Xbox One S stuck on 640x480 (480p) Resolution (in monitor)

Discus and support Xbox One S stuck on 640x480 (480p) Resolution (in monitor) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have my Xbox One S plugged up to my monitor to play some Fortnite (cause I'm migrating from controller (besides ps4/switch) to mouse/keyboard on Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by parappawithfries, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One S stuck on 640x480 (480p) Resolution (in monitor)

I have my Xbox One S plugged up to my monitor to play some Fortnite (cause I'm migrating from controller (besides ps4/switch) to mouse/keyboard on Xbox cause it's the only "PC" based item I can use
    as of right now), but when it shows the display, it's stuck on 640x480. When I plug it back into my TV, it works at 1080p, or 720p. The adapter (HDMI to DVI/other way around) that I'm using supports it, cause I used my Nintendo Switch on it (and PS3). Here's
    what I tried. Enabling the YCC option, and testing the "tv". Neither worked. I also unplugged it and replugged it back in, but nope. It's fine if it's not fixable for the monitor, cause I need to get a new adapter anyways (this one only has DVI, no output
    for audio.)

:)

parappawithfries, Apr 15, 2019
  2. parappawithfries Win User

I don't see why the monitor wouldn't. My TV runs at 1080p 60Hz (I believe), and it's full res no lag. The monitor runs my Windows 7 PC at 1280x720, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't. (60Hz also)
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Try switching the display input to HDMI instead of dv or auto and hard restart the console.
  4. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Parappa thanks for keeping in touch.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would
    suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <(while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup to make absolutely sure the OS isn't at fault here. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there parappawithfries!

Thank you for responding, as it is working perfectly fine on the TV but does not provide the same resolution on the monitor it looks like the problem could be that the monitor does not support the resolution.

Take a look at the following support article for more information on
    Adjusting display settings on your Xbox One

[b]Note: [/b][i]If you have an Xbox One S or X and your TV supports 120Hz over HDMI, you’ll see this setting under
    [b]Display[/b] > [b]Resolution[/b]. [/i]
    I hope this helps.
  6. parappawithfries Win User

Hello, thanks for responding so quick! I went to my settings, but the only resolution available is 640x480. I made sure the connection was good, but nothing. Still stuck on 480p (only on monitor). It's fine on the TV (1080p), but my TV is hung on my wall
    above my head and it gives me eye strain and neck pain, so I decided to use my monitor for the sake of my health. I need to get a new one (16:9 instead of 4:3) anyways, so I guess I'll try to get a widescreen one with HDMI support. Thanks for responding!
Thema:

1. Xbox One S stuck on 640x480 (480p) Resolution (in monitor) - Similar Threads - stuck 640x480 480p

2. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition stuck in trial mode after redeeming code from Mojang

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition stuck in trial mode after redeeming code from Mojang: I recently just remembered Mojang issued codes to people who had Minecraft before Java Edition came out and I redeemed mine. I am trying to save a world from Xbox One (not xbox one edition, it...
  3. Minecraft Bedrock Realms - Illager RAID stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Realms - Illager RAID stuck: During initial launch of 1.14, I accidentally killed the last illager in a RAID in the nether. Now, the raid is stuck and I cant summon another. How do I get support in fixing this? How do I fix...
  4. Dead rising 4 stuck in spanish please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead rising 4 stuck in spanish please help: Hey there fellow xbox gamers, i downloaded dead rising 4 with the game pass, its stuck in spanish and i cannot turn it to english. I have unistalled 3 times and re installed. I have reset my xbox...
  5. Xbox one s stuck in low resolution mode 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s stuck in low resolution mode 640x480: My Xbox one s is stuck in low resolution mode 640x480 since the last update... Every time I try to change it, the screen goes blank then comes on again after a few seconds.. It used to be fine...
  6. Stuck in 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck in 640x480: ok so I moved my tv and xbox into another room in my house and now my xbox will only play in 640x480. When ever I click on a better resolution my screen stays black. Iv tried to change it on 2...
  7. Stuck in 640x480 *FIXED*

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck in 640x480 *FIXED*: If anyone else has had this issue then you know as well as I how infuriating it is, fortunately I've found the fix, extremely simple if I'm honest, go to TV display settings on your TV and set the...
  8. Xbox One TV Resolution Stuck in 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One TV Resolution Stuck in 640x480: My Xbox One, as of today, is now officially stuck in 640x480. I have never used this mode before, always have had 1080x720 used as my default through yesterday. It got stuck in this today and I am...
  9. xbox one stuck in 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one stuck in 640x480: So i've noticed this thread a bit and not many solutions but after a few hours of being nothing but relentless to get my Xbox to 1080p i finally solved it. (SOLUTION AT THE BELOW) I turned my...
  10. xbox one stuck in 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one stuck in 640x480: i was using my xbox one last night at up till about 10pm eastern. went to work. picked up titanfall after. got home around 7am and now for seemingly no reason it no longer recognizes 1920x1080 or...