Xbox one s ticking sound while turned off

Discus and support Xbox one s ticking sound while turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello there, sorry for my english i was cleaning my desk with the xbox turned off, and I realized that it made a noise, nothing loud, I just wonder if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SavioBezerra, Feb 25, 2019.

1. SavioBezerra
    SavioBezerra Guest

hello there, sorry for my english

i was cleaning my desk with the xbox turned off, and I realized that it made a noise, nothing loud, I just wonder if it is normal. The xbox is in power saving mode (it was turned off completely)the noise is similar to this one in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0la8LMRDpk

thnx

:)

SavioBezerra, Feb 25, 2019
  2. ccmobs Win User

As previously stated, this is a wide-spread issue. Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzV4U1LJuO0 to hear what someone recorded or simply Google "Xbox One S ticking
    noise when off."

No external drive, no overheating, does not occur during normal use...only when console is off (energy saver mode). I am sure Microsoft is aware of this issue, and as I previously stated, there are no problems during normal use....everything works just fine.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Thanks for the video that was very helpful in hearing what the sound is.

That said couple of things, and please note this is best guesses since I can't really dig around and see what might be going on.

1) Sounds like a good doggo in the background keeping your house safe from squirrels. Good dog.

2) It could be a couple things that I would look at first. Power or hard drive

For power, I would troubleshoot by unplugging the console and plugging it into a different outlet. Make sure not to plug it into a strip, UPS, or surge protector. Let it run on that outlet for a while and power down and see if the issue persists there.

I have seen hard drives make a similar clicking sound when they are going bad. Make sure you have any external drives disconnected. Check your settings on the console to see if it has the option to turn off the hard drive when powered down (even if it's
    power save mode, see if that option is available) and select to allow the console to turn off storage. Test to see if you hear the sound.

It might also be a good idea to take your console to a safe space outside and clean the console with canned air to see if anything is stuck in there, possibly?

If the issue persists, then I might recommend looking into creating a service request for the console via
    Microsoft Device Support.

Try those steps one by one and let us know if it persists or anything changes, and we might be able to provide some further troubleshooting steps.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Good question, but now I'm going to go home and listen to mine and see if it does. I'll report back; haven't ever listened and with two kids it's rarely quiet in my house enough to hear that kinda thing.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Savio,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Personally I wouldn't worry about the noise. Keep monitoring the noise if gets louder or continues to do this then might want to have the console checked out.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox one s ticking sound while turned off - Similar Threads - ticking sound while

2. Microsoft Rewards Achievement isn’t ticking off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards Achievement isn’t ticking off: Hi my microsoft rewards 500point reward for completeing a forza street achievemnet isnt ticking off even though i have done an achievement. I’m not sure as to what to do. Thanks...
  3. Ticking sound coming from xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ticking sound coming from xbox one x: Hi all I recently upgraded to the one x My problem is that, when initially powered up, a faint ticking sound can be heard from one of the fans. This will continue for a few minutes when the...
  4. I have double checked everything all green ticks Im enrolled I've checked the console...

in XboX Insiders
    I have double checked everything all green ticks Im enrolled I've checked the console...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pro007er [link] [comments]
  5. Brand new Xbox one S weird ticking noise when fully powered off but still plugged in to socket

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one S weird ticking noise when fully powered off but still plugged in to socket: Hello, my new xbox (first time plugged in) is giving weird ticking noise when powered off (power-saving mode). It gives noise when plugged in to mains socket and extension sockets. My socket is...
  6. Xbox One S ticking sound from fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S ticking sound from fan: I posted here earlier about an issue with my OG Xbox One. But, this is about a seperate issue to do with my One S. Because of the ahem, "fault", with my Xbox One, I bought an S. I've had 2 and...
  7. Xbox one s ticking sound when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s ticking sound when off: I just got a brand new xbox one s from gamestop, plugged it in and noticed the ticking sound. Didnt think much about it until I turned it on and also heard the sound there. The sound when off...
  8. Ticking sound and system error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ticking sound and system error: when I turn on my xbox one s I get a screen saying Something went wrong Restart this xbox Troubleshoot System error: (a bunch of characters that change everytime) Then when I click on...
  9. Xbox One Console static electricity sound and ticking sound when turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Console static electricity sound and ticking sound when turning off: Greeting ray movie, I turned off my Xbox One, and all of a sudden there was this ticking noise when the console was off, I DO NOT have it on standby mode. And this started happening TODAY. So,...
  10. Xbox One controller ticking sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller ticking sound: Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. Recently purchased the XO and whenever I press left or down or any where in between on the left anolog stick, it makes a slightly annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one ticking noise when off

2. xbox one ticking noise

3. xbox one s ticking sound when turned off

4. xbox one s ticking noise when off,
  5. xbox one making clicking noise,
  6. xbox one s ticking noise when turning off is it normal,
  7. xbox one s ticking noise,
  8. xbox on while turned off