XBox One S powers on with no display, then powers off

Discus and support XBox One S powers on with no display, then powers off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing NBA2K 20 earlier this week on my three-month-old XBox One S when the game froze, forcing a reboot. However, when i try to reboot, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeLynch34, Mar 22, 2020.

1. MikeLynch34
    MikeLynch34 Guest

I was playing NBA2K 20 earlier this week on my three-month-old XBox One S when the game froze, forcing a reboot. However, when i try to reboot, the console turns on but my TV says “No Signal.” The console then turns itself off after about 15 seconds. If
    I try to turn on the console using my controller, the XBox button on my controller just blinks and nothing happens. I’ve unplugged everything overnight, tried again the next day and nothing. I’ve tried different HDMI ports with no luck. Any suggestions to
    help would be appreciated.

:)

MikeLynch34, Mar 22, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello MikeLynch34,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is turning on for a bit, not providing a video signal to your television and shutting itself off. We have a support article that provides troubleshooting for an

Xbox One that is turning off unexpectedly
    . Also, we recommend making sure the console is plugged directly into the wall instead of a surge protector. Once the console is able to maintain power, we recommend using the support article for

troubleshooting a blank TV screen
    when your Xbox One is on. Be sure to let us know the results MikeLynch34!
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Cannot reset display :(

Hi, try powering the xbox off, then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and the power light will flash several times, this only works on the S and E model xbox I believe.

If you still have no joy then try connecting the xbox to another tv, if you get a display using hdmi go to settings/ system/ console settings/ display and disable Display Discovery, connect the xbox to the tv you're having the problem with and give it another
    try.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

My Xbox froze and now it won't turn on

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you are running into these issues with the Xbox One console. When you power on the console, does the light turn on and stay on with no display, turn on and then turn back off, or does the light not turn on at all?

If this is the case then we will need to troubleshoot your consoles power supply. Go ahead and click on the following link for the Xbox One Power Solutions Troubleshooter.

Xbox One S or Xbox One X Power Solutions

Xbox One Power Supply Solution

Please let us know if this has helped!
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Launch xbox one S just died... what to do?

Hey there Shermas.

Let's have you start out by resetting your display by powering off your Xbox One completely (hold power button for 8-10 seconds until it shuts off completely). Once your Xbox One is off, hold down the power and eject button until you hear a second beep.
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox not working

My xbox shuts down instantly after turning on. It displays 2 blinks before turning off. Any solution guys?? please help.....

;-;(xbox one s)
    Sounds like a bad power brick. Would need to send it in to get a new one put in
Thema:

1. XBox One S powers on with no display, then powers off - Similar Threads - powers display powers

2. My Xbox powers up but nothing displays on the screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox powers up but nothing displays on the screen: Can someone provide a number where I can actually speak to someone at Microsoft for technical support? I spent entirely too much money to not be able to contact someone to troubleshoot the...
  3. Xbox One X powers on but display does not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X powers on but display does not: My Xbox One X is less than a year old. Yesterday I used it with no problem as usual with HDMI to my Samsung TV (2018). Today when I power up, power button lights up but screen is says 'No Signal'....
  4. Xbox displays a black screen after powering on.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox displays a black screen after powering on.: My XboX displays a black screen after powering on. This happened after the national/international inability to sign in crisis two nights ago, and just now. I know I was unable to sign in, so I...
  5. Power Armor Display Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Power Armor Display Question: So I have been trying to figure this out now for a couple of weeks. When I am in my power armor there is a gauge that says "Core" This displays how much power is lefter in my current Fusion...
  6. Xbox One powers on but does not display on TV (HDMI does not detect)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One powers on but does not display on TV (HDMI does not detect): I havent had issues with my system in 2 years, joined the Xbox Insider Preview program & now I ran into a issue with my systems HDMI not being detected. My system powers up, but won't display...
  7. Xbox one S power is on but nothing displaying on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S power is on but nothing displaying on screen: I'm having issues with my Xbox One S. When I turn on my console the screen doesn't display anything. All I see is a black screen, but the power button is on. I also tried to turn it on through my...
  8. Xbox turning on but no display after power outage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turning on but no display after power outage: Today while playing my first generation Xbox one there was a power outage. When the power came back on I attempted to turn to Xbox back on it turned on but there was no display, the TV could not...
  9. my xbox 360 is not showing any display even after green power light

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 is not showing any display even after green power light: I have an Xbox 360 e white color 4gb model. I got it from a guy. the problem is that the xbox is not showing any display. when I power it on, it shows green light, both on the power brick and the...
  10. Xbox one powers on but no display, controllers not connecting and kinect not powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one powers on but no display, controllers not connecting and kinect not powering on: As above, came back from work to see this happening. The xbox turns on fine, the fans inside spin up as per normal and the white xbox logo glows. However, the green splash screen never comes, and...