Xbox One S won’t open games or apps.

Discus and support Xbox One S won’t open games or apps. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every day for the past 2-3 weeks i have had to hard reset my xbox in order to open games, apps, or even the setting app. Everyday i would turn on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ApexThunderCat2, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Xbox One S won’t open games or apps.

Every day for the past 2-3 weeks i have had to hard reset my xbox in order to open games, apps, or even the setting app. Everyday i would turn on my xbox, got to play a game and it would pop up with an error message say the game/app took too long to open.
    I would then have to wait 10 minutes for the console to restart and then turn back on for me to play a game. I am starting to get a hit annoyed by this and dont really feel like doing a hard reset everyday. Does anyone have any ideas to help?

:)

ApexThunderCat2, Oct 23, 2019
  2. ApexThunderCat2 Win User

Thanks! Just finished the reset. Will reply in a few days if it works or not!
  3. ApexThunderCat2 Win User

Just finished the reset. Will respond in a few days if it works or not! Thanks again!
  4. XxMaryG36xX Win User

Have you tried resetting or rebooting the app or console? If either does not work you could always try tech support.
  5. ApexThunderCat2 Win User

Okay thank you. Will try this out!
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi ApexThunderCat2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Are you receiving any error codes when you get these messages? Has your Xbox One S been fully updated recently? Does this happen with all games & apps or just a select few?

Generally, if you're having trouble with games or apps opening up, then you would want to try

uninstalling & reinstalling the affected game/app
    . If this is happening with many of your games/apps, then you may want to try a

soft factory reset (keeping games & apps installed)
    to the console to remove any potentially damaging files on the OS that may be causing this to happen. Please be sure to know your log in credentials (email address & password) for your profile before attempting
    this as that information will be removed in the process.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps out.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won’t open games or apps. - Similar Threads - won’t open games

2. Can’t load any game, can’t report this because insider won’t even open. Already reset...

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t load any game, can’t report this because insider won’t even open. Already reset...: [IMG] submitted by /u/_rubg_ [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox won’t play or open games and some apps or they load and kick to home screem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t play or open games and some apps or they load and kick to home screem: my xbox wont open some games and apps and the ones that do open start loading and get kicked to the home screen . Last game played was fortnite and took forever to get in a match and when i did...
  4. My ambassador page won’t open

in XBoX on Consoles
    My ambassador page won’t open: It say click to see details and im an xbox ambassador cf50a310-9da9-45b3-87cf-f6a66324cf4f
  5. I try to open my game and it won’t open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I try to open my game and it won’t open: I go on my Xbox one and im trying to play some Forza Horizon 4, i open the game and it says “for some reason Forza Horizon 4 has taken to long to start, then gives me the error code: 0x8027025a, i...
  6. Disneyland Adventures Won’t Open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disneyland Adventures Won’t Open: I’m trying to play Disneyland Adventures on my Xbox One X from Game Pass but it refuses to open. It click on it and it will show me the opening image of the game but then it just crashes back to...
  7. Store app won’t open....?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Store app won’t open....?: Hey everyone, so my store app won’t open. It just gives me this error code; 0x80070bfa Also, when I try putting it in the Xbox support error search section it doesn’t say it’s a valid error code....
  8. NFL App won’t open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL App won’t open: For the last couple months my NFL app hasn’t worked on my XBOX. Whenever I open it I get a message that says “thank you to all our dedicated fans for their support during the 2017 season. We...
  9. Sky app won’t open - tried everything!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky app won’t open - tried everything!!!: The other weekend, there was an issue with the sky app, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Ever since then the app won’t open, it gives me a message saying the app is getting ready and then...
  10. Why won’t Network settings open on the Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t Network settings open on the Xbox one: When I go on settings and select network settings it tells me give it an other try and if it keeps happening enter 0x90070490 at Xbox.com/errorhelp it has been happening since yesterday and when I...