Xbox One S won’t go above 720p and only just about works on a 4K tv

Discus and support Xbox One S won’t go above 720p and only just about works on a 4K tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought an xbox one s on facebook marketplace and It will not work on my TV (not smart or 4k) or my sisters Samsung TV (not smart or 4k) but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TomoLad, Sep 28, 2019.

1. TomoLad
    TomoLad Guest

I recently bought an xbox one s on facebook marketplace and It will not work on my TV (not smart or 4k) or my sisters Samsung TV (not smart or 4k) but it will work on the 4K Toshiba Smart TV.

only issue on the 4k TV is that randomly every few minutes the screen will go black for a second then comes back and it will not let me switch above 720p as when i try 4k and 1080p it will just stay black screen.

I feel like it might be the HDMI port on my xbox one that might be dodgy.

(I have tried multiple HDMIs and I’ve done a hard reset and a reset through the settings and nothing is working)

I can provide more information if needed.

Also my friend brings his xbox one around a lot and his xbox one s works on my TV (Not smart or 4k).

:)

TomoLad, Sep 28, 2019
  2. JohnnyXeo Win User

When you switch TVs it stays on the previous TVs settings. Manually change it as the previous poster suggested.
  3. Dont Test Me Win User

I recently bought an xbox one s on facebook marketplace and It will not work on my TV (not smart or 4k) or my sisters Samsung TV (not smart or 4k) but it will work on the 4K Toshiba Smart TV.

only issue on the 4k TV is that randomly every few minutes the screen will go black for a second then comes back and it will not let me switch above 720p as when i try 4k and 1080p it will just stay black screen.

I feel like it might be the HDMI port on my xbox one that might be dodgy.

(I have tried multiple HDMIs and I’ve done a hard reset and a reset through the settings and nothing is working)

I can provide more information if needed.

Also my friend brings his xbox one around a lot and his xbox one s works on my TV (Not smart or 4k).
    not sure if this helps but its worth a try Select Settings. Under Display & sound, select Video output. Select TV resolution, and then select either
    720p, 1080p or 4K UHD, whichever is best for your TV. Note If you don't see the resolution for your TV, make sure to set TV connection to Auto detect.
  4. TomoLad Win User

XBF Eladio M, I’ve done the reset when it’s plugged into my tv but it still does not display on my tv the screen just constantly stays black then it says no signal so I know it didn’t work,
  5. TomoLad Win User

I have set it to Auto-Detect and i have tried switching to 1080p or 4k and the screen is just completely black then it goes to no signal on my TV so it definitely isn’t working on anything above 720p but even using 720p it has a random black screen problem
    every few minutes
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Lad

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with being able to correctly display alternate TV resolutions on your console.

There appears to be some configuration on your console that is not being correctly adjusted, just as stated by Dont Test Me.

I would recommend that you
    boot up your console in a low-res state
    , and try to work your way up to a resolution that most benefits your TV.

This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep.
      DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the
      Xbox button and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an
      Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the
      Xbox button to open the guide. Go to System >
      Settings
      > Display & sound > Video output, and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.

I hope this is of some use to you.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won’t go above 720p and only just about works on a 4K tv - Similar Threads - won’t above 720p

2. Lego Jurassic World won’t launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lego Jurassic World won’t launch: Hi I unable to launch Lego Jurassic World for xbox one. I have reinstalled the game and uninstalled it before and it hasnt worked. it would launch the lego would appear and then close back out...
  3. Game won’t work after soft reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t work after soft reset: hey guys, i recently did a soft reset trying to fix another problem that is still persisting smh. the new problem is that i have a battlefield 1 edition console, that came with battlefield 1...
  4. My Xbox live code won’t work

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My Xbox live code won’t work: I bought a 3 month xbox live gold card. I did this at gamestop. I come home no the code wasnt scratched. It claims my code has already been redeemed. This is not okay. If its not fixed in a few...
  5. Won’t Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t Update: My Xbox one would not sign into my profile, literally tried everything bit the bullet and factory reset it. Now it cannot get it set up because when i get to the update part it gives me an error...
  6. Settings app won’t load on my Xbox one s. Furthermore the app tiles won’t load either.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Settings app won’t load on my Xbox one s. Furthermore the app tiles won’t load either.: Yes i have done a power cycle yes i have done a system cycle no my network isint having problems (i have and xbox one and and xbox one x both on the same network and am not experiencing issues...
  7. I need help my Xbox won’t come on!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help my Xbox won’t come on!: Could i go exchange my xbox one s for another one even if i have no warranty? Yes it is passed 30 days like its been 40 days maybe. I dont know whats going though, it just doesnt want to turn back...
  8. Won’t let me update

in XboX Insiders
    Won’t let me update: I got the invite message to join alpha skip ahead. I followed the steps to apply it but the option isn’t there. Is there something I’m missing? submitted by /u/Alien_Biscuit [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One S won’t load games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S won’t load games: My xbox one S wont load anything even when i go to my games and apps its just a constant loading circle and when i go to the settings it keeps freezing whem i try to access my storage , I have...
  10. Headset won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset won’t work: My headset wont work. the headset isnt the problem as it works in my phone. the controller has the port to plug into but it just isnt reading that there is a headset plugged in. i called JB HI...