Xbox one s sync button broken

Discus and support Xbox one s sync button broken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think my xbox one s sync button is broken. When i push on it, it just goes all the way down doesnt even click. Ive tried to connect 3 different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coco Fisher, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Coco Fisher
    Coco Fisher Guest

I think my xbox one s sync button is broken. When i push on it, it just goes all the way down doesnt even click. Ive tried to connect 3 different controllers with the usb and that didnt work either. What can i do?

:)

Coco Fisher, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Coco Fisher Win User

When i push the sync button the xbox logo does not blink. Ive tried a couple usb cords but i can try more.
  3. Coco Fisher Win User

I will try that later today. My warranty has expired so if nothing works ill have to start saving for a new xbox.
  4. Coco Fisher Win User

And with one of the cords it did turn the controller but didnt connect to my xbox, just stayed connected to my sisters
  5. OakGill Win User

Hello, I read your post oh, and I believe I understand your situation. The Xbox Ambassadors are here to help.

When you say it pushes all the way down, is that to say it doesn't click, or rather detent? Notice the Xbox power light above it, does it do anything when you press the button? Also as mentioned by another Ambassador in a response above, not all USB cables
    are compatible with these controllers. If for nothing else, if you can't get this resolved, might I suggest purchasing a corded controller from an authorized retailer.

Hope this helps.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Unplug the cables from your console and gently "tilt" the console around. Do you hear a loose part rattling around? That might be the sync button that became loose.

If that's the case, please go to
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
    and sign up your console for repair.

As for the USB cable connection not working: As Panno92 already said, if you are using an USB cable that you use for charging your Smartphone, be aware that charging cables usually only have the power lines connected, not the USB data lines (in order to
    save costs).

Try a known working Micro USB data cable, that you used on your PC for example with a card reader or other device that could transmit data to your PC.

When the controller is connected to the console with that cable, make sure the controller works and the console reacts to the controller input. If that's the case, disconnect the cable, and the controller should be synced to the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox one s sync button broken - Similar Threads - sync button broken

2. Xbox Sync Button Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Sync Button Broken: Hi, I've had this problem for like a week or so now and whenever I press the sync button the power button doesn't flash and I can't sync anything to it. So I've had no audio for a bit and I can't...
  3. X Box One X - Sync Button and USB Port in the Front - doesnt work

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One X - Sync Button and USB Port in the Front - doesnt work: Hello everyone! My current problem is, that the USB Port and the Sync Button next to it doesnt work on the X Box One X. I tried a Factory Reset (without reseting APPs) but it didnt work. Now...
  4. My sync button doesn’t work and I can’t connect my wireless headset

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sync button doesn’t work and I can’t connect my wireless headset: My sync button just doesn’t work, past warranty, not enough money to buy a new Xbox. If it’s possible, a sync ‘button’ in settings could help if this happens to anyone else. I know the headset...
  5. Xbox One S all digital console sync button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S all digital console sync button not working: I just got a new controller but my console sync button doesn't work. No matter how hard or how long I press it, it won't go into sync mode. I think I've had this issue ever since I got the...
  6. How do I sync to phone with a broken Sync button

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I sync to phone with a broken Sync button: Second time posting, hopefully in a more popular place. I want to try the streaming service for android but my xbox controller's sync button is stuck down, is there any way I can sync in with...
  7. Any way around a broken Sync (Enroll) button?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way around a broken Sync (Enroll) button?: So a few years ago my xbox took a tumble and lost the ability to use any of the buttons on the outside of the xbox including the power, disc and now enroll button. This is a problem because i got...
  8. My sync button is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sync button is broken: hello to every person who see's this i bought an xbox one remote and it's already broken the sync button is stuck in and keeps puting it in sync mode the best thing i could do at the time is rip...
  9. Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?: The sync button on my xbox one has suddenly stooped working and my controller has disconnected. Can I use a kinect to connect my controller even with the button on the console not working?...
  10. sync button broken on my controller, can i still connect wirelessly?

in XBoX on Windows
    sync button broken on my controller, can i still connect wirelessly?: The sync button on my windows xbox one controller is broken and i would still like to wirelessly connect my controller to my pc. i dont want to fix the button. is there a way to connect without...