: XBox One S WiFi issue

Discus and support : XBox One S WiFi issue in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : XBox One S WiFi issue Hi. I got problem with wifi conection. My xbox one s connect only to 5g wifi, refusing to connect to 2.4g. quite frustrating... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Paweł Rzepka, Nov 19, 2020.

1. : XBox One S WiFi issue

Hi. I got problem with wifi conection.

My xbox one s connect only to 5g wifi, refusing to connect to 2.4g.

quite frustrating me, because if we crosplaying im not able to connect my laptop to same network (old wifi works only 2.4g) and canot use multiplayer.

My modem its UK Talk Talk modem, dont got any info about it.

:)

Paweł Rzepka, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Vauxion Win User

Xbox One X (Wireless LAG spike issues)

I have both my Xbox One S and Xbox One X and the S works FINE.

The Xbox One X has a KNOWN WIFI issue which I thought would be fixed a YEAR later..

Don't try to troubleshoot me with all that Wifi wizard (Mod Removed - Profanity)
  3. Mattyb71 Win User

Xbox One S Wifi Issues

I'm back at square one again it was working perfectly fine when I set it up yesterday and come the next day, I turn it on and it won't connect. Even though it finally managed to only 20 minutes later, fast forward a couple of hours it constantly disconnected
    me and it wouldn't connect at all. I just don't understand how when I turn off the Xbox S it has a hard time to connect to the router where as everything else manages just fine, at this rate I 'll just have to go back to my original Xbox One.
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Xbox One S Wifi Issues

Thanks for the update Mattyb70.

Sorry to hear about the continue network trouble, please keep us in the loop with how it goes when you receive your Xbox One back. We're happy to hellp out.
  5. Mattyb71 Win User

Xbox One S Wifi Issues

There is only one wireless router in the house, Ethernent isn't really an option since the router is downstairs. The troubleshooting steps I've tried have been:

- Power cycle reset

- Port forwarding the wireless MAC to the Router

-Hard resting the Xbox (holding power button for 8 - 10 seconds)

At the moment it hasn't been disconnecting from live, it's just when it boots up it's not automatically connected to the router and it takes some time for it to finally connect
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Xbox One S Wifi Issues

Hey there Mattyb70.

Do you have your console set to Instant On or do you have Power Save enabled? If you're currently set to Instant On, try visiting Settings > Power and change to Power Save to see if there is any change when you boot up your console. Can you also share what
    the make and model of your wireless router is? Thanks!
Thema:

1. : XBox One S WiFi issue - Similar Threads - WiFi issue

2. Xbox series x wifi issues after sleep

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x wifi issues after sleep: I’ve had a problem where my xbox series x will not connect to wifi after it is in sleep mode. It wasnt even connecting after a full shutdown despite every other device in my house working just...
  3. Xbox 360 WiFi connection issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 WiFi connection issue.: Hello, For some reason my sons 360 will not connect to the wifi at all. I tried resetting the modem/ router and it shows as one of the modems/ routers to pick from but it says network failure...
  4. Xbox Series X WiFi Issue with Fritz.Box 3490

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X WiFi Issue with Fritz.Box 3490: Hey, I'v read about connectivity issues with Fritz.Box 7430 routers via Wi-Fi. I have a very similar problem. Every few starts of the Xbox it says that i need to connect to the Internet. When...
  5. Xbox Series X Wifi issues - lags out and disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wifi issues - lags out and disconnects: Hello, At first when I got the console this behaivour presented just a few times which I thought was a problem with my ISP so I just ignored it. Lately it has happened a lot of times. While I am...
  6. Wifi Issue for Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Issue for Xbox Series X: Hello there, I can connect WIFI successfully to my New Series X. It works fine till I turn off. When I start my console again from Beginning I always need to connect WIFI from setup WIFI network....
  7. WiFi Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi Issues: Wanted to see if anyone has this issue with their wifi..so family upgraded the wifi security and now im unable to find the wifi network for Xbox Series S.Im able to connect from my phone if i...
  8. Strange issue with Series X and WiFi

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue with Series X and WiFi: Hi folks, I have an issue here with my launchday Series X and my router (Fritz.Box 7430), if I connect through wifi. So it works fine with an Ethernet cable but not with wifi, while the Xbox and...
  9. Xbox Series X wifi connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X wifi connection issues: I got my xbox series X about 24 horus ago and since then have not been able to do anything. I initially set it up with the xbox app and when i started to download assassins creed valhalla, even...
  10. XBOX Series X - WiFi issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X - WiFi issue: So I have the new XBOX Series X console and I am not able to connect this to my WiFi. Old console is working OK. New Series X is working OK on cable, but WiFi is giving me an error. I have tried...