Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty?

Discus and support Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased an Xbox One S bundle, which includes the console and two standard controllers, on December 5, 2018. I have noticed a consistent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FontaineRichalds, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty?

Hello,

I purchased an Xbox One S bundle, which includes the console and two standard controllers, on December 5, 2018.

I have noticed a consistent problem with only one of the controllers, where using (pressing) both the Left side joystick in any direction, as well as using (pressing) the Directional Pad (D-Pad) in any direction.... causes my character on any game (tested
    on multiple games, all produced the same issue) to "drift" or continue to move in the direction pressed within normal use, even after I have let go of the button being pressed.

Since it has not yet been a year since the purchase date, shouldn't this controller be under warranty still ?

I attempted to replace the controller using the Microsoft Support site/page, however when I entered the serial number of the bad controller with the problem... Microsoft is telling me that it is not under warranty?

Also, when I tried at length to find anywhere on the Microsoft Support site/page, what exactly the standard warranty is for an Xbox One standard controller.... I could not find it anywhere.

It does not state the warranty for the controller anywhere within the included literature with our console (bundle) box...

....not on their Support Page....

....not with help from the Virtual Assistant....

nowhere.

It only allows me to enter the serial number of the faulty controller within a text box on the Microsoft Support page for checking the warranty status of my controller... where it says my controller is not under warranty....?

But I can't find anywhere, where Microsoft states the length, terms & conditions of the standard controller warranty in general.

How long is the general warranty for an Xbox One controller?

It also needs to be said, that both myself and my girlfriend... we are the only two people who have ever used the console and both controllers, since it was purchased new.... and neither one of us has EVER thrown or dropped either of our controllers.

We are not avid gamers, and we don't get upset or angry when we lose or are playing poorly on a game.

So these controllers have never EVER been dropped or thrown.

We have taken very good care of them.

So we don't understand why this particular controller always "drifts".... after normal use?

Please help?

Any time and effort spent with my request here, is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Fontaine

:)

FontaineRichalds, Oct 7, 2019
  2. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

As others have previously mentioned, the warranty period varies depending where you live. Xbox accessories have a 90 day warranty in US compared to 1 year in Aus. for example. More information HERE.

Unfortunately, Microsoft does not have an extended warranty service on Xbox controllers. However,
    Microsoft does offer a Microsoft Complete extended warranty which covers console and included accessories for up
    3 years. I recommend this when purchasing an Xbox bundle, it's well worth the extra small investment!

I personally purchase individual controllers from places like BestBuy. For a very low cost, they offer an instore replacement warranty for 2-3 years.
  3. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

4. JosemberG N Win User

Eu adquiri tb esse modelo do Xbox one q vem c 2 controle. Nao tive esse problema refente ao que vc relatou.

Ppdensee peoblema na fabricação em alguns lotes
  5. tejo chase Win User

In the UK the standard warranty of accessories including controllers is 90 days.
  6. jerbear30ky Win User

the general warrenty for a controller is 30 days unless it changed
Thema:

1. Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty? - Similar Threads - standard controller standard

2. Where to get repairs for my xbox one standard controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to get repairs for my xbox one standard controller.: I am not good at fixing something like this. The first controller has the tendency to look up. And I don't know if my second controller needs repairs. The PID number (?) is faded out completely...
  3. Xbox One Standard not connecting to new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Standard not connecting to new controller: Ok, so I will try to post as much information so that I don't waste anyone's time. My Xbox One is the Standard version and has not been used since 2015. It hasnt even been switched on, it's been...
  4. Astro A10 headset not working with standard one s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A10 headset not working with standard one s controller: Recently I bought an Astro A10 headset so I could speak to my friends instead of sending messages every time I had to say something. After two weeks of use, the headset no longer works with the...
  5. The audio jack on my standard control failed

in XBoX on Consoles
    The audio jack on my standard control failed: Hello After a few months I got my xbox s console, it was working well with no issues. Then the audio jack from the control just stop working, now I cannot hear nor speak trhough the headset I...
  6. Xbox Adaptive Controller Supported Joysticks & Standards

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller Supported Joysticks & Standards: Hi, Could someone please tell me if there is a complete list of supported joysticks (besides those listed on Accessories | Xbox One) that work with the USB 2 ports on the Xbox Adaptive...
  7. Is there anyway to play with a standard control and remap the triggers with the bumpers on BO2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to play with a standard control and remap the triggers with the bumpers on BO2?: I'm having trouble playing flipped on my xbox one standard controller. I tried remapping the buttons but it seems that there is no way to move our triggers to bumpers. I just want to be able to...
  8. Forza 6 standard edition - How to setup two player with two controller on Xboxone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 6 standard edition - How to setup two player with two controller on Xboxone: Hello, I am newbie to the Xbox One world. Trying to find out how to setup Forza 6 standard edition in split screen offline multi player mode. I already have two controllers. I have tried...
  9. Xbox One X And Elite controller - no audio via headphone port, but standard controller works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X And Elite controller - no audio via headphone port, but standard controller works: I have an Xbox One X and thought I would try the Dolby Atmos via headphones for late night gaming. This works well with the standard controller or the Xbox One S controller via the headphone...
  10. controller xbox one s on xbox one standard

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller xbox one s on xbox one standard: if i have the new xbox one s controller i can conect in ano xbox one standard 2a2234fd-fa7a-4bea-98e9-c7eee0987951