Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs

Discus and support Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every time I put in an Xbox game, the Xbox doesn’t detect it. I know the discs work because I use them in a different Xbox. When I put in a disc, I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mr-Raspberry, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs

Every time I put in an Xbox game, the Xbox doesn’t detect it. I know the discs work because I use them in a different Xbox. When I put in a disc, I hear the same noise on a loop, so I’d assume something’s wrong with the disc drive, but when I put in a blue ray disc, only the blue ray disc starts up. I’ve reset my Xbox, cleared cache, all the things other websites tell me to do, but from what I can tell, my situation is a little unique

I’m very confused, and I’d gladly accept any help given, thank you.

submitted by /u/Mr-Raspberry
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mr-Raspberry, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Retrocompatibilidade [Translate] Backwards Compatible

Hi,

Sorry about your problem there.

If the power cycle doesn't work, then I'm sorry but your console will require a repair.

The drive that reads discs in your Xbox One is a Blu-ray optical drive. It uses a blue type laser to read the data etched into the Blu-ray discs that Xbox One game discs use. Xbox 360 discs on the other hand are DVD discs. DVD discs are read by a red laser.
    Both the red and the blue lasers are built into the consoles optical drive as a complete package.

Sometimes one of the laser mechanisms will fail. So you'll either have Xbox One discs (and Blu-ray films) read fine, but DVD discs - both Xbox games, and DVD movie discs - not be read. It can also happen the other way around.

There is no way to fix this yourself. You would have to send the whole unit off to Microsoft for a repair.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
  4. smileskybird Win User

benefits of going digital?

Depends on the read speed of the Blu-ray drive. I did some research on Wikipedia and PS4's Blu-ray drive and found this...

"The read-only optical drive will read Blu-ray discs at 6x constant angular velocity for a maximum read speed of 27 MB/s – a significant upgrade from the PS3's 2x speeds that were capped at 9MB/s."

en.wikipedia.org/.../PlayStation_4_technical_specifications

"Like PlayStation 3, the Blu-ray Disc drive should be capable of reading 16-layer 400 GB discs"

en.wikipedia.org/.../Ps4

M hasn't released officially any specific info of the read speed for Xbox One of it's Blu-ray drive. Maybe it will also depend on the read speed of Xbox One's HDD? Whether it will be a 5400rpm or 7200rpm. I think both digital and disc should be around the
    same for loading times, since games from disc have to be installed for Xbox One just like digital downloads will also be installed onto the HDD.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Simple Enquiry...

Xbox One discs are Dual Layer BD-ROM discs 50 GB, which is pretty much standard now. In addition, the One S and the One X can also read UHD Blu-ray feature film discs. Neither the One S or One X can read BDXL discs, I don't know enough about the hardware
    to say for sure if this is due to a hardware or software issue. Note that despite the similar storage capabilities, UHD Movie Blu-ray discs are factory pressed, while BDXL is a writable format largely for burning discs with a PC.

Despite the One S and the One X's ability to read UHD discs, they will not be used for Game media.
  6. UncleanerGnu693 Win User

Why my xbox 360 won't read halo 4?

Has the disc played successfully on your console previously? As simply saying it won`t play is not enough information for any of us to work with to try and help you.

Also, since Halo 4 is a two disc game, are you inserting the correct disc as one is the game disc and the other is the installation disc?
    Yes, it's been played before on my xbox and yes I've been inserting the disc 1 which contains the game itself. However, one day out of the blue my xbox didn't play it.
Thema:

Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs

1. Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs - Similar Threads - won’t install disc

2. Hard copy of FIFA 21 purchased, installed but automatically uninstalled and won’t let my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard copy of FIFA 21 purchased, installed but automatically uninstalled and won’t let my...: My son has an Xbox Series X. I purchased FIFA 21 2 days ago so he can play online with friends. No problem on first day but now it has uninstalled itself and won’t reinstall. Says we need to...
  3. Game won’t even try to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t even try to install: Alright so I played gta when ever I had the chance. I wanted to redo the rdr2 campaign again so I downloaded rdr2 again and I needed to clear up some space. I swear I picked 2k to remove for it...
  4. Blu-Ray won’t install on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray won’t install on Xbox One: Please do not suggest the same as I have read through hundreds of other posts on here! Blu-Ray player appears in the queue but does not move from 0.00B downloaded then ‘Installation Stopped’ pops...
  5. Roblox won’t install on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox won’t install on Xbox One: I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue with no progress. I am able to download Roblox onto my Xbox One, but when it attempts to install it, notiing happens. Robolox appears in the queue and...
  6. My Call Of Duty Cold War game won’t install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Call Of Duty Cold War game won’t install.: Ever since call of duty cold war had an update a month or so ago, my game wouldn’t load/open. I automatically thought it needed to update since my xbox one in the basement had an update. I have...
  7. Alexa won’t open apps as it thinks they’re not installed

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa won’t open apps as it thinks they’re not installed: Just got my Amazon echo dot (3rd gen) and linked to my Xbox. I say, for example “Alexa open Netflix“ and it will take me to the Microsoft store page for Netflix rather than just open it even...
  8. EA Play won’t install games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Play won’t install games: So I thought it would be cool to play Battlefield or PvZ with EA play and the xbox pc game pass, so i installed EA desktop to do so. However when I press the download button for any game nothing...
  9. Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one: Today i got a Forza Horizon 1 disk from gamestop; preowned, no scratches or anything, i go to put it in and it doesn’t give me an installation prompt. It also sounds a bit differently compared to...
  10. Mass Effect 3 disc 1 won’t run or install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect 3 disc 1 won’t run or install.: I purchased a used copy of Mass Effect 3 and put it into my Xbox One and nothing happens. The disc is in good shape and ive cleaned it. I’ve looked up a few troubleshooting ideas and I’ve done a...