Xbox One S shutting down when start playing any game.

Discus and support Xbox One S shutting down when start playing any game. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox will work only for a few seconds or longer if I use apps or browser, it won’t turn off. but when i start playing any game it just make a click... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Max1500CM, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Max1500CM
    Max1500CM Guest

My Xbox will work only for a few seconds or longer if I use apps or browser, it won’t turn off. but when i start playing any game it just make a click sound and turn off.

:)

Max1500CM, Oct 10, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Please first try powercycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down to see if that works. If it does not then you may want to try a factory reset. There's an option to keep installed games and
    apps so you won't need to redownload them and your saves will be safe on the Cloud.

You can read how to do a reset via this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  4. AndyMort Win User

Xbox shuts down when starting a game

Thanks. The only one of those steps I havent tried is

Solution 3: Change the console settings so it doesn’t turn off automatically

but that doesn't make sense as none of the settings there allow you to set anything so that it doesn't turn off automatically, rather it lets you restart or do a full shutdown. Its getting a full shutdown already when the problem occurs.
  5. Allebas Win User

Xbox shuts down when starting a game

Hi AndyMort,

Do you hear any noise from your Xbox before it shuts off? If not, it might be the power supply. When I had this issue that was the cause of the problem. However, I was able to test this theory by using a different power supply. Also, is this happening
    with all games or just one?
  6. DerVaddi Win User

Xbox shutting down when starting a game

Thema:

1. Xbox One S shutting down when start playing any game. - Similar Threads - shutting down start

2. Console Shut Down After Start Up

in XboX Insiders
    Console Shut Down After Start Up: I just turned my console (Xbox One X) on via Instant On. After I signed in, I browsed the Home page for less than 30 seconds. While I was doing that, my console shut itself down. I received no...
  3. Xbox shuts down when starting a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts down when starting a game: Got a problem with xbox one X. It starts up and works fine in the dashboard and youtube etc. However as soon as I start a a game it completely shuts down. When it starts back up it is from...
  4. Crackdown 3 keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the start of game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crackdown 3 keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the start of game.: hi all, I'm unable to play Crackdown 3 as it keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the same point of games very time I try to play. this point is right at the start of the game when you are in the...
  5. Xbox shutting down when starting a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting down when starting a game: I will turn on my console and try to start a game and it will shut down and when I turn it on again it acts like I restartes it big green Xbox screen and so on after it is fine it will load the...
  6. Brand New Xbox One S shutting down while starting Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand New Xbox One S shutting down while starting Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games: Hello, I bought a new Xbox One S for christmas, it came with Red Dead Redemption 2 and a friend of mine borrowed me The Witcher 3. I installed the Console, did the Updates, but RDR2 does not...
  7. Xbox one x shut down after starting bundle game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one x shut down after starting bundle game: The Xbox launches the bundle game after the full installation. But after about 10-15 sec. the sound stops and the console goes down without an error message and can only be started on the console...
  8. Console Xbox one shuts down when I start up nba2k19I

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Xbox one shuts down when I start up nba2k19I: my Xbox shuts down when I start up nba2k19 1dc0e368-acdb-4f34-ba75-0b2f1221dca1
  9. Xbox One shuts down immediately after starting game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One shuts down immediately after starting game: Purchased Xbox One 4 months ago, about week or two ago it has started to shut down right after stating a game. When I restart it is fine. Very annoying for a new console. I have seen this in...
  10. when entering the interface of my xbox one and start a game it shuts down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    when entering the interface of my xbox one and start a game it shuts down.: I want to send my xbox to fix directly to the factory but I do not know how much they charge me I'm from Mexico. b90889a7-579b-4a40-b9c1-019d2f79e53c