont fully go in. It took me 30 minutes to finally plug it in and its still a little loose but i was able to...
  8. broken power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken power cord: my power cord started smoking up and smells burnt and won't turn on my Xbox. there is no more lights turning on on the power block I want to know who I can contact and where I can get a new one....
  9. Power cord for replacement unit - SR: 1435611447

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power cord for replacement unit - SR: 1435611447: Hi I sent my XBox One unit for repair together with its power chord. You have since sent me a new console but this came without a power chord. Can you send me a power cord please. Thank you....
  10. xbox 360 power cord for xbox resub

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    xbox 360 power cord for xbox resub: i've paid 60/year for 7 years for sub but my power cord died on my slim. wife put everything real nice and neat in an area where it over heated, our fault. I'd just buy a new cord but I can't...