Xbox one S will not recognise 500gb ssd

Discus and support Xbox one S will not recognise 500gb ssd in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I decided to upgrade the internal hdd of my One S to a ssd (500gb) . At first I tried using a crucial BX500 which the console would not recognise... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lost_Gecko, Nov 23, 2021 at 6:32 PM.

1. Lost_Gecko
    Lost_Gecko Guest

Hi

I decided to upgrade the internal hdd of my One S to a ssd (500gb) . At first I tried using a crucial BX500 which the console would not recognise so got a WD blue 500gb ssd which worked for a day. The console booted up on the troubleshoot mode and would no longer recognise the WD ssd and I had to reinstall the og hdd to get the console to work.

I connected both ssd's to my pc and formatted them to NTFS prior to install and used OSU1 for the initial install.

I have now reformatted both and connected via a usb adapter to use as external storage and the console will still not recognise they are connected (tried all 3 ports and 2 different adapter cables).

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

2. Smwutches Win User

We cannot assist with self repair.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Lost_Gecko, how are you today? Hope you're well.

The SSD is on a case that permits you to connect externally, right?

Assuming the answer is yes, have you tried to restore your console?

Please try it, and then try to connect it again. :)

First clean the cache of your console that way:

1. With the console turned on, hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear a small sound.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Turn it back on.

Note: It may take a while for him to call, don't worry, it's normal.

Then, restore your console keeping the games and apps:

***IMPORTANT*** If you share accounts with someone, you will have to redo the process of placing the account as the main one again, be aware of the chances you still have to do this, as Microsoft makes available per year, only 5 chances so you can make some account your console's main account.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console Information >

3. Select Reset console > Restore and keep my games and apps.

4. When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

5. You will have to log in your accounts again, and when you sign in with your account, make sure you turn it has your home console also, that's it.

NOTE: Rest assured, you won't lose games or saves
  4. IgotTSondabrain Win User

xbox one S - will it have hybrid drive like the elite?

you can also get an external SSD drive and store your games on that and just buy the 500GB S
  5. XxEndless WarxX Win User

Do you think Microsoft should allow Xbox One users to Upgrade their Hard-Drives, or offer a service giving users options for them to Upgrade our hard-drives for us?

6. Chris238 Win User

Xbox One Elite Bundle

These aren't SSDs, they are hybrid SSDs. (Combination of a regular platter, with a smaller SSD "Cache") These have been available in 500GB size for many years now, and for only a tiny bit more money than a regular 500GB HDD.
Thema:

1. Xbox one S will not recognise 500gb ssd - Similar Threads - recognise 500gb ssd

2. The Xbox app on PC does not recognise that I own Forza, but the website and MS Store does.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox app on PC does not recognise that I own Forza, but the website and MS Store does.: As per the title, both the website and MS Store app tell me I can install the game, but when I go to the xbox app I cannot install it. Clicking "Buy" then tells me I already own it. Rather...
  3. EA Desktop won't recognise my EA play subscription from gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Desktop won't recognise my EA play subscription from gamepass: I cannot get EA play, although i have linked my accounts properly. I have also tried getting Xbox support on a call, but everytime I enter my phone number it says "Something went wrong on our end....
  4. Why doesn't the xbox app ON PC recognise my second hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't the xbox app ON PC recognise my second hard drive?: In the settings it's visible under select default storage but if I go to install a game, it only gives me my C: drive as an option. I have tried reinstalling everything,...
  5. Xbox One controller no longer recognised as connected by Cloud gaming (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller no longer recognised as connected by Cloud gaming (Windows 10): Hello, I have previously enjoyed being able to pay cloud xbox games with my Xbox One controller over Bluetooth, but while it is recognised in Windows 10 device manager, the Xbox cloud gaming...
  6. Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite: i watched multiple videos but they are sadly outdated and have something to do with xbox insider?i just want to play fortnite splitscreen with a keyboard and mouse and controller...
  7. Xbox Series X recognising game as Xbox One Version

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X recognising game as Xbox One Version: Hi all, I got fifa 22 through the post today but by series X is seeing it as the Xbox One version when I install it. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Thanks, Kyle...
  8. My Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5 external SSD for media. Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5 external SSD for media. Help!: My Series X updated itself two nights ago (23rd of August), and since then, the external media hard drive I'd been using since I'd had an Xbox One has stopped working. The Xbox can see that it's...
  9. External storage issue. Drive not being recognised by Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    External storage issue. Drive not being recognised by Xbox: Hi, there appears to be a bug with the latest xbox one update. I think OS version xb_flt_2109co.210920-1845. Before this update I could use an external drive to watch media on it, but now my drive...
  10. After a recent update (23rd August), my Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5...

in XboX Insiders
    After a recent update (23rd August), my Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5...: Hey all, I've been using the Samsung T5 2GB external SSD for media since I had my Xbox One. I've never had a problem with it until now. I turned on my Xbox on August 24 and went to watch a movie...