Xbox One S Unable To Download/Update Games And Apps

Discus and support Xbox One S Unable To Download/Update Games And Apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox One S is unable to download or update games and apps. It will say installing for awhile (no download speed shown) and then installation... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WilKGH, May 7, 2020.

1. WilKGH
    WilKGH Guest

My Xbox One S is unable to download or update games and apps. It will say installing for awhile (no download speed shown) and then installation stopped. The profile logged in is correct, the console is up to date, the network speed is solid, and there is
    plenty of space left in the hard drive. I also haven't seen any error codes.

I have already tried the following:

• Restart the console (unplugged power cable too)
    • Reset the console (both hard and factory reset [tried both the keep games and apps option as well as a full factory reset])
    • Cancel install and then reinstall
    • Clear local saved games
    • Reformat hard drive
    • Switch between internal and external hard drive

The strange thing is I was able to download some apps. Don't know what to make of that.

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

WilKGH, May 7, 2020
  2. WilKGH Win User

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Yes, I have tried disconnecting the external hard drive and downloading just on the internal hard drive. Didn't work.

Unfortunately, my internet is Wi-Fi only (Boingo Wireless) so I am unable to use an ethernet cable to test.

I ran another network speed test and the results were:

• Download speed: 54.32 Mbps
    • Upload speed: 52.78 Mbps
    • Packet loss: 0%
    • MTU: 1480
    • Latency: 19 ms
    • Wireless strength: 100%
    Doesn't seem to be any problem there.

EDIT: Changing the port and DNS settings seems to have fixed the issue (for now at least).

Now all I have to do is download everything again...

Thanks for trying to help though.
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

if there is always an external storage device connected be sure to try to see what happens when it's not connected.

If your console is connected via wireless to the internet be sure to try and see what happens when connected via cable, if the console is already connected by cable also try and see if there is a difference when using a different cable.

Also run the network speed test on the console to see if that shows any issues.

Let it know if there are any results
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

XBOX Ultimate Game Pass Games not updating, and don´t launch.

Sorry to hear it. Please try using the Beta App to update the games if the Store app is not working. If you are unable to download the Beta App then make sure your PC is up to date with no pending updates
  5. William_tg Win User

Não consigo baixar um App - XBOX 360

Não tem o app no xbox one s tbm.. Queria baixar!

[Edit - Translation] - There is no app on the xbox one s tbm .. I wanted to download it!
  6. gds1972 Win User

Installation speed very slow.

Thema:

1. Xbox One S Unable To Download/Update Games And Apps - Similar Threads - Unable Download Update

2. Xbox Indsider Pending update - unable to download games. Connected?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Indsider Pending update - unable to download games. Connected?: [IMG] Sorry - bit of a confusing title, but I'm having a range of issues - Firstly, my Insider seems to be stuck on Pending Update, which I only found after trying to troubleshoot why my xbox...
  3. Game Pass on PC, Unable to Download New State of Decay Update

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass on PC, Unable to Download New State of Decay Update: So when reading the faqs on the State of Decay 2 Juggernaut update, it said that I had to uninstall the game and reinstall it fresh for the update to work and use my saves that I've been sharing...
  4. Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game: Hi All, want to check if anyone has a solution for the problem here. Have been trying to install the console system updates, but it always get stuck for hours and I have to hard restart the...
  5. Unable to download new games & updates; receive error code: 0x8007045d.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download new games & updates; receive error code: 0x8007045d.: My new games and updates will not download. The download starts but then stops and receive notification that something went wrong. Message informs me to give it another try and if this happens...
  6. Unable to download any updates, how to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download any updates, how to fix it?: I have been trying for the past two days now to play some games on my Xbox One but nothing I do works. I am stuck in some sort of Installation Stopped loop. When trying to update a game so that I...
  7. Unable to install/Download games and updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install/Download games and updates: Hey everyone. So I've been having this problem which I know some people had in the past with installing and downloading games and updates on my Xbox. It started 2 days ago with an update to...
  8. unable to download update , status code: 4476-0000-D080-0200-8007-0570

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to download update , status code: 4476-0000-D080-0200-8007-0570: Hello, When trying to download updates throws out from xbox live. When xbox turn off, the connection to the xbox live occurs. problems occur when trying to download an update. [img] status code:...
  9. Unable to download games/game updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download games/game updates: I got error E105 and only problems I am really having is installing or updates for games 95df201e-c1aa-4367-9c34-576869a44956
  10. Unable to download updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download updates: Kindly assist me regarding xbox 360 kinect unable to download updates. 172830a5-b686-4cba-bef3-84d436510e94