XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!

Discus and support XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Xbox Community! First time posting but I thought I would reach out to the community for help on this issue, everywhere else I have looked I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Necries, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Necries
    Necries Guest

XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!

Hello Xbox Community!

First time posting but I thought I would reach out to the community for help on this issue, everywhere else I have looked I have been stumped!

My Xbox recently shut down on me, I believe it was overheating, and I had to perform a reset to factory settings to get the console working again. It has since rebooted and taken me directly to a setup page. As I go through the steps to reset the console I realized that I no longer have any of my old information to get back into my active Xbox live account. I have gone through the steps to recover my account, however I apparently do not have enough information to recover the account! The only field that I am leaving blank in the questionnaire is my Xbox Live Device ID, however I cannot access that ID because the Xbox is currently in the reset phase. I have included the CC information used on the account and any old passwords I remember. I don't think there is anymore information I can provide! Does anyone have suggestions on how to proceed with this issue? Is there a way that I can still find my Device ID without gaining full access to the Xbox? It is particularly frustrating because I am currently paying for a service that I am locked out of!

Thank you!

:)

Necries, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Alpha Soulneed Win User

Sharing Xbox live gold

Hello! yes , its possible. One of the consoles must have the account designated as home xbox and in the other console you must have the session started all the time with the account that has the active xbox live membership. Here I leave you information about
    how to configure a console as your home xbox.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. TendedThree87 Win User

xbox live i think i was hacked

I have a similar problem as Wildfox24. My xbox didn't auto sign in like normally it always does. I tried logging in but I kept getting a message saying my account is not valid.. I went to Xbox website, reset my password, followed the link to windows live
    to reset, reset my password, tried to log in to xbox website but unable to log into my old account, instrad I wound up with this new one. I don't know how get my old account back. Any help?
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Linked Account Xbox Live

Hello Govty!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

Who has the Active Xbox Live Gold subscription and the games that you want to share? Your account or your friends account?

The account that owns the active subscription is the account that needs to be set as the "Home Xbox."

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

I would also suggest resetting your Xbox console again and this time add the account with the active subscription first.

Please feel free to provide us with more information and we'll be more than happy to provide more support.

Let us know how it goes!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. ThatRagingDude Win User

Game is above account's content restriction, but cannot choose parent account to give permission

Hey there!

If your factory reset your Xbox One, it's likely you don't have the parent account added to your Xbox One yet. Try signing in with that account first to add it to your Xbox One. After it's added you should be able to sign in and change your parental settings
    :)
    I have all of the accounts signed in... If you take a look at the top left corner, you'll see the parent account's gamertag and icon. However my parents did got a new account, but all the accounts are in the same family as adults. Is there some verification
    needed? Also, I kept getting this 'Your content restrictions are in effect but cannot be changed before we connect to the service' message, but the console is connected to the internet, with a moderate nat type and my account has a month of xbox live left
    if I remembered correctly. Also i've tried on my old Xbox One and a new Xbox One S (Thought the old Xbox One was broken), nothing works...
  6. dup4c07dd58-5f0a-483 Win User

already have exsisting LIVE account!!!

Every xbox live account has a windows live ID and password, you can not recover that account without this information. You have some options though, if you still have that old xbox sign into the account and go into account management there you can find out
    what the windows live ID on the account is however you will still need the password for that windows live ID. If you don't remember that password you can follow the reset instructions on the site to get a new password. If all else fails you can contact Xbox
    Support (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and as long as you can verify the information on that account they can help you get the information you need to recover the account on your new console.
Thema:

1. XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account! - Similar Threads - Reset Don't old

2. Some xbox games say I don't own the game after I reset the xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some xbox games say I don't own the game after I reset the xbox: so earlier today my xbox wasn't loading any games disk or otherwise and I looked it up and I tried hard restarting it, disconnecting from the internet and other things but that didn't work and saw...
  3. I need help please, been stuck like this for two days. Don't want to factory reset the console.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help please, been stuck like this for two days. Don't want to factory reset the console.: [IMG] submitted by /u/-ThassRezz- [link] [comments]
  4. Had a game with backward compatibility, reset my Xbox and now I don't have the game anymore.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had a game with backward compatibility, reset my Xbox and now I don't have the game anymore.: Title. I dont have the game anymore and the physical copy is in a different country... a4768888-dced-4230-8bb4-a9635be2a6a2
  5. I reset my xbox and don't remember my email or password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I reset my xbox and don't remember my email or password: Hey There This problem has probably happened to the best of us but earlier this year we were having trouble with our internet and during the transfer process I accidentally reset my xbox. Now...
  6. Notifications don't reset weekly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Notifications don't reset weekly.: My notifications have been at 99+ since week one. I thought it wouldn't be a problem for a while but now I cant go to my settings to change the notification setting on or off and if I click on the...
  7. HELP! My XBOX shuts down every time we try to play a game - power button resets don't work....

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! My XBOX shuts down every time we try to play a game - power button resets don't work....: Help! My XBOX shuts down every time we try and play a game. We have tried clearing RAM with power button based solutions and no luck. Also did a complete factory restart of the system which did...
  8. Bricked Xbox from update yesterday, offline repair tools don't work can't factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bricked Xbox from update yesterday, offline repair tools don't work can't factory reset: How can I do a factory reset if the Xbox fails when I select and run it? Goes through whole process then doesn't work. Same with OSUDT 2 and 3. Tried offline updates they fail. Chat support for...
  9. Don't like the black screen and having to soft reset the console 3 to 4 times a day!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Don't like the black screen and having to soft reset the console 3 to 4 times a day!: Due to the recent update in February i am having to restart my console 3 to 4 times a day by holding down the power button on the console for 10 seconds and powering it back up do to the black...
  10. Don't Reset Just Wait

in XBoX on Consoles
    Don't Reset Just Wait: I am also having these problems so i looked it up and found this on microsoft support page "Xbox Live Core Services is currently unavailable. Users may experience difficulties with the following...